Quest For The Best Nutrient Solution: Organic Vs Salts

It's a characteristic off taste.  I am certainly not searching for it!  I think the hardcore organic growers know what I am talking about.  There is also a lack of silky smoothness in the smoke.

Naw man. Now you are being exclusive again. Try not to do that. It's only hurting you and everyone else who believes what your are posting. The 'lack' is in your life experience, not one kind of growing or another.

Example:

I have a patient that could tell the difference between outdoor and indoor, until I got better at the outdoor. Now I can fool him. It was not that one was better than the other, I was just better at growing one way than the other. If you are dead set on one type of growing it's probably because you (or your grower) is better at that type of growing. Or the strain you are growing likes one type of growing better than another.

I'm not hurting anyone and I am not here to be insulted by you Restorium2 (commenting on my life experience?  Come on now.)  We have a difference of opinion and I am fine with that.

You are lacking the life experience of smoking smooth as silk hydroponically grown marijuana, you said so yourself. You actually believe NO ONE can grow hydro that is smooth. You are sadly mistaken because of your life experience my friend. The great thing is that you have some seriously excellent things to try yet in your life as long as you are willing to open your mind to them.

You are lacking the life experience of smoking smooth as silk hydroponically grown marijuana, you said so yourself. You actually believe NO ONE can grow hydro that is smooth. You are sadly mistaken because of your life experience my friend. The great thing is that you have some seriously excellent things to try yet in your life as long as you are willing to open your mind to them.

That's funny considering what I said was "Maybe there is someone growing the perfect hydro but I haven't found it."  It was like this with you in the past Restorium2 and I see not much has changed.

That's funny considering what I said was "Maybe there is someone growing the perfect hydro but I haven't found it."  It was like this with you in the past Restorium2 and I see not much has changed.

Come on now. It's not about me. We are talking about what YOU have not found. I grow every which way and have no dog in this fight.

My comment is about what you said about what I said.  I'm getting that all too familiar arguing-with-Restorium2-about-stupid-shiit feeling so later on.

Stupid to you. I'm sick of hydro getting bashed. Not cool because the stuff used against hydro doesn't have to be, even if you have only seen it that way, which is really sad. Like that picture you posted (and iwood liked) is only happening if the grower was weak. Just like the picture I posted showing a grow where the organic soil grower was weak. It can ALL be great. Any method can fail and produce bad meds.

Stupid to you. I'm sick of hydro getting bashed. Not cool because the stuff used against hydro doesn't have to be, even if you have only seen it that way, which is really sad. Like that picture you posted (and iwood liked) is only happening if the grower was weak. Just like the picture I posted showing a grow where the organic soil grower was weak. It can ALL be great. Any method can fail and produce bad meds.

I liked the link and could care less how any one else grows. 

Stop being such a tool.

it's Organic for the win, better tasting, more potent, better aroma, longer lasting, larger yields, cheaper.

That's why the hydro folk gotta be tools or fools to try to convince us otherwise.

Who is US fool? I figured you would pop up and prop up your single minded approach to growing. Live and learn there are a lot of different ways to do things missionary man.

The grower with mad skills can grow in a prison ceiling light using his own urine for nutes. My friend Swampy.

What separates the good from the bad is not medium or nutes, it's the skill level of the grower.

Hydro sucks more for everyone than organic does.

Organically grown produce always sucks less than hydroponic/commercial salt fertilizer grown.

commercial salt fertilizer users will disagree often. Organic growers have been enlightened, usually with their first harvest. Some growers really suck at their organic approach no doubt, and prefer the artificially fed brand. Growers I meet who have mastered both, prefer organic produce to be fed to their bodies for obvious reasons, but side with salts for the cash incentives, a powerful influencer.

Hydro sucks more for everyone than organic does.

