Obama 'spincter' Tickle Causes Unaffordable Care.

pic book

My congratulations to those who are Obamacare winners; especially the insurance companies who co-wrote the law and whose shareholders are arguably the biggest winners of the bunch.

My condolences to those who are going to foot the bill for these lucky beneficiaries; the American private sector middle-class taxpayers.

My apologizes to our children whose future well-being we are frittering away with the profligacy of the present.

And just a reminder for those who seem to have forgotten, Obamacare, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security won't change the two certainties of life; death and taxes.

What of those who have not forgotten, a.k.a., all of us? What of all of those poor souls in every other industrialized country on the planet, every one of which has some form of government involved health care last I heard? What of those of us who will benefit when single payer finally arrives?

My congratulations to those who are Obamacare winners; especially the insurance companies who co-wrote the law and whose shareholders are arguably the biggest winners of the bunch.

My condolences to those who are going to foot the bill for these lucky beneficiaries; the American private sector middle-class taxpayers.

My apologizes to our children whose future well-being we are frittering away with the profligacy of the present.

And just a reminder for those who seem to have forgotten, Obamacare, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security won't change the two certainties of life; death and taxes.

Thanks. We all foot our own bill now, no free lunches at the emergency ward anymore. Congratulations to all the children of the future who will have health care now. Life expectancy could rise, sorry.

My State Rep, Rutledge, sent this in a newsletter today.  I don't know if it is helpful but may be a place to start.

Affordable Care Act Resources

Interested in learning more about your options now that the new federal health care law is taking effect? Please visit the Michigan Consumers for Health Care website at www.consumersforhealthcare.org/aca. You can apply online at www.healthcare.gov

http://www.consumersforhealthcare.org/aca

Hey pic book,

sorry to hear about that mess.

Medicare as you stated covers 80% of your bill. It is standard 80/20 coverage that seniors and disabled pay about $90 a month for.

If you are indeed destitute as stated(financially qualify), you should have qualified for Medicaid which would cover that other 20%.

Medicare is not free healthcare. It is insurance. Heck, even Medicaid has small copays. Small they are, but copays nonetheless.

The hospital is lying to you that the reason they are collecting your copays is because of the ACA. That simply doesn't excuse what they are doing. That are merely using it as an excuse. Do you owe the money? Of course you do.  Healthcare isn't free.  Look into Medicaid pronto.

And jointedone, I read the ACA the entire way through the entire time it was being moved in Congress and the final version.  I always read all important(to me) legislation.

The ACA was available online at every step through the entire process. If they voted an amendment, it was available online. Always.  That Nancy Pelosi stuff is just nonsense.  She stated she didn't know EVERYTHING that would be in the bill(because it hadn't passed yet) and for her to see the future of amendments in the Senate is just silly.  Thus, you will have to read the bill yourself, as she would, when it passes to know exactly what would be in it.  The Senate accepted many republican amendments.

And Phaq,.... your lady obviously didn't have insurance prior to the ACA?  She now has insurance based on her income correct?  And insurance only covers part of your medical bills right? Also, you do not have to buy insurance for your lady if you do not want to. $90 tax penalty for the year to opt out if uninsured.

Complaining that medical care is expensive has nothing to do with the ACA. The ACA is merely an insurance plan for a couple percent of americans.  Standard insurance options available.

Most of the time I hear people complaining about the ACA, it actually has nothing to do with the ACA.

before july 15, henry ford was happy to take my medicare insurance 

call medicare, find out your status and tell them your story about henry ford.

they will sort you out.

i dunno why the first thing people do is whine on the internet when they could be helping themselves with a simple fone call...

the only info im being fed is the cost of the ins we have to have or we get fined, and we cant afford no where near top end ins, I went to fill my ladys rx with her new ins, the pharmacy ran the card, it said we had to pay 188.00 bucks for 9 pills for her migrains, if I paid cash it was only 49 bucks, explain that to me. my pharmacy couldnt, but they did sell it to me for cash instead of what her ins wanted them to charge, I was there, I know what happened, but ok I realy dont under stand that, shine some light on that for me.

