Anyone Vaporized Individual Terpenes?

trichcycler

I think I got one of those doohickey's around here somwhere's. :hair:can you kindly direct me to the "type" you would suggest?

Most of the time it's best to build a custom unit from lab glassware and equipment. There are a few bench top units available that may be adapted to this practice. Obviously they aren't cheap. I would by German if I were in the market.

I'm not here to tell you that you are doing it wrong either. Just wondering what difference 'you like' to make you want to heat it over 220 F?

I don't regularly sample oil myself, I base my times and temps off of process observation and the graph posted earlier. I've also read that rapid decarboxylation doesn't happen until 225, so speed is also a consideration.

got it!is the idea to be able to "bleed" off individual terpenes this way, up the column according to their vaporization temperatures?thanks for the info, you're alright

Yes, in a nutshell. Very controlled temps of both the vaporizing source and the condensing media is critical. Minimizing vapor exposure to oxygen is also critical to prevent oxidation. A nitrogen purged unit may work, as may a vacuum system.

Cheers.

vacuum, rotational evaporator, liquid cooled condenser, digi heat control.  Are they quantified by their vaporized temps in the lab ? like "here's what came out @ 158f" so it must be "X"

besides the internet swipes do you have a verified chart(even a swiped one) with those exact temps displayed. I play with the ones online but they often differ for some reason. The amounts harvested at one time are miniscule, what kind of scale is used to "quantify" these small amounts?  darn, can I work in the lab on an internship or something?  I'll bring the broom...