Any Give An Octopot A Try?

The guys at my hydro store told me what worked for them, so I am going from their word. The stone, the dirt, everything except for advanced nutes. I'm a little apprehensive about the cost of their line at this time.

In the end, when you harvest your finest, you'll see the "cost" of doing so is minimal, when considering the nutrient portion. Don't forget the dehumidifier, air conditioner, stink sock, fans, another air pump and more stones when putting your garden together.

Every hydro system I used was awesome. All but one nutrient system worked very well for me. The choice becomes a matter of opinion, capabilities, cash, time, lifestyle. Hydro is a blast with great results. Good Luck, please keep us current on your garden, and feel free to ask anything.

My Octopot is auto watering as it should. The reservoir does not have an odor yet and the bottom of the "pot" smells like earth still. so far so good. Plant is doing as well as its neighbors, and her roots are in the water already. The new growth tips are a little different than the neighbors, I think from having direct water access. The other plants are in the same dirt with the same nutrients/amounts. The roots of the other 5 gallon plants have not reached the bottom of the bucket yet, but the octo has, for the only water it gets. :drinking-coffee:

the grow bag is about the size of a 5 gallon pail. Its dirt filled to about 5 inches from the top. I noticed the dirt is uniformly wet right down to the bottom of the bag. the "cup" at the bottom is soaked through but wicks only enough to keep the soil cool.  The outside of the bag is dry to the touch all the way down. water still smells fresh, reservoir is cool to the touch. It feels strange not to be fussing with it...

using about a gallon a day of water in the 5 gallon octo,  same as the 5 pail control. (a quart a day in the one gallon grow bags.)

The octo growth is different than the control with the exact dirt/fertilizer/clone. Octo is darker and the leaves are more fibrous(?), tougher too.

The plant is "stronger" physically with a more robust stalk where it exits the dirt. Both are showing sex at the same time/rate. the fan leaves on

the octo plant are much larger than the 5 pail plant's. I suspect they will finish identically, with the octo using 5x less  energy to arrive, my energy.

75 bucks is a lot of money, but after shopping for alternative containers to use for the reservoir, cutting, and failure/learning curve, along with the mess, I'm

thinking when this one is finished I'll dive in. The premade/ease of assembly, function and no brainer add water-n-grow organic approach is a winner here. If my flower room had these instead of bags/buckets I might actually be able to take my first vacation since 2008 !

I believe I'll use a 3-5 gallon pail to replace the bag that comes with the system, for a permanent solution when the bag is spent after a couple uses.

I'm thinking of picking up one at a time. I wish they came with the bucket option still, instead of the bag. he sold the bucket system for

45 dollars or so when they were offered. Not sure why he discontinued the option. I have buckets though, boy do I have buckets!

I'll take some pics when the plants are in bud. right now they look like vegging pre flower plants. I know the only advantage in my end will be the

"no fuss/no mess watering" issue. My disadvantage will be the "hardening off" between waterings I normally appreciate. If I can get over that

I'll have a couple more this year.