Subcools Super Soil

budpuffer

I've 'bombed' a sealed room with C02 by releasing an entire 20# tank.  It didn't do anything to the bugs.

I have no experience with CO2 and eliminating bugs. Maybe it didn't work for you because you didn't have enough fans blowing the air around?

In my little 11' x 12' room I have thousands of cfm of air moving around.

Back in 09' when I got spidermites from accepting a clone, I finally killed the spidermites with Hot Shotz (no plants were flowering). I was not able to eliminate them until I started adding fans and increasing the air movement. It took about 8 Hot Shotz in that little room to kill those b astards!

Spidermites send chills and fear down my spine! Don't ever want to go through that again!

Since then, I only grow from seed and take my own cuttings.

I found the M3 locally for $26 a bag.  I do not have the space nor the inclination at this time to mix my own soil.

I have thus far had epic fails in my attempt to grow with pro mix + amendments both chem and organic.

I am hoping the M3 will help me get to harvest this time :)

$26, wow that's cheap. I've run about 10 different strain with M3 and they've all seem to love it. Good luck.

Since CO2 is heavier than air it would seem possible that a very high concentration of it could displace the O2 in room.   Fans would need to be turned off.   It would not eliminate the O2, just move it. 

The gas released from the Hot Shotz is heavier than air too, drops just like CO2. I am not referring to exhaust fans I am referring to air circulation. Without the fans running, there will be pockets of oxygen all over, especially in dense plants. With fans blowing it around whether it is CO2 or Hot Shotz there won't be anyplace for the bugs to hide. It will keep the entire room saturated. Again, no exhausting, only circulation.

i've used safer's soap before as a preventive measure,,usually at 6 weeks,just before i switch to 12/12...and then a hot shot in the room durning flowering...some might say not to use anything until you have a problem,but with those two steps you can keep your grow room pretty bug free..or at least its worked for me in the past....i also know that there are a hundred people who have a hundred different ways to attack bugs in the garden...and they all have a reason they do it their way...lol,,peace people...,bp