Ktva Reporter Quits On-Air, Reveals Herself As Owner Of Alaska Cannabis Club

MightyMightyMezz

Jeez I was visiting family in Anchorage last month and I'm not sure this reporter has made a wise choice.

Alaska has had an interesting history with cannabis starting with Rufus and the appropriately named Happy Valley growers who pioneered a Thai/Maui cross in the late '60's that was then imported into Denmark as 'Northern Lights' although some Palmer area growers chose the more sonorous sounding Matanuska Valley Thunder-truck for what was then the same variety back in those olden days.

I only wish I'd see the deep purple colored variety that was also available back then.

Problem going for anyone thinking they can make a bundle in Alaska from recreational cannabis is they are probably fooling themselves if the preliminary Even without dispensaries, medical marijuana is alive and well in Anchorage, much like Michigan. There are established mmj producers and patients that are operating outside the confines of a legal recreational regulatory and taxation regime and will likely continue to do so even after recreational cannabis is once again decriminalized in November.

From a price point comparison recreational simply can't compete with the lower cost mmj.

Even twenty-five years ago police were inclined to ignore lingering odors of cannabis when making traffic stops unless the driver showed outward signs of impairment or were stupidly hostile, factors more likely related to alcohol than cannabis consumption. But then in Alaska the police tend to enjoy recreating as much as the typical civilian. It was quite an adjustment moving back to SW Michigan after retiring from thirty-three years in the Alaska oil patch.

What really struck me about Alaska was the absence of an overwhelming police presence so typical or Michigan. While it is seemingly impossible to drive more than a few miles in Michigan without encountering one variety of cop or another, in Alaska their presence is much less obvious.

Different strokes for different folks bro. I don't swear in front of my young kids. Nor would I in their classroom in front of 30 kids. Maybe you think that's ok. That's your opinion. That tv broadcast goes out to more than a classroom full of kids. Whether you would or wouldn't and whether it should or shouldn't be allowed on tv isn't the point. The point is it isn't allowed so you expect that when your kids are around during the 6 o clock news it won't be done. I'm fine with allowing it on tv but at least then I know it is allowed and can parent my kids in a way where they aren't exposed to it.

It was a dick move. Purely classless. An educated person like her should have been able to get her point across without swearing.

And to whoever asked if we'd be talkin bout it if she didn't do it, the answer is no. But we are now and it isn't in a good light. Anyone here think that the marijuana cause has been advanced due to this?

Yes, I believe that the marijuana movement has advanced a bit from her indiscretion(s). I reminisce of politico saying and doing all kinds of nasty things for attention. this one is small, insignificant comparitively. Sometimes you just have to stand up for yourself. I suspect there was a fat cigar giving her nasty finger throat signs while she was derailing, and maybe she was responding to a personal note. I love her, and what she did. her potty mouth makes her even more attractive to me. Her blatant disrespect for the system and tossing her career to make the point....Hahahahoooooootttt!

Yes, I believe that the marijuana movement has advanced a bit from her indiscretion(s). I reminisce of politico saying and doing all kinds of nasty things for attention. this one is small, insignificant comparitively. Sometimes you just have to stand up for yourself. I suspect there was a fat cigar giving her nasty finger throat signs while she was derailing, and maybe she was responding to a personal note. I love her, and what she did. her potty mouth makes her even more attractive to me. Her blatant disrespect for the system and tossing her career to make the point....Hahahahoooooootttt!

The phrase "yer fuccin A right" comes to mind . I hope I have not offended anyone  :)) 

Prior to Greene’s announcement on the live-TV, adherents of the Alaska Cannabis Club on Twitter and Facebook was asked to tune in.

"Because I wanted to draw attention to this issue. And the issue is medical marijuana. Ballot Measure 2 is a way to make medical marijuana real … most patients didn’t know the state didn’t set up the framework to get patients their medicine. … If I offended anyone, I apologize, but I’m not sorry for the choice that I made.”

https://www.facebook.com/gocharlogreene

Edited by grassmatch

This aint about real bombs mezz, don't be stupid. Using your dumb logic we shouldn't be concerned about people jailed here for cannabis because we should put our concern towards people held hostage in Syria or at Gitmo. Whether bombs are killing children in other countries has nuttin to do with whether we should have some class and a sense of decency on primetime network tv.

Hi.  Nice to meet you.  I don't think it is stupid to put things in perspective.  I also don't think your analogy is logical so it is funny you say my logic is dumb.  The point is an "F-bomb" doesn't actually hurt anyone so objections to it are frivolous.  Obviously going to jail for Cannabis does hurt - a lot.    

Mezz whether it hurts any1 is your opinion. Some of us don't like our kids exposed to the uncivilized at a young impressionable age.

Grass, reports say she was already fired before her stunt. On the Today show they said she was fired and that was to be her last broadcast. So she wasn't being as brave as you would suggest. One thing is for sure though, she won't likely get a job at any other station now. Not the smartest move.

Something tells me that those tweaked by her words are probably even more tweaked by her running a medical marijuana store. I am not sure she can please this group of people, nor that she desires to do so.

Clearly , what's apparent to me , she don't give a flyin' fornicate . Bravo ! If there were less people upset by a single WORD than about being lied to for the past 80 years or so . . . 

My kids ain't on this site Zapata bro. So, yeah, word filters don't matter. That's the point bro. If parents know there is colorful language on a particular site then they can not allow their kids there. Can prevent the expose to the language when some classless selfish fool spouts it out on a program that is supposed to be free from that stuff.

Yo KB, you act like we have to accept one of the 2. Either being lied to or a broadcaster making a fool of herself over the air. Maybe your mind makes choose one or the other but I don't have to accept either.