Peace

this is something i've run into. theres certain pharmacies that only work with medicaid. so i go there to get scripts for my mom.

$3 a script. not bad.

just call around at diff pharmacies , esp call your insurance, they can help you find a pharmacy that has the right price.....

no foolin!

You dont believe we got screwed by obama care, my lady has to pay for ins that doesnt cover sheat! now your getting personal, we cant afford to pay for ins that dont pay for nothing,

I believe you should watch who you call a liar! do you think I would say we got screwed by that a s s hat if I didnt! if so you are an a s s hat also, are you going on the road to make sure the dems stay in there no matter how they screw things up?  when reagen got elected and put in office it was my best money making yrs of my adult life, than bush sr, just kept the same plan going and than your boy willy was smart enough to keep the ball rolling that reagen started, after that and  his disgraceful use of the oval office and his indescressions people were ready for a repub again, w, did not start the war, our twin towers were hit by alqueda, he went after the country that harbored him, our guys got rid of the taliban and got a new gov in, we did what we tried, we can lead them cannibals to water but we cant make them drink, as far as Iraq so darn huessian was a horrible dictator who nobody liked including saudi arabia and most def kuwait, and the woman and people of iraq were ready to not be raped and killed by his sons! the only thing I regret is we didnt take iran out when we were over there!

You are one sided like you say we all are, the only diff is your on the wrong side, you think you know everything, all you know is what you want to know, I beleive I have like 20 some yrs on you and I cant remember a time we were not in a war of some type since I was born, and nixon just got caught doing what the others were doing and had the guts to step down, clinton got hearings and lost and should have stepped down for disgracing the office of the strongest person in the world, he was not just a ceo of some big company he was our whore dog pres and I bet you think he was the best we ever had, so it dont surprise me that you would like obama, I cant beleive the people in this country would vote for some one name barrack huesien obama, he is a young punk who didnt do anything special to be elected pres the only thing he did was use the internet better than the older fellas,,  The worst thing that ever happened to america and our alli's is obama! If mcain wouldnt have chosen palin he would have been one of our best presidents, he is always working on both sides and trying to bring the party's together, which will never happen like the muslims who all beleive if you dont beleive what they beleive we dont deserve to live!

you didnt answer me if you work or not, are you disabled? can you work out side of the home?

Peace

P.s if you dont beleive my family got screwed by obama care, how about we find ins that we most def cant afford that will cover our needs and you pay for it, you seem to know what our income is and say we didnt get screwed!

Your preaching to the stupid who cant see the forest through the trees!

wont do any good to provide health care insurance and at the same time allow a pharmaceutical producer to make 10,000% mark up profit, or a surgeon to charge 90k for the disposable tweezers his brothernlaw invented. The ones he insists all hospitals stock for his convenience. The big pharma scheme is how all these policy making puppets(P.M.P's) make their wealth. Obummer care is  the ploy to placate the masses, lubricate the sales.

Yea. I would say no one would argue that the cost of healthcare in this country is insane.  Obamacare merely allows  a few million people to get in on the nightmare. :-)

Painter,  I have seen the plans in Michigan and some have zero deductible, many have 1000 deductible etc.  High deductibles simply means your monthly premiums are excessively low and you don't plan on being sick. It is the type of plan someone in their 20's might use or a cheap arse employer would pay for.  ;-)

edit add: MANY employers are using this opportunity of blaming Obamacare to dork over their employees healthcare to save money.  I see THAT happening all over the place.  99% of the time it is total BS , corporate BS, and they are hiding behind a change in healthcare for a few million people to reap profits off the backs of their employees healthcare.

So you read the WHOLE bill,Mal? Even the hundreds of  changes that have been made? And for your information it was a direct quote from the former spooker of the house. Now who is silly ? You are just making things up. You should be thanking us taxpayers that still work despite pain so you can stay home and rest your body, and grow MMJ that YOU make pts pay for. How does this make you different than a pharm company? Always complaining about how much it cost you to grow,the overhead invested,your time,so why are you the "good" guy and companies are the "bad "guys? Are you not doing the same thing? And the Drs that suck 200 bucks from you for your application? Are they not price gouging? Only difference is you don't pay taxes on your merchandise.All pharm companies will give you your rxs at a reduced price. Do you do that? All you have to do is call them and set it up.  These programs are for the working poor like us.

wont do any good to provide health care insurance and at the same time allow a pharmaceutical producer to make 10,000% mark up profit, or a surgeon to charge 90k for the disposable tweezers his brothernlaw invented. The ones he insists all hospitals stock for his convenience. The big pharma scheme is how all these policy making puppets(P.M.P's) make their wealth. Obummer care is  the ploy to placate the masses, lubricate the sales.

Now why would Obama want to NOT fix health care? That's just a nutty conspiracy theory. He is intent of fixing health care so it can sustain us in the future. He's doing the best he could dragging around a bunch of useless people doing their best at being useless Republicans.

Healthcare is a war between those of us who need it and those of us who don't want to pay for their employees' health care. It's just that simple. ObamaCare did what it could to win that war for those of us that need health care. Health care is complicated, just like the people who need it. There are a billion different needs and situations to comprehensively address. That's why there were so many pages of rules. That's why it gets so muddied up.

Obama wants health care fixed for Americans. It's his legacy. He did what he could. You all have to use what he did for you to help yourself. Now you have to drag those same useless Republicans around with you too. They aren't too heavy, they are our brothers and sisters. Gently show them the way. Slap that employer who tells you they can't afford health care for their employees. Slap the hair right off their head! They are your problem, not Obama. 54% of your fellow Michiganders have seen that now. Join us in celebrating a good start to fixing the most important thing in America, our health. Or you can continue down the rabbit hole with the 23% that still think that ObamaCare is a bad thing for America.

Edited by Restorium2

I read grassmatch's post as saying that this legislation is simply the first step in the direction of fixing health care, and more radical steps will be made before it can be truly successful, as the current situation is overly beneficial to corporate health care services. Balancing forces and additional legislative adjustments are on the horizon before health care is truly fixed. I personally think that single-payer awaits as the answer.

And anyone that thinks Malamute hasn't read the whole thing doesn't know him very well.

I deal with corporate health care issues on nearly a daily basis. Corporate health care providers, and the self insured among them, are extremely ticked off with the ACA. So I don't agree that corporate health care is liking what Obama has served them. Corporate health care is made up of a bunch of sharks and the sharks are actually attacking each other trying to pass the buck. Corporate health care was poised to deal themselves an unbeatable hand and totally exclude paying for any pre existing conditions. They were going to use the rising cost of health care to plead to the American public to help them get rid of the dead weight of the chronically ill. That's what this 'we can't afford it' talk is all about. ObamCare put up a fence against this just in time. Sometimes you get what you need.

When grassmatch said; Obummer care is the ploy to placate the masses, lubricate the sales.

OBAMACARE is not a ploy to lubricate sales. That's a frivolous conspiracy theory that points fingers in the wrong direction. There's no motive for this. It's just an idea hanging there in space needing to be shot down.

I definitely read the "whole" thing. It isn't like it is that hard or takes that long.  How do I know people have no clue wtf they are talking about when they say it is 2400 pages etc/? Because the law as passed is NOT 2400 pages.  One version of the BILL while in the house was about 2100 pages, but as typical, the House crunched it with amendments,... the Senate crunched it down with amendments,... and the law as passed is just over 900 pages. The "law" does allow more words due to lack of double lines, but even in bill form (averages around 200+ words a page, a law is around 350 words per page) it is much shorter than the 2400+ number you hear parroted on Fox news and crapola.  This is why I know,... because I simply do.

So yea.

I am more SHOCKED that all these idiots who complain about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act haven't even taken the time to actually read it.  It actually disgusts me that the public hasn't read it themselves instead of only parroting what people tell you it says and does.  *shrug*

Idiots.

;-p

And again jointedone,  I am simply a patient.  I do not sell cannabis. I am not a caregiver. I never complain about costs,... ever. I actually teach people to grow at a fraction of the cost as many recommend. 

You are just so off base and nonsensical, I only respond because I do find you a little entertaining nonetheless. :-)

Spicy!

ObamaCare is quickly becoming something the general public praises, rather than a valid battle cry for the opposition to Obama. Those who are looking for ways to continually bash Obama will return to the well of endless bad information to get votes for Republicans. Hey, there goes another stupid f er running a bash ObamaCare commercial. Good to see it! They are their own worst enemies.

Btw, I read all legislation that I find interesting or is real important(to me) or a monumental bill.

I mean, I read the patriot act, military commission acts, budgets, etc etc etc. I probably read about 500-1000 bills a year.  *shrug*  Many are short... :-)

An informed public my friends.  It is the only thing that will keep our republic.

Misinformation such as released by Fox news creates a self righteous and mostly misinformed public.  Fox News is propaganda.  It just simply is. 

Be an informed public and read it yourselves. Then understand it. Then you can shake your head like I do when totally misinformed people blame the ACA for crapp that has nothing to do with it.

The ACA is merely a way for people to buy private insurance.  I wish you could just buy in to medicare personally(i.e. public option) which would have been much better than these state run programs IMO.  But republicans (and 5 democrats) fought the public option tooth and nail.  *shrug* Whatcha gonna do.

People freak out like ACA changes EVERYTHING, when in all honestly, it really doesn't change much. It is just the hyperbolic lunacy that has made people think it changes EVERYTHING.

And that hyperbolic lunacy has afforded employers and corporations the ability to screw over their employees with their healthcare.  It has allowed doctors and hospitals to claim the ACA is why they charge so much when their prices have been ridiculous for decades and decades.  ACA merely guarantees a very minimal amount of coverage must be offered,... very very minimal requirement on insurance companies to provide even mediocre policies,  and allows people to buy a policy and helps them pay for it if they be poor asss.

Boring.

Cost of healthcare is a problem and obamacare will only lessen the curve in increases, which have been insane for decades.

BCBS cancelled 200,000 policies in michigan and tried to blame it off on obamacare.

they sent a letter, when asked by phone if there was a new plan, the phone rep responded 'i dont know'.

there are lots of muffin makers running the show, causing problems that do not need to happen.

BCBS could have just sent a letter asking people to switch to plan b at the end of the quarter. but no.

BCBS are muffin makers.

then the next quarter they just sent another letter and a bill for new insurance. no apology or nothing.

i think they even blamed obamacare for their own stupidity twice. oh and this happened the first quarter that the penalty would apply if you werent covered for the first 6 months or whatever. right in that crazy time period. thanks for that stress.

i guess people dont remember what it was like before the ACA.

do you remember lying to insurance companies? telling them you didnt have any pre-existing conditions?

i remember that.

do you remember $15k hospital bills that the ins company wouldnt pay for?

do you remember having to sue the ins company because they wouldnt pay for anything?

do you remember paying for a bunch of things because ins didnt cover eyeglasses or dental work?

i dont even know if anyone will read these rants. sometimes i just delete them and move onto a different thread.

good luck. and remember, if you are having problems with your hosp bills or prescription bills, just call the insurance company. now by law they are forced to actually help you...

You get a glimpse of the problem in your life if you pay attention:

While accompanying a brain tumor patient to the emergency ward I saw an elderly black man laying on a gurney in the hallway. I struck up a conversation with him. It turns out he went to the emergency ward as a last resort to get some care for his diabetic issues. His chart said 'gunshot wound'. I asked him how he got shot. He said he asked his friend to shoot him in the leg with his pellet gun so he could go to the hospital emergency and get some help. This was a patient that needed a doctors appointment that would cost $100, he got care for his diabetic issues, costing us all in the long run thousands of dollars.  ObamaCare is an attempt to fix this problem among others.

Edited by Restorium2