Organically grown produce always sucks less than hydroponic/commercial salt fertilizer grown.

commercial salt fertilizer users will disagree often. Organic growers have been enlightened, usually with their first harvest. Some growers really suck at their organic approach no doubt, and prefer the artificially fed brand. Growers I meet who have mastered both, prefer organic produce to be fed to their bodies for obvious reasons, but side with salts for the cash incentives, a powerful influencer.

Would love to meet you. Do you really think you can make more money growing hydro or are you just pandering? I grow all different ways. I gain a little ground in veg with my hydro. Maybe a week. That's not a very good monetary incentive. When you factor in how easy it is to mess up hydro compared to soil, I'm not sure most are cleaning up monetarily because they choose to grow some of their cannabis hydroponically. Now aero, I can blow the doors off all comers with that method. That's why NASA uses that method in their coolest and best grows. I really wish we could come to terms with this bashing of others' grow techniques, no matter how subtle your comments are, as you wrap them in soft tones.

I include aero within hydroponic(without soil) technique.

Yes, like you, I believe I can produce double weight, in less time, and indeed have using hydroponic habits. Unfortunately in our state more product weight does not equate to more money. It only equated to more temptation, more expenditure, less labor, more control, faster results, and troublesome overages.

I believe we have come to the conclusion(even me and you) that you have near mastered your aero technique, to the point that I may not be able to notice any difference between my near mastered organic approach.

I love both techniques, with great passion, and never felt slighted with hydro, except by the producers of the salts. End results were fabulous, but I feared

the contents/quality control is all. Running 8 reservoirs was tough work weekly too, but then again, hauling dirt is not fun either.

From a fiscal pov I make more money using my organic approach, but labor is increased and more difficult. When a dispensary is allowed to showcase my gear legally, it will be mostly hydroponically grown, for whatever the reasons. I'll reserve the organic efforts for personal use, and free meds to my five most likely.

peace, I'll see you there

I include aero within hydroponic(without soil) technique.

Yes, like you, I believe I can produce double weight, in less time, and indeed have using hydroponic habits. Unfortunately in our state more product weight does not equate to more money. It only equated to more temptation, more expenditure, less labor, more control, faster results, and troublesome overages.

I believe we have come to the conclusion(even me and you) that you have near mastered your aero technique, to the point that I may not be able to notice any difference between my near mastered organic approach.

I love both techniques, with great passion, and never felt slighted with hydro, except by the producers of the salts. End results were fabulous, but I feared

the contents/quality control is all. Running 8 reservoirs was tough work weekly too, but then again, hauling dirt is not fun either.

From a fiscal pov I make more money using my organic approach, but labor is increased and more difficult. When a dispensary is allowed to showcase my gear legally, it will be mostly hydroponically grown, for whatever the reasons. I'll reserve the organic efforts for personal use, and free meds to my five most likely.

peace, I'll see you there

Thanks again! I find that some strains do better in hydro, some in soil. For example; I NEVER grow my Chem D in hydro, aero, or outdoors. It's such a stupid waste after trying it every which way. Organic soil grow rules with the Chem Dog. I'm not afraid to boast organic, just like I'm not afraid to admit I grow my SCUD in hydro because it does so much better that way. Edited by Restorium2

So they can uptake the water and leave the nutes behind when they are mixed together and heavily chelated? Sorry I didn't know that. Where did you get your info from? 

Maybe easy for you not so easy for others as I have tasted. And as for playing into the hands of anti cannabis players, prove me wrong.  Sorry I don't "tow the line".  If you mix your nutes with water the plant has no choice but to drink it.  If some get left behind they just build up in the soil so that the next batch is saltier.  By definition you are force feeding if you chelate and mix your nutes with the water.

From my experience, you can read the plants uptake of either water or nutrients, if you maintain an average of both levels, PH and EC/PPM you can see on a daily basis the usage of both , in hydro this is a daily if not twice daily checkpoint, 

If you accompany the readings on a graph you can find uptake of both .. I do it and can see the average uptake of nutrients, water on a daily basis.. i would in soil you can see the same thing from runoff.. not sure really about soil, but in hydro its an easy assesment..

