News! Medical Marijuana Bills To Hit Senate Floor Next Week!

suneday11

Yes, he mentioned August a couple of times, and the fact that there is still work to do on these bills.  They will not be come to a vote in the senate until August or after for sure.

The woman, Elaine, did have valid concerns about the odor and zoning.  I agree.  However, when she starts talking about the fact that the plants have mold and this is causing her, and other residents to have significant asthma issues, she loses credibility in my eyes.  I thought the guys who mentioned strawberries at the grocery store have mold made a good counter point.

Oh, and that Gretchen Whitmer?  She seems pretty awesome.

I wonder if pharm markets would meet the requirements in the bill. If not, it is something that really should be insisted on loudly and pointedly. Why in hell not? So provisioning centers may be permitted to buy from caregivers. They will pay dirt prices for designer cannabis and mark it up exponentially to at least double what we caregivers can sell it for. I have seen markets keep quality and price compatible with patient needs. When done right, vendors compete with each other, keeping costs in line. Retail provisioning centers, a.k.a., provisioning centers, are  certainly not in the consumer's best interest. We can keep prices at less than half of what those centers will charge. To my mind it is a superior business model that puts patient need first, and taxation and corporate profit second. All that would be required is to strike sec. 4(d)(2) from the law. But silly me. I forgot for a moment that this is America, where corporations rule in every way. 

Edited by GregS

I have now seen the anti lady testify in person 3 times.  Twice today, she also came down to the admin rules public hearing.  She is clearly a set up.  Her rap is monochromatic and virtually the same each time, and it looked as though she was reading it.  Every community in MI has an ability to mess with a smell problem... called a nuisance law.  Her goal is to overturn the act and any subsequent bills.  She got ugly at the Public hearing later in the afternoon and did not even remotely discuss the "rules" that we were there to speak about.  

I tried to upload copies of the s-1 versions that passed committee today, but the file was too large.... I will ask Zap to help me.....

Michigan's Senators are taking a break from their summer break.

They'll be back in Lansing tomorrow.

The day will bring meetings of several committees and the full Senate might take a vote on a pair of bills dealing with medical marijuana and how to get it.

Jake Neher is the Lansing reporter for the Michigan Public Radio Network.

He said the first bill will allow local communities to say whether or not they want medical marijuana dispensaries and how to regulate them.

The second bill will change the state's medical marijuana act to allow patients to use edible and other non-smokeable forms of medical marijuana.

Neher said that the Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville originally was not interest in expanding the medical marijuana act, but after months of speaking with communities, he changed his mind.

The bills will be voted on in committee, but not in the full Senate.

Neher said there won’t be any movement towards fixing roads. They will look at trying to set up an early warning system for deficit school districts. Another bill being looked at tomorrow would ease driver responsibility fees.

*Listen to full show above. 

http://michiganradio.org/post/lawmakers-are-back-session-one-day-taking-medical-marijuana-changes

Edited by bobandtorey

I have now seen the anti lady testify in person 3 times.  Twice today, she also came down to the admin rules public hearing.  She is clearly a set up.  Her rap is monochromatic and virtually the same each time, and it looked as though she was reading it.  Every community in MI has an ability to mess with a smell problem... called a nuisance law.  Her goal is to overturn the act and any subsequent bills.  She got ugly at the Public hearing later in the afternoon and did not even remotely discuss the "rules" that we were there to speak about.  

I tried to upload copies of the s-1 versions that passed committee today, but the file was too large.... I will ask Zap to help me.....

Thanks

Do you know that ladies name ? i also feel she may have been a plant / pant 

the substitutes S-1 are available on the hb4721 and hb5104 pages on legislature.mi.gov if anyone wants to read them.

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2013-HB-4271

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2013-HB-5104

better start labelling your medibles...

Edited by t-pain

Yesterday was historic. The patient friendly bills 4271 and 5104 were passed out of committee and will likely be voted on the Senate floor in September. Of course, the bills have already been through this process in the House with wide bi-partisan support.

All of the relevant, competent and active state-wide organizations signed on to a Unity letter in support of the bills.

The coalition of organizations was represented by Jim Powers as he read the letter to the committee to which it was addressed.

NPRA's lobbyist Kevin McKinney and Legislative LiaisonRobin Schneider have had to navigate the bills through opposition and confusion provided by stakeholders who are not generally in support and by some 11th hour additions who would purport to stand on the side of patients and caregivers, but who have only managed to hamper the process.

Every organization, participating in this unified effort, deserves praise, but especially CPU (Cannabis Patients United). CPU is very protective of patients and had concerns for a long time over the possible implications of the proposed laws. However, they examined the situation and the bills and with some changes, decided that they would participate using the unique, very credible position in Lansing as advocates, that they have achieved over the last few years. CPU's attention and help, turned out to be invaluable.

A well known Lansing political reporter for a major media outlet, told me that Kevin McKinney and company have done one of the best lobbying jobs, that he has seen in recent history- I completely agreed.

This has been a long time coming. There is room for some celebration, but the process is far from over.

There are some technical corrections expected for sure, but there was some discussion of larger possible changes that may represent unnecessary restrictions and complicate passage.

It is crucial, that between now and the reconvening of the legislature in September, that each of us contact our state senators and encourage them to support bills 4271 and 5104 without any major changes!

http://www.senate.michigan.gov/findyoursenator/michiganfys.asp

This can actually happen! Please take a few minutes and call, email, handwrite a letter, or meet with your senator by appointment in Lansing or when he or she may be seeking citizen input at local coffee houses and libraries etc.

