Cops Are Cowards - Scared Of Marijuana

Hee hee, After all,who is going to suspect some old lady carrying a cane,wearing a dog rescue shirt? We do it all the time during PeachFest. The crazy night parade,you can tell others have the same idea.Plus we never know when our home boy will show up,gotta have an extra for him,right?    It's the idiots in the beer tents that start all the trouble. Sometimes you get  to see 2 drunks punching it out,it's hilarious. Then the Romeo cops on their bikes with their little helmets and tight shorts.Makes you wanna shove a stick in the spokes and watch em fly..................

Hee hee, After all,who is going to suspect some old lady carrying a cane,wearing a dog rescue shirt? We do it all the time during PeachFest. The crazy night parade,you can tell others have the same idea.Plus we never know when our home boy will show up,gotta have an extra for him,right?    It's the idiots in the beer tents that start all the trouble. Sometimes you get  to see 2 drunks punching it out,it's hilarious. Then the Romeo cops on their bikes with their little helmets and tight shorts.Makes you wanna shove a stick in the spokes and watch em fly..................

You got that right. There were drunks flopping around all over on the ground. A couple drunks got in a fight over a drum stick tossed into the crowd. My peeps were just bee bopping to the music with big smiles. High fives all around after we finished matching joints. Marijuana people are such fine folks. You sure can tell when an outsider posts. All nasty and azzhatty batty. lol

You got that right. There were drunks flopping around all over on the ground. A couple drunks got in a fight over a drum stick tossed into the crowd. My peeps were just bee bopping to the music with big smiles. High fives all around after we finished matching joints. Marijuana people are such fine folks. You sure can tell when an outsider posts. All nasty and azzhatty batty. lol

Gee whiz. I know exactly what you mean. Townsend was exactly that.

I always smoke at concerts....... ALWAYS HAVE ALWAYS WILL......... What a waste of resources escpecially in todays day and age. Law or not smoking has ALWAYS gone on at concerts...........  There are many more things they can and should be dealing with at concerts and smoking isnt one of them............

Cut them a break? No just good evasive maneuvering is all.......... Well done Rest......... And yes it is very sad that they cannot realize that you were taking it somewhere discreet. They know your gonna do it and should have just left you be where you were but they are not that bright and would rather push  you to do it off to the side but as stated they are not that bright and very cowardess.....,,

I always smoke at concerts....... ALWAYS HAVE ALWAYS WILL......... What a waste of resources escpecially in todays day and age. Law or not smoking has ALWAYS gone on at concerts...........  There are many more things they can and should be dealing with at concerts and smoking isnt one of them............

Cut them a break? No just good evasive maneuvering is all.......... Well done Rest......... And yes it is very sad that they cannot realize that you were taking it somewhere discreet. They know your gonna do it and should have just left you be where you were but they are not that bright and would rather push  you to do it off to the side but as stated they are not that bright and very cowardess.....,,

Thanks for completely understanding the situation ozz.

Can u get in trouble for medicating on private propeprty which most venues are privately owned..?

Only if the owner has an official policy in place not allowing it. This was a public venue. Public park.

I can see the usefulness of those local ordinances allowing small amounts of cannabis to be legal. We need one of those in Bay City. I heard word that it was being worked on.

Man ,,,,every concert i have been to had a fog hangin over it.  Thats pretty much a given. I guess the real question is who brings a 12ish into the fog?  Who promotes meds when there will be 12ish?

Sounds like they were just keepin an eye on the kidie section.

There were kids as young a 6 years old in the front row of chairs. Drunks falling all over them. I don't know what people are thinking anymore. I guess they don't trust a babysitter?

My two recent concert 'experiences' involved driving back from Georgia.

First was in Tennessee on I-64. Many, many police; state, county and local.

Stopping folks in droves. Turns out there was some sort of festival (Banaroo?) and the protect and serve folks were harvesting dollars from prospective attendees and passersby.

Then last week the same thing happened north of Peru, Indiana. Same sort of police activity. I heard from a local there was a rock festival somewhere in West Michigan and the Indiana boys were harvesting some green themselves.

Just a reminder that whether driving or attending caution is well advised.

My last concert was Traffic at Cobo Hall in 1971. Back then I thought Traffic's album 'Low Spark of High-heeled Boys' was even better than 'Let It Bleed'. Did you know there are 180 rows in Cobo Hall? That from seats in that last row the stage appears roughly the size of a postage stamp held at arm's length? That it was impossible to tell Steve Winwood from Jim Capaldi; both resembled something in a flea circus.

And the sound? It was like listening to an eight-track car stereo play a block away.

But the worst part was the kids. We were four VN vetsgoing to school on the GI Bill, part-time jobs and the Mexican weed coming through East Lansing in those days. The cops weren't the problem at that concert. They weren't anywhere to be see. It was the darn twelve-year-olds. We tried to be discreet but whenever we'd light a joint some little azzwhole would be tugging on you sleeve begging for a hit. There was still a bit of the old school share-the-high charm remaining from the mid-60's so eventually one of us would hand the beggar a joint and the last we'd see of it was a trail of sparks disappearing down the row of seats.

You know what? Enjoying cannabis has been one of the pleasures of my life starting in the army so many years ago. The cops have changed a lot since then and not completely for the better. Cannabis has changed too for that matter. My outlook changed as well what with the 7411 and the informants and the Drug Swat Ninjas playing combat wannabees. Much of the evils of prohibition stem from an overly large government in my opinion although others seem to think you can have one (big government) without the other (big police forces).

While legalization seems possible, I find myself wondering if for Michigan medical marijuana patients these are the best of times. Maybe Resto's report is indicative of a degree of tolerance that is evolving. After all, at least they didn't come charging in with guns drawn.