In general if they uptake water the the ph goes down, if they take nutrients the ph goes up.. its all in the numbers,, JMHO but it works fine for me..

Who is US fool? I figured you would pop up and prop up your single minded approach to growing. Live and learn there are a lot of different ways to do things missionary man.

The grower with mad skills can grow in a prison ceiling light using his own urine for nutes. My friend Swampy.

What separates the good from the bad is not medium or nutes, it's the skill level of the grower.

Well this missionary man is getting backlogged with hydro growers wanting to learn Sun Grown Organic.....why?....they tell me it is better and their patients are demanding it.  Even the growers supplying the disp in AA and Det are signing up. Thats how you know i am a missionary man ...they know who i am.  

Why dont you give it a rest o....you are wrong again.   

The market is shifting,  patients are becoming more informed and they want Sun Grown Organic.

You probably prefer the synthetic vagina to and i suppose you have pages and pages of posts to prove it is better.

We certified over 40 farmers on Sun Grown Organic last month alone.  We surveyed our network and there will be in excess of 

6 tonne of Sun Grown Organic Meds this year.  Stick that in your pipe and smoke it...synthetic man

Edited by beourbud

• 2 weeks later...

I have always grown organic, this is my first foray into partial chem nutes.  I am using Foxfarms organics and chems such as Cha-Ching, etc for budding Should I be concerned. How many times should I flush and wouldn't that be moot seeing the Chems are in the plant, not the soil anyway, ordinary flushing would rid the plant of harmful chems. Whats the advice and how many times should I flush using these chems.

I have always grown organic, this is my first foray into partial chem nutes.  I am using Foxfarms organics and chems such as Cha-Ching, etc for budding Should I be concerned. How many times should I flush and wouldn't that be moot seeing the Chems are in the plant, not the soil anyway, ordinary flushing would rid the plant of harmful chems. Whats the advice and how many times should I flush using these chems.

I just don't ever overfeed, then taper off the nutes for the last couple weeks at the end of flower when I'm using Fox Farms on my soil grows. Fox Farms nutes are fool proof.

every commercial nutrient program and additive comes with directions for best results. follow them, or cut them in half for the win.

note; THERE IS NO SYNTHETIC NUTRIENTS(YET) AVAILABLE.\

those are most likely NOT CHEMS in your soil or your plants. Cannabis does not uptake chemicals, or synthetic food stuff . There are synthetic chelators possibly to facilitate the force feeding of the roots, but plants don't eat chelators. Your (possible)risk will be in exposure to your organs using commercial fertilizers without agricultural training(as mandated on the bulk packaging the mj nute producers originally purchase their ingredients from, before the 2000% mark up). Maybe the for profit producers are using less than quality amendments, or too many heavy metals, or Run off may affect sewer treatments, septic fields and land water.

Other than those pesky thoughts, FoxFarms has your success figured out, and you'll love the results too.

every commercial nutrient program and additive comes with directions for best results. follow them, or cut them in half for the win.

note; THERE IS NO SYNTHETIC NUTRIENTS(YET) AVAILABLE.\

those are most likely NOT CHEMS in your soil or your plants. Cannabis does not uptake chemicals, or synthetic food stuff . There are synthetic chelators possibly to facilitate the force feeding of the roots, but plants don't eat chelators. Your (possible)risk will be in exposure to your organs using commercial fertilizers without agricultural training(as mandated on the bulk packaging the mj nute producers originally purchase their ingredients from, before the 2000% mark up). Maybe the for profit producers are using less than quality amendments, or too many heavy metals, or Run off may affect sewer treatments, septic fields and land water.

Other than those pesky thoughts, FoxFarms has your success figured out, and you'll love the results too.

All plants consume and produce chemicals. It's what they do. There are all kinds of chemicals in organic cannabis and in the soil they grow in. A chemical is just a molecule that you understand the composition of. Like CO2 is a chemical. Organic chemicals have a carbon atom.