If you need any help with this - please ask!

WWW.SENATE.MICHIGAN.GOV
Found this

4. Protections for the Medical Use of Marihuana.
Sec. 4.

(P) IN A PUBLIC PLACE, THE PRIVILEGE FROM ARREST UNDER
SUBSECTION (A) OR (B) DOES NOT APPLY UNLESS ALL OF THE FOLLOWING 
APPLY:
(1) THE USABLE MARIHUANA AND MARIHUANA-INFUSED PRODUCT ARE
PACKAGED AND EACH PACKAGE IS LABELED WITH THE WEIGHT OF THE USABLE
MARIHUANA.

all your joints must be "packaged" and labelled if you are in public too

Yes Mr, t-pain that is the plan just like your pills if they are not in the bottle that they came inn you will be arrested and i also believe you won't get a jury to here your case 

Things will be the same as they where before 2008 just like Leo wanted it 

They are not going to believe someone that puts a labile on a package saying there is X amount of cannabis in their 

Why don't you guys have them put the nothing under 12 inches and in veg doesn't count back in?

If there still tweaking the bill? You might as well go for the gusto. While it's on the table?

Maybe even add in the size of the pot.

12 inches / Veg / 1/2 gallon pot.

Maybe male plants don't count. Shiznit I would be happy with just that. Why should a male count? It produces nothing usable other than the pollin to make seeds.

But by the off chance that, you may think it's a good idea.

Just a thought.

Edited by Cap'N Kush

Why don't you guys have them put the nothing under 12 inches and in veg doesn't count back in?

If there still tweaking the bill? You might as well go for the gusto. While it's on the table?

Maybe even add in the size of the pot.

12 inches / Veg / 1/2 gallon pot.

Maybe male plants don't count. Shiznit I would be happy with just that. Why should a male count? It produces nothing usable other than the pollin to make seeds.

Seeded Females shouldn't count either. But that would be a long shot.

IMHO!

I'm sure one of you will tell me how stupid I am, and how I'm a horrible person.

But by the off chance that, one of you actually thinks it's a good idea. I thought I should mention it.

Idk

Sorry about what ever gramical errors exist in my post. I'm sure one of you will let me know.

I know ya guys hate me, But you should totally consider it, and try and look past your udder distain for me, and make things better while you can.

Just a thought!

:P

Ps. You suck! and just becouse you know the differance between to, too, and two. Doesn't make your smart. Just shows how much of a tard you really are.

Wun' Tu' F.U

I'm out!

I agree let go for the best we can while they are working on the Bills and lets also put something inn that says Leo can't take your cannabis / home / until the case is done  and you are Free

I'm sure one of you will tell me how stupid I am, and how I'm a horrible person i don;t think that i know you and have always tried to talk to you when ever i see you and am glad we have met

I agree let go for the best we can while they are working on the Bills and lets also put something inn that says Leo can't take your cannabis / home / until the case is done and you are Free

I'm sure one of you will tell me how stupid I am, and how I'm a horrible person i don;t think that i know you and have always tried to talk to you when ever i see you and am glad we have met

Ha

Well thanks yea you have always been nice. :) a lot of people arnt.

Anyways second thought.

I'm all FOR the TESTING, but who is responsible for the cost.

Prolly should be noted the P.C's are. If not they will find a way to rape the farmers on it. I can't afford it.

I just don't have the skill leval of you guys, I can't grow a 8 ounce plant under a shop light with miracle grow. I spend money! An I'm not trying to spend any more, and incure even more over head.

Square footage wouldn't be bad either.

Like X amount of square footage, you can have as many plants as you like. I propose 1600 square feet. Idk how much that is but it sounds good. That completly goes within the law, as far as being able to have a adequate supply for your pataints. I'm thinking like 3 large bedrooms. Running a s.o.og , or rather several tents. Is that 1600 square feet. Idk and I'm not googling to make sure. So stfu! You can google that.

Your argument being, breeding. Mi needs medical marijuana strains, and obtaining them through the mail, or importing from other states is ilagal. So we as caregivers need to work with what we have hear legally. Not that any one really cares. But hay your arguing with people who think what they say matters right.

What about seed sales, and clone sales! That should prolly get thrown in there as well while your at it.

All of these things should be considard, to make this a successful booming industrie!

If you guys were really smart, you would have demanded all the proceeds from the medical marijuana cards, go towards creating natural enegry, and shut down the extremely unsafe nuclear power plants.

Maybe you could add that in the bill, plus the tax.

Maybe towards education!

I don't see why the pigs needs any more money!

Your so focused on tryin to get the bills passed, and your O the pataints, your letting all the money slip buy. You need to ditch your self righteous BS, and focus on the GWAP aka The Bread aka The almighty dollar. What that money can do for your comuntites, rather than help endorse the police state. You really want big brother useing your weed dollars to spy on you. Lmfao

Really your gonna let them give all the money to Leo?

I'm the idiot? Mmm Kay!

Y'all need to tighten this shiznit up, before it pass's. There's a lot more you can do, with this of youigjt your mind to work.

Peace out!

Make this more about what this will do for michigan as a hole, rather than just what's on the surface.

Idk

What ever!

After they pass, the bills you guys should have a big weed rally and toilet paper and egg the Capitol. Just for good measure.