How To Calculate Wattage

Shades is correct.  VV=variable voltage.  Varies from 3.2 - 4.6 volts.  Don't know the amperage, but it is a standard pen battery.

You can probably find the amps on the battery or batteries. Probably expressed in milliamps

Also look to see if there is more than one battery and if they are parallel or in series. Parallel means positive to positive and neg to neg. series would be the positive on one battery connected to negative on the next.

For example, two AA batteries in series make 3 volts. Two AAs run parallel make 1.5 volts but last twice as long as one battery at 1.5 volts.

• 2 weeks later...

You can probably find the amps on the battery or batteries. Probably expressed in milliamps

Also look to see if there is more than one battery and if they are parallel or in series. Parallel means positive to positive and neg to neg. series would be the positive on one battery connected to negative on the next.

For example, two AA batteries in series make 3 volts. Two AAs run parallel make 1.5 volts but last twice as long as one battery at 1.5 volts.

The way the variable voltage batteries are sold, the mA refers to the capacity, how long it will last.

For instance, I have an eGo C Twist 650 mAh battery. The 650 mAh battery charge does not last as long as say an 1100 mAh battery. Each puts out the same amount of power. Usually the pen batteries are 3 to 5 Amp output. If I compared it to my Variable Voltage / Variable Wattage SVD, which has a LCD display, with wattage output, the pen batteries would probably be around 3 to 6 watts.

Having variable wattage is a nice feature. Then you can set it to the appropriate voltage and increase or decrease the wattage as needed to get the perfect vape. Sometimes I turn the wattage up, it is vaping good, and then I may need to turn it down a little during the same sitting. It really helps with keeping a consistent vaping experience. 

Variable Voltage / Variable Wattage vape is usually considered a MOD or APV (Advanced Personal Vaporizer).

There are charts available for one to key in on the correct volts based on the resistance of the device. Most APVs have a built in ohm meter (resistance checker). I would not completely rely on the charts alone though. With so many new products becoming available, the charts are almost obsolete in many cases. Especially with the new sub ohm coils that are in a sealed compartment. They seem to work opposite compared to the older units.