Three Arrested In U.p.s.e.t. Marijuana Bust

bobandtorey

Also some ( Gas ) B B Guns are same as any other gun i didn't know that until today 

If it can shoot anything except a BB it is a gun. I learned that with one of my first air-rifles. Compression pumped bb/pellet gun. The problem was the bolt was essentially open so you could put anything you wanted in there. I had darts and an assortment of things. If the caliber goes over .177 you've got a firearm.

There was a proposal in the recent election that covered these muddy waters but it seemed even dirtier than now. New ways to imprison and confiscate. It is a soviet philosophy they are getting us used to. "If you aren't doing anything wrong you have no reason to worry that we monitor and control every aspect of your life."

And may i add i would bet not many cannabis grows and users no about this

The issue is that the Fed. ban is what makes firearms and Marijuana a mandatory jail proposition. I'm sure we'll get some people chiming in soon but there are cases where citizens have gotten their firearms back because the MCL stipulates they can't bust your balls for your medical marihuana use. As long as none of the fruit on your trees is poison (too much, bad follow-up with doctors etc.) you should receive your firearms back from the police.

I've never supported the police activity by purchasing equipment they've stolen from others. :cigar:

and yes, that's two guesses. :rolleyes:

That is their beer money my friend!

The police activity you are paying for is the raid. Look at that State withholding. They spend that money to keep you safe and arrest your neighbors.

But now that I see the angle of approach I petition to amend my guess. The big growers who are friends of the police and buy the best of the "like new" gear at the pre-auction party?

them too. If nobody bought the used equipment from their raids they'd probably just stockpile it themselves, leaving their motive still. I just don't like the idea of being the buyer cashing in on the robbery booty. Like investing in a corp that uses the investment monies to jail us, like private prisons for one. There's big money to be made helping these guys I suppose, but  we need to take a look at our 401's and other investments responsibly before we cast stones I think. We're the root cause of many of our own issues, time and time again.

The issue is that the Fed. ban is what makes firearms and Marijuana a mandatory jail proposition. I'm sure we'll get some people chiming in soon but there are cases where citizens have gotten their firearms back because the MCL stipulates they can't bust your balls for your medical marihuana use. As long as none of the fruit on your trees is poison (too much, bad follow-up with doctors etc.) you should receive your firearms back from the police.

I agree and have seen it for myself it does happen but its rare   i have also seen it more times they don't get it back if anyone has been tuned into PGT they would know that the two case's in front of the supreme court right now most have no defense at all IMO follow up's won't help you today 

medical marihuana use i agree but growing i don't think you'll be OK 

That doesn't mean you should stop doing them i still do only because it may help along with lots of $$$$ and many years of Court battles

I agree and have seen it for myself it does happen but its rare   i have also seen it more times they don't get it back if anyone has been tuned into PGT they would know that the two case's in front of the supreme court right now most have no defense at all IMO follow up's won't help you today 

medical marihuana use i agree but growing i don't think you'll be OK 

I know there was one story here where someone said they were raided with a grow (that was in limits) and the cops gave them their (unloaded) firearms back. As there was no crime being committed the firearms did not represent a violation. As you (and most everyone) has said - this law is not statewide. It is cop by cop. You do raise a good distinction that I hadn't contemplated. Anytime I think of a cop and weed in the same room I see silver bracelets regardless of quantity and circumstances. Decades of conditioning by a police state.

"That doesn't mean you should stop doing them i still do only because it may help along with lots of $$$$ and many years of Court battles"

I apologize, stop doing what? I got confused here. Thank you.

them too. If nobody bought the used equipment from their raids they'd probably just stockpile it themselves, leaving their motive still. I just don't like the idea of being the buyer cashing in on the robbery booty. Like investing in a corp that uses the investment monies to jail us, like private prisons for one. There's big money to be made helping these guys I suppose, but  we need to take a look at our 401's and other investments responsibly before we cast stones I think. We're the root cause of many of our own issues, time and time again.

That's a tough spot. It's like when people show up to farm foreclosures. A few ways to look at it. Would you rather some friend of the cops show up from Ohio and buy the stuff for pennies on the dollar as they giggle about how much they got to steal because everyone else stayed home? Or would you rather buy the equipment at a reduced rate and help every person in medicinal need to realign the karmic balance of the universe?

They LOVE confiscation. It gives them budget that has no strings. That's why they love the "war on drugs" so much and can't let it go. Preaching to the choir with this rhetoric I know. But grrrrrr....

Right now some guy is putting on his uniform hoping he can send a 19 year old kid to jail because he had a joint. His dream is to get the kid's dealer and move up the chain so that he can be Sheriff one day because he is all about "helping" people.

