New Pics Of The Ladies

AbominableDro-Man

Yeah she's really starting to take off haha, I just started adding small amounts of worm castings and bat guano to the top so that when I water it carries it through the soil. I think the flower pics will be the real exciting ones though. Cross my fingers and we'll see about putting her in there within the next couple of weeks.

I just started using these little terra cotta funnel like watering plugs. I put tea into a bottle(glass, wine, etc) and set it into the watered soil. It leaches the tea for a week with daily hand watering, or two in a pot, one with water one with tea lasts several days without any watering. may be my ace, filling up wine bottles with water and tea is fun.

You'll find that adding your poop to a five gallon bucket of water and bubbling the tea for a couple days will provide you with greater rewards than dusting the tops.

Microflora is produced by the billions in the bucket, but take longer in the soil. A jumpstart on the process is the idea. Watering with that tea is a sip of bliss for the girls.

yours look great, I'd ignore what I just said and keep doing what you're doing, because it's working for you! :))

I hand water my plants every other day to every three days depending on how they look. I'll admit to not knowing how much water I SHOULD be putting into them, but so far I must have been hitting the right spot haha.

I'm certainly considering brewing my own tea for my ladies though, I'm convinced they would benefit all the more from such an implementation considering the results thus far by just putting a small layer on the top of the soil.  :thumbsu:  

@keylan- I'm sure your ladies look wonderful too Key! I wouldn't be too envious, there are still a LOT of mistakes that I could potentially end up making as a novice grower that could really put a damper on these good looking gals.

Edit: What I REALLY need to get a whole lot better at, is cloning and maintaining the right environment for cloning. I'm currently struggling with how much water to put in the tray as to avoid waterlogged plugs/drowning, but I also keep putting myself into the "We're dry and now you took too much water out of our tray" hole. Clones are hard for me, man. I bought a simple tray with a dome and some spots to put blocks in. it's suppose to hold 50, I only put 10 in there. Any amount of water just seems almost to be too much.

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

Abominable - you are right about things going wrong. that keeps me up at night lol. I had my plants to close together and they are real leggy now hope they fill in.  Definate learning curve going on. I didn't realize how fast they would grow. I thought corn grew fast pot has it beat I believe. Oh well I will plan better next time

I felt that way when I first put those ladies outside, the first couple of nights were restless ones lol. I figure in regards to space management, Im REALLY going to have to trellis that SB to keep her in a 7ft tent for flower or she'll just get too big (I'm 5'10 and currently she is up to the bottom of my sternum). This is also a problem I figured out, big plants can indeed be a real pain in the tookus when it comes to that very same space management thing lol. 

I felt that way when I first put those ladies outside, the first couple of nights were restless ones lol. I figure in regards to space management, Im REALLY going to have to trellis that SB to keep her in a 7ft tent for flower or she'll just get too big (I'm 5'10 and currently she is up to the bottom of my sternum). This is also a problem I figured out, big plants can indeed be a real pain in the tookus when it comes to that very same space management thing lol. 

The 7 ft ceiling is going to be tricky, I put mine out 31/2 weeks ago and they are to my forehead [pots are about two feet tall] when I put them out they were 18 inches. I am tying down the main stalks too. The other stalks just took off - Im going to have to tie them again! I have about 9 to 12 feet ceilings and Im worried. The space issue is mainly width right now, Ive only got so much room and they were not getting enough light cause they got tall and stretchy.

Edited by keylan

1)Rapid Rooters

2)cloning gel

3) healthy vegging cutting, taken from mid to top of plant, at a node, cut @ a 45 degree angle and gently scraped to the Cambrian(?) layer

4) soak and gently squeeze out excess water from the rooter

5) pre treat the hole with cloning gel/willow water

6) poke the plant in,

I put my plugs into a small medicine dose type cup with a small hole in the bottom. these cups sit inside a traditional dome, with a bowl of bubbling water inside, under a small t5 or a couple cfl bulbs. spray leaves daily. I pour water on the rooter a few times a week, the excess gathers in the bottom of the tray and causes raucous  if left there, so I soak it up too.

anyone know why rapid rooters don't get moldy in the moist bag ?

I use the Rapid Rooter squares, they even came with the gel clonex. Even grabbed some of that new Clonex cloning spray stuff (it's some form of foliar spray for cloning) which mind you likes to put little yellow dots on your new little clones..My problem has been too much water thus far. 

I spray them every day with a little water spray bottle, some days multiple times a day because they look quite dry. Usually, that's when I add water, I'm pretty sure my entire last bunch of clones may have died truth be told (my first attempt at ever taking clones and maintaining them) because of the overwatering. The cubes get soaked, but when I ring them out they seem like they lose too much water. 

When I took the clones, I took them, immediately put them into water (post 45deg angle), and from there I took them individually scraped and dipped them into the clonex, and into the cube. I followed a tut video on youtube, I figured using Jorge Cervantes as the grow guide for the cuttings was a good plan. It's just getting the amount of water down..I hope lol

Well lets' hope it turns out then =)

New update on the Strawberry Blue though, she WILL be finishing outside, trellising and all. Looking forward to her outdoor harvest sometime around the beginning of Oct. :bong2:

Figured out there was NO way she was finishing in the 7ft ceiling area and the only other option available, because the 10ft ceiling shed isn't complete yet, is to let her finish her natural course outside and according to the breeder, that happens beginning to mid oct. So, we'll be braving the elements together in hopes of the no-frost. If I have to harvest just a smidgen early, I suppose that will have to do, but I will NOT lose my first plant to frost for the life of me.

I mean outdoors.

indoors though, a dehumidifier, air conditioner if over 80 ever, and fans/scrubbers are necessary tools for a positive outcome.

Outdoors to me means a greenhouse too. Im planning on a dehumidifier come flowering, I already have AC and fans. Do you think that is enough to prevent problems. Abomidable has his in a greenhouse too. Im sure he would prefer an ounce of prevention too.

A dehumidifier in a greenhouse is like trying to cool a sunroom with an air conditioner. sure could help and cost, but a few meters will take the guess work out of it. Air flow is always good in or out. Jorge Cervantes lays out the grow room atmosphere parameters well in his grow bible, sticking to them will prevent all of these plant issues.

Your "help" wont depend upon the tools you choose, but how well they function in your space.

The numbers are what you're after once the tools are in place. High humidity at night is an issue I see often in new gardens. Air flow is normally lacking, for the cost of a couple box fans, and plants are over fed often. Heat is intense during lights on, and without proper c02 during these metabolic changes in excessive temperatures plants will suffocate, wilt, produce less, and be unhappy.

With active meters you can know when your plants are at risk of molds/mildews/ and even many pests and be able to correct the issue with a dial on a control, all at a glance at the wall.

After the room is controlled, feed the soil, don't worry much of the plants, they already know what to do.

Edited by grassmatch

A dehumidifier in a greenhouse is like trying to cool a sunroom with an air conditioner. sure could help and cost, but a few meters will take the guess work out of it. Air flow is always good in or out. Jorge Cervantes lays out the grow room atmosphere parameters well in his grow bible, sticking to them will prevent all of these plant issues.

Your "help" wont depend upon the tools you choose, but how well they function in your space.

The numbers are what you're after once the tools are in place. High humidity at night is an issue I see often in new gardens. Air flow is normally lacking, for the cost of a couple box fans, and plants are over fed often. Heat is intense during lights on, and without proper c02 during these metabolic changes in excessive temperatures plants will suffocate, wilt, produce less, and be unhappy.

With active meters you can know when your plants are at risk of molds/mildews/ and even many pests and be able to correct the issue with a dial on a control, all at a glance at the wall.

After the room is controlled, feed the soil, don't worry much of the plants, they already know what to do.

Ive got his book and will try to hit the numbers he has in there. As for worrying - gonna do that regardless its in my nature

I hear you though Key, I'm certainly anxious about my lady that's staying outside. I just moved the two Cotton Candy's into flower about half an hour ago. I realized while I was in there that I haven't updated the pics of the Hawaiian Skunk Haze! That is also a female and has been flowering for a week now. So I'll get pics of those tonight when the lights in there go back on. 

It's a worrysome thing I'll bet until a couple of harvest in when you get the hang of it, but I reckon we'll all get to that stage in our own time.  :yahoo-wave: