First Marijuana Farmers Market In Los Angeles Opens Today

cheapshades

"Medical marijuana users in Los Angeles will now be able to buy pot directly from a farmers market the same say they purchase fresh fruit and vegetables.

The California Heritage Market, set to be held at the West Coast Collective in a 15,000 square-foot open-air venue, will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. this weekend starting today, according to Adam Henry, general manager of the market.

"This is a chance for patients to learn directly from the growers," Henry told ABC News. "Also, you get much competitive prices."

Henry said patients can get one gram of marijuana for seven dollars at the market, compared to $20 in dispensaries.

"We cut down the price of overhead and middle man," Henry said. "You need guards at dispensaries. You need employees. Rent is expensive. That drivers up costs."

Some 50 vendors are at the market today selling everything from fresh buds to baked goods.

Henry said the market is completely legal, as it is not located within 100 feet of school or 600 feet of park, which is required by the Los Angeles.

The market is free to enter, but not open to the public. Customers will have to show their ID and medical marijuana recommendation the first thing when they go in the market."

Why the heck can't you have a farm market near (or in) a park? That part of their law doesn't do anything constructive and it remains in place as just a little slap in the face. Please name one group/person who is being 'protected' by this 600 foot rule and how it protects them. It's like marijuana buyers get treated like convicted sex offenders. It's an offensive thing to even be thought of in the first place, let alone written down, pondered, and passed as a law.

Bars have the same rules also, I believe liquir stores also have to be that far from a school also,

well just seeing how a few towns were around here when they had despenses with their weed signs and all the neon lights, I dont know about you but I dont do it in front of my kids, I dont want them to breath it, i dont want there friends to smell it, I dont want my kids to think mm is ok for a kid (unless they had to use it for a condition), just like alcohol you have to be an adult to purchase it and drink it legaly, so why would we want them advertisements right next to a school?  Kids are not the people mm sellers are advertising to are they?

Just my 2 cnts

Peace

Well, not within 100 feet of a school. I said park. 600 feet of a park.

i dont want there friends to smell it

How did we get here^? We used to hide the smell so law enforcement didn't bully us. Now we are programmed to think the smell is so bad. What happened to freedom? We have to smell a certain way near a park now. I don't like stank either. But to judge that you are too stinky to be near a park? In America?

Edited by Restorium2

my bad, yea that isnt right, we had a liquir store across the street from a city park in macomb county! and the school was a little over 500 ft as the crow flys!

as far as the stink, I dont smell it  but im told by my own friends that they can smell it as soon as they get out of their car, I beleive it is from smoking or drying it sure isnt from my g.r I have all filters needed, so now that you mention it I may be doing all of that for not if people can smell my use lol!

Peace

Had a smart asss insurance adjuster over last week. He says, "Do you have skunks?" He was looking right at my grow room exhaust when he said it. I said, " I grow marijuana if that's what you are asking about. Do you have a problem or what?".

When did it become appropriate to comment on a client's smell? When did a smell make it so you lose your right to be treated politely and fairly?