I know there was one story here where someone said they were raided with a grow (that was in limits) and the cops gave them their (unloaded) firearms back. As there was no crime being committed the firearms did not represent a violation. As you (and most everyone) has said - this law is not statewide. It is cop by cop. You do raise a good distinction that I hadn't contemplated. Anytime I think of a cop and weed in the same room I see silver bracelets regardless of quantity and circumstances. Decades of conditioning by a police state.

"That doesn't mean you should stop doing them i still do only because it may help along with lots of $$$$ and many years of Court battles"

I apologize, stop doing what? I got confused here. Thank you.

follow up's

ONTONAGON -- The cases of two suspects who were facing charges of manufacturing marijuana have been dismissed.

According to the Ontonagon Prosecutor's Office, the cases of Michael Lehto and Shaun Comes were dismissed in order to reevaluate the case. They are expected to be brought up on other

charges sometime later this month.

The suspects were arrested in September after state and federal agents executed a search warrant at an old motel three miles east of Bruce Crossing. According to UPSET officials, they seized

131 marijuana plants and over $6,00 in proceeds from the location, along with $5,000 worth of illegal marijuana growing equipment, five pounds of processed marijuana, a gallon of hemp oil,

psychedelic mushrooms and a shotgun.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/news/story.aspx?id=1113093

That was the article from back in October, the newest update was from the other day

I used to love going to Bruce Crossing. There was a place called "Grandma Gruder's" that was there for a long time. Best breakfast skillet in the state and the pies. Nothing like a slice of pie after breakfast. It burned down early 2000's. They didn't rebuild and the Crossing is pretty much middle of nowhere last time I was there.

Grandma Grooters was definitely delicious! Breakfast was always good

I had a charge of possesion of mj and heroin in roscomon county,,,,the funny thing is the heroin was lil bottles of bho with some left over in it and it looked like black tar to the rookie twp cops, oh and I was on state land camping with a permit, not in a state camp ground but state forrest with a free state land camping permit, the searched my camper and found a lil stash of mj and almost empty bottles of bho which they called heroin untill it was tested and came back as thc,,,,they also took my loaded .22 long gun that was loaded and in my closet in the camper, this happened on a fri nite, by mon morning I was at the twp po po dept getting my .22 back and the ammo that was in the gun, they only charged me with possesion of mj and black tar heroin at that point, but I still got my gun back and when the testing came back that it was mj I got all charges dropped, I have had a loaded gun taken from me 2 times while I was camping legaly on state land, and both times I got my guns back, no attny and no charges!

Im sure most of you who have been around long enough remember my issues,,,,,I wont give up my weapons, I will give up my grow rights and pt rights before I give up my 2nd amendment rights!

Peace

That's a heck of a story. I know a couple people who have had encounters with LEO while with their weapons and medicine and were treated fairly without incident or confiscation. They aren't court cases and too random for me to accept as "policy" indicators.

Free state land camping. Do they hassle those people a lot? I sold my property in Rose City because I feel there is enough state land for me to use I don't need to own the land, just sleep on top of it for a few nights before heading to the next place.

For dispersed camping:

Instructions:

• Print all requested information in pencil in plain and legible English. Include the name and complete address of each member of the camping party. Use additional Camp Registration Cards if necessary.
  • Post this card prominently at the campsite before making camp and leave posted upon departure when camping on State-owned land other than State Parks, Recreation Areas, State Forest Campgrounds or State Game Area Campgrounds. DO NOT post on a motor home, camper or trailer; post elsewhere on camping site.
  • Leave this card in campsite at departure.

Why do I have to leave everyone's name and address information in the middle of the woods? I did not know they required this much information to sleep in the woods - I give less info. at the Motel 6 or the Marriott.

So they just pick through the cards then drive around looking for people they usually never get to harass. Thank you for your sharing your story, you just changed a summer camping trip I was planning.

That's a heck of a story. I know a couple people who have had encounters with LEO while with their weapons and medicine and were treated fairly without incident or confiscation. They aren't court cases and too random for me to accept as "policy" indicators.

Free state land camping. Do they hassle those people a lot? I sold my property in Rose City because I feel there is enough state land for me to use I don't need to own the land, just sleep on top of it for a few nights before heading to the next place.

For dispersed camping:

Instructions:

• Print all requested information in pencil in plain and legible English. Include the name and complete address of each member of the camping party. Use additional Camp Registration Cards if necessary.
  • Post this card prominently at the campsite before making camp and leave posted upon departure when camping on State-owned land other than State Parks, Recreation Areas, State Forest Campgrounds or State Game Area Campgrounds. DO NOT post on a motor home, camper or trailer; post elsewhere on camping site.
  • Leave this card in campsite at departure.

Why do I have to leave everyone's name and address information in the middle of the woods? I did not know they required this much information to sleep in the woods - I give less info. at the Motel 6 or the Marriott.

So they just pick through the cards then drive around looking for people they usually never get to harass. Thank you for your sharing your story, you just changed a summer camping trip I was planning.

When you are campin on state land a certain area around your camp site is considered you property for the time you are there, I never put any ones name on it  but mine, I dont put my lady's or kids name on it, I put how many are in my party on my lot (you have a certain amount of land that is yours during the 15 day period you are there) they only want you to keep your permit up after you leave so they know who to bill if  you leave a mess behind,

I always write my permit in pencil, I change the date every day lol, the rules have changed, you can only camp in one place for 15 days a yr, you cant go back after moving a mile away for 24 hrs like you used to be able to do!  I dont leave my permit behind, in fact I havent had the dnr or po po come and check my permit in yrs, I have spent 4 months a yr camping on state land, some times in the same place, but once they come and take their part of the camping permit you only have 15 days from the time they took part of your permit to leave, and you cant go back their till next yr, you can move 1 mile away and camp there for 15 more legal days, I do the same thing in free national forrest spots, Ive stayed in most for over 6 wks before the forrestry service comes and gets my permit, and than I move again, I stay in a 3 mile area the whole four months, if you dont cause problems you wont have issues on either property's,

Dont change your summer plans, just read the rules and have fun, use a pencil and make it your daily choir to change the date to accomadate your vacation plans!  I have camped not far from people who home stead if or try to for the summer, mostly during turtle season and dnr is not stupid they will leave all others alone and evict the one they know that is there for ilegal gain!

Peace

• 2 months later...

Ontonagon -- A man accused of manufacturing marijuana has asked for a motion to declare the search warrant, which led to his arrest, unlawful.

The Upper Peninsula Substance Enforcement Team found more than 130 marijuana plants, five pounds of processed marijuana, a gallon of hemp oil, psychedelic mushrooms, and a firearm after searching Robert Johnson, Sr.'s residence in Bruce Crossing.

Johnson's motion was denied, which means all substances that were found in the home will be used as evidence if the case goes to trial.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/news/story.aspx?id=1144795#.VQTJhBj3aK1

Edited by SimplyLost8

ONTONAGON -- Robert Johnson, a man accused of having over 130 marijuana plants in his residence was back in court Friday afternoon. Johnson filed a motion to change the public defender assigned to the case due to a breakdown of communication between Johnson and the public defender. The judge granted the motion, but Johnson then decided that he would prefer to defend himself in court rather than take another court appointed attorney.

Johnson then filed a motion to have the case dismissed, alleging that the police illegally obtained a search warrant and that the officer lied about legally obtaining the warrant in a court of law.

"This case has got a lot of problems with it as far as the search warrant. The cop lied on the stand as to what he says he saw and we can prove that he didn't see what he says he saw," said Johnson.

The judge denied Johnson's motion to dismiss the case and deemed the best place to prove Johnson's allegations was at trial. The trial is set to begin on April 15.

RELATED LINKS

ONTONAGON -- Robert Johnson, a man accused of having over 130 marijuana plants in his residence was back in court Friday afternoon. Johnson filed a motion to change the public defender assigned to the case due to a breakdown of communication between Johnson and the public defender. The judge granted the motion, but Johnson then decided that he would prefer to defend himself in court rather than take another court appointed attorney.

Johnson then filed a motion to have the case dismissed, alleging that the police illegally obtained a search warrant and that the officer lied about legally obtaining the warrant in a court of law.

"This case has got a lot of problems with it as far as the search warrant. The cop lied on the stand as to what he says he saw and we can prove that he didn't see what he says he saw," said Johnson.

The judge denied Johnson's motion to dismiss the case and deemed the best place to prove Johnson's allegations was at trial. The trial is set to begin on April 15.

RELATED LINKS

You can fire your court appt'd attny but they will not let you have another court appt'd attny, at that point you either need to hire your own or rep yourself, I have fired court appt'd attny's and hired my own and it was well worth the money!  the only time I use a court appt'd attny is usualy to get more time when I fire their arse!  A court appt'd attny has to do what you tell them to do or you can get a mistrial, been there done that!

zap do you have an opin about what I wrote above?

Peace

I moved to my campground to avoid all these rules. :hair:

Your area cant be as = to where I live as far as neibors or the amount of people that actualy live here, I dont think I have ever lived in a poorer area than the one I live in now, The only person who has ever stolen from me here lived here, yea lived here, now he is on his own and wont ever be welcome in this home as long as my stuff is here, my lady's son is a lying thief and so are the people/punks he hangs with, I have alread thumped a few of them and had a weapon out a few times on our property. so most dont even come around here, I dont let many of my grown daughters friends here, I tell her go get your own house if you want your lil thieving friends to visit none of them are welcome here, I let one of her girl friends come here and thats is it, and no one is allowed in my basement, no one that doesnt live here is allowed in my basement, we have a pool table im taking apart and throwing away, our family room used to be in the basement, not any longer the whole basement accept for our laundry room is off limits to every one but my lady!

Loose lips sink ships!  No one is allowed on my ship lol!

Peace