Cannabutter Storage Question

Great Question.

thank you for asking it..

first and foremost..... with all the problems happening in real time in Michigan...

Label your cannabutter as dangerous for minors or Lock it up.

do not leave it accessible to people who are not allowed to use it legally.

PLEASE

those people who let their children/household have access to their cannabis medication need to be hung by their entrails and left to fend for themselves.

am i being to direct?

i have this opinion because i have repeatedly witnessed Humans not "standing tall" and "claiming their personal responsibilities" when it comes to their typical Cannabis

history.

folks...

Please... i beg you.. over and over again... protect your cannabis medication from YOUR OWN CHILDREN.

it is not MY responsibility to protect YOUR children from Our Most Amazing Cannabis plant...until they are adults and can make up their own mind.

KEEP YOUR MEDICATION UNDER LOCK AND KEY.

your cannabutter can be frozen for several months if you package it properly.. and can remain as discreet as your household would be able to tolerate based on contact interests...

this thread causes me flashbacks...

my apologies if i sound distracted... this subject reminds me of so many arguments from the past...

or leave some leaves in the mix...

I wouldn't bet the farm on that approach unless there is clearly more leaf than butter. If the bulk of the mixture was leaf with a little butter in it then it's a preparation of leaves (protected).

If not then I'm afraid it would be considered an extraction with contaminants in it (not protected).

For instance, I found out recently that my interpretation is shared by Ken Stecker of PAAM, and is much more reasonable than the "concentrates and medibles are all illegal" interpretation.

What is your interpretation? I'm certain any reasonable person would disagree with the COA, but I wouldn't want to risk my freedom by thinking the criminal justice system is going to be reasonable.

Great Question.

thank you for asking it..

first and foremost..... with all the problems happening in real time in Michigan...

Label your cannabutter as dangerous for minors or Lock it up.

do not leave it accessible to people who are not allowed to use it legally.

PLEASE

those people who let their children/household have access to their cannabis medication need to be hung by their entrails and left to fend for themselves.

am i being to direct?

i have this opinion because i have repeatedly witnessed Humans not "standing tall" and "claiming their personal responsibilities" when it comes to their typical Cannabis

history.

folks...

Please... i beg you.. over and over again... protect your cannabis medication from YOUR OWN CHILDREN.

it is not MY responsibility to protect YOUR children from Our Most Amazing Cannabis plant...until they are adults and can make up their own mind.

KEEP YOUR MEDICATION UNDER LOCK AND KEY.

your cannabutter can be frozen for several months if you package it properly.. and can remain as discreet as your household would be able to tolerate based on contact interests...

this thread causes me flashbacks...

my apologies if i sound distracted... this subject reminds me of so many arguments from the past...

Thank you mibrains. I appreciate the safety reminders. Your advice is well-taken.

Since thousands of patients across the state have oil on hand I'm sure we will get some further definition of our rights soon. It seems like the best way to go right now is to have some oil on hand and make your edibles with that and eat them up as quick as you make them. Or just eat the oil in a gel cap which should be the same effects as a cookie/candy type thing. 

So if I made oil and infused it into coconut oil and filled gel caps which weighed a gram each(capsule, coconut oil and cannaoil), I would just count them as a gram each towards my weight?  I've actually not used oil and used kief instead since you could then see "cannabis plant material" under a dissecting scope and counted each capsule as a gram each against my weight.  I wanted there to be shake material in there if they tried the other ruling. 

So would either be acceptable as long as you count the whole weight, capsule and all?  The second, with actual plant material seems to be more "covered"?

So if I made oil and infused it into coconut oil and filled gel caps which weighed a gram each(capsule, coconut oil and cannaoil), I would just count them as a gram each towards my weight?  I've actually not used oil and used kief instead since you could then see "cannabis plant material" