A Neighbor Of Mine Is Trying To Get Card, Please Help.

A neighbor of mine, recently pulled a upper back muscle at his job. His employer sent him to the clinic, where the doctor took zero x-rays. The doctor gave him some prescription painkiller of some sort and sent him on his way. The medical record for his diagnosis/conditions addressed for visit says "Upper Back Muscle Strain-Primary" and "Chest wall muscle strain."  His reason for visit was "Back Pain", and  incident says: "Lifting crates at work"

Is this enough information for my neighbor to get his card? Or does he need some sort of X-rays for back pain? He is not a fan of the painkiller he is prescribed and prefers a alternative method. 

I also wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all there help, you guys helped me out a lot, I learned a lot more knowledge by just reading and reading, over the past year and the years before that, because I was too nervous to join because of my government. I only log onto this site at my library just in case. 

I actually just thought of this after posting. I wonder why his employer didn't take ANY x-rays. I mean every time i pulled a muscle I went to my chiropractor and they took a X-ray. I know that my neighbor went to Urgent Care Clinic, and was forced to by his employer. They drugged tested him immediately (he passed). After that the doctor touched him in the places that hurt, and told him a few precautionary things to do, before returning to work, then prescribed him vicoden. I'm embarrassed as a American, that my neighbor DID NOT get adequate or good quality care for his medical situation. I feel my neighbor has a right to live. 

pulled a muscle you say? sounds kind of temporary vs a 'debilitating (missed work) chronic (more than 3 months) pain' that the act was created to help.

x-ray is only good for taking pics of bones (broken bones) usually.

mri is good for soft tissue damage (bullet wounds). but eeeeexpensive.

if nothing is broken or dislocated/ripped from socket or nauseas , or he doesnt have PTSD, your friend is out of luck i'm guessing.

Edited by t-pain

I sill live with injuries that my former employer still insists were soft tissue injuries in 1999. That I can no longer walk or use my shoulders to lift and reach it is beyond them to acknowledge. They got off the hook when the state decided my injuries were no worse than that, as told by company doctors. Get him to a physician you find online with the treatment records in hand. If they are adequate he will have no problem.  I recommend Dr. Paul Meyer of Saginaw.

More importantly, ensure that he has filed a workers' compensation claim for the injuries. Employers are famous for hiring shill doctors who tell them what they want to hear, letting them off the hook for injuries those doctors swear were not caused by a workplace incident. n case there is something more substantial than the soft tissue injury the doctors have diagnosed you will want a report of injury in the record.

Edited by GregS

I actually just thought of this after posting. I wonder why his employer didn't take ANY x-rays. I mean every time i pulled a muscle I went to my chiropractor and they took a X-ray. I know that my neighbor went to Urgent Care Clinic, and was forced to by his employer. They drugged tested him immediately (he passed). After that the doctor touched him in the places that hurt, and told him a few precautionary things to do, before returning to work, then prescribed him vicoden. I'm embarrassed as a American, that my neighbor DID NOT get adequate or good quality care for his medical situation. I feel my neighbor has a right to live. 

An X-ray every time you pulled a muscle? Your chiropractor is putting you in danger just so he can get more money for diagnostics. Find someone else... 

I am asking if anyone knows if I ( who lives in Toledo, Ohio)  can go to Michigan and maybe get a card to help me with my MS among other conditions.  Does anyone know ...beacause frankly these meds they have me on now are not working and was I told last week that they can do nothing more for than just treat symptoms....which really is not addressing the pain and lack of sleep.    thank you to anyone who knows

@druid , you can either be a visiting patient from another mmj state

or a michigan resident to get a card.

so you are neither right now, you wont be able to get a card. you maybe able to get a dr recommendation.

i dont see anything in the law that states you must be a resident to get a mmj recomendation from a doctor.

so, assuming you can get a dr to give you an mmj recommendation, some dispensary or cg might be able to help you.

neither one of you would be protected by arrest, but you would still have sec8 protections i think.

i could be wrong. do not take this as legal advice.

Edited by t-pain