Michigan Senate Leader Says He’S On Board With Medical Marijuana Bills

I think 5104 is full of holes that is going to be ripped apart in the SC... I.E., I make a resin, and I can have 2.5 oz of it, since that is now part of the "usable MJ" per pt... Great I concentrate 20 or so oz of bud into 2.5 oz of RSO.

BUT, there is no mention of concentration of the infused product... so if I take 1 oz of pure RSO, mix it with 1 gram of coconut oil, it is now an infused product and as a liquid, I could have 72 OZ... It would be strong as heck, but it would still be an infused product because they don't mention concentration levels and there is a detectable amount of "infusable product" in it.

And just keep in mind, the SC has been ruling literally on these cases, so if they don't define "gaseous" MJ as being the extraction method, then the SC is not going to take it as being as such.

However, I am of the belief that it is their folly, and for that, I'll let them pass it as it sits and wait to see what the SC says about it. The prosecutors can say all they want that it was supposed to mean "extration method" but if that isn't what the bill says, and this isn't a public act (meaning it should be taken literally, not interpretted liberally) they will go with the exact words...

I mean they are arguing the difference between "a" patient and "the" patient. that's how picky they have been.

Just my take, its more protections and legalizes extracts, so I am all for it. Whether or not the writer has no clue on concentrates or not, it is additional protections.

Cedar

Thanks for your input

In my opinion it's just another way for the Courts to get more $$$ from people that are sick and they all think the Law says one thing until they end up in Court to only fine out they where wrong

so if they don't define "gaseous" MJ as being the extraction method, then the SC is not going to take it as being as such. 

No one in the task force meetings, other than myself, ever suggested it was referring to the extraction method (let's be clear on that point).  I definitely do NOT think it is a good theory, rather it is a wild arse guess on my part....

I agree with you that I would not like to take that theory to the Supreme Court.  Rather it may well be language that goes nowhere (like the bridge to nowhere).  I can also tell you that as of yesterday there was no one asking to change that language, because there is still other language that is more important to change.  And that is a challenge unto itself....

I think this bill still needs absolute clarification.

this is exactly what i said in my letter to the committee when these bills came up in the house.

anything undefined needs to be defined or the courts will tear it up.

this maybe a dumb question, 

(l) (k) "Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves, flowers,

PLANT RESIN, OR EXTRACT of the marihuana plant, and

now that it says leaves, flowers resin OR extract

does that mean you may only possess one of those 4 things?

remember the supreme court has been going down to 'a' and 'the'.

maybe it would have to be written 'leaves or flowers or resin or extract'

does language saying you can have

1. dried leaves

2. flowers

3. plant resin

OR

4. extract

does that mean you can have all 4 at once ,or just one at a time?

i'm trying to remember which court opinion said the 'or' thing mattered. maybe i'm just getting paranoids.

Edited by t-pain

I think you can have all four  Just a limit  of 2.5  oz    Like one 0z of bud  1 oz of leaf  1/5 of oil..  that makes your 2.5 limit,,  Then if you have infused products  you need to adjust your limits,, Its not hard to follow 

Yes, this is just the definition, not what you are allowed.  So you are allowed 2.5 oz of usable MJ, and usable MJ is any of those forms.  If the bill said you are "allowed 2.5 oz of dried leaves, flowers,PLANT RESIN, OR EXTRACT of the marihuana plant" then you could only have one...

But they separate it, so Usable MJ is dried leaves, flowers,PLANT RESIN, OR EXTRACT of the marihuana plant.

And you are allowed 2.5 oz of usable MJ.

And if you are a prevision center you can have all you need , ?

Well 2 different bills.  I have read 4271 and I have not seen a limitation on quantity, but this is still a bill and will probably change.  I wouldnt' count on any of it at all until Snyder puts his signature on it.

Did you read the definition of "usable marihuana" I pasted earlier in the thread? All forms of concentrates and extracts are usable marihuana under this bill. These alternative weights are only for marijuana-infused products only.

Here it is again:

See the capital letters? Does that describe your oil?

Well ain't that peachy. :) So you can have 2.5 ounces of bho per Pataint. Edited by Cap'N Kush

The present Michigan legislation has done a great job of slowly gutting our MM law.

How so? They gave us two-year cards. They passed some transport specifics that arguably don't apply to us but even if they do, compliance is easy. They tightened the bona fide Dr.-patient expectations in a way that more or less is consistent with what most professional Dr.s are doing anyway.

The Michigan legislature has passed only a few amendments to the 2008 MMMA.

Can you be specific about what laws the legislature has passed that are gutting our law?

Or maybe what you are thinking is that the court of appeals is gutting the law?

How about the multi yr wait for new conditions? The shaky decision regarding the oil? The continuous push for the central supply 'provisioning centers'...? At the expense of the Caregivers and Patients. Two year cards was a nice touch... till you consider a drivers license lasts 4 or 6? years. Passports are ten years. And not to forget as you've pointed out, the numerous bad calls from the CoA as well as the Prosecuting Attorneys Assoc.      

How about the multi yr wait for new conditions? The shaky decision regarding the oil? The continuous push for the central supply 'provisioning centers'...? At the expense of the Caregivers and Patients. Two year cards was a nice touch... till you consider a drivers license lasts 4 or 6? years. Passports are ten years. And not to forget as you've pointed out, the numerous bad calls from the CoA as well as the Prosecuting Attorneys Assoc.

How is the legislature implicated in the wait for new conditions and the shaky decision regarding oil?

Thanks for the refresher Malamute. Theres a few more rings that aren't being seen in your cute 
 idealistic cartoon. Like the one for the Lobiests, the Media Spinners, The Fed...

How is the legislature implicated in the wait for new conditions and the shaky decision regarding oil?

It seems to me to be a concerted effort by all parties here mentioned to be involved in the general push back and manipulation of our original vision into a over-priced commercialized retail endeavor.

Oh boy.

I wonder what this means, copied directly from the text of HB 5104 from the Legislature's website just seconds ago. I did not need Google to find it either:

I like this, if the bill passes that is stuck in senate, oil will be legal also medibles, tinctures, which include butter with infused mm, your quote says it all.

"Quote

(l) (k) "Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves, and flowers,

PLANT RESIN, OR EXTRACT of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or

preparation thereof, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and

roots of the plant."

This is a plan I can and im sure many others can work with, and satisfy our pt's needs, if some one with a full card makes oil every crop, they will sure do well to have plenty of oil for the pt's that need it,

In this plan It would be a good idea to be a pt/c.g with a c.g, one of the pt/c.g's can grow and just make oil, that pt/c.g can get mm/usable for the pt's that dont use oil or medibles from their c.g who is only growing, my c.g can bring me 2.5 oz's, them 2.5 oz can be given to pt that smoke or vape it, as long as a pt is only getting 2.5 at a time from their c.g it is all within the law, if the c.g who is only making oil can have lets say 7 grams of oil per oz of buds, that means they can have 17 1/2 grams of oil saved for pt and the pt can have 17.5 grams of oil in their possesion with no other mm in there posesion,

all of the above is legal, I am a pt, I have a c.g, I am a c.g and I have a pt, I can have 5 pts, because I have a c.g I can only have a grow for my 5 pts and not myself (because my c.g has my grow rights) my c.g is a pt he has a c.g he can only grow for 5 pt's, his c.g can bring him 2.5 oz for medical use, he can get his pt's 2.5 for medical use, it is plain and simple and realy dont have to go any further than that, If what I am saying was ilegal I would not have a pt card with a c.g on the back, and I wouldnt have a c.g card with a pt on the back, I have been this way for 4 yrs now, I am not doing anything ilegal and none of us go out side of our registry with lara!

Either way we will be able to posess resin or extracts, it is made clear how much liquid (tinctures) we can have, It is made clear how much medibles we can have per oz, the only thing not clear is what the oz per 7 grams is for, with what im seeing I would still have to say it is oil that is the 7 grams, it cant be keif and it cant be bubble hash, neither are a gasious form before or after the simple extraction, and it appears they are calling oil resin!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

Lol @ Bob, yea he does, just don't try educating the Leo at the house, keep it for court and they will understand.. Also, the transport bill, I don't think it was meant for the decriminalized city's, I think it's for all MJ, medical or recreational..

When I read the part about "Resin" I feel it will start with the resin collected inside of pipes, bags, tanks and balloons..

Only time will tell though, because I thought I knew the plain language of the bill, till someone gets caught with to many cookies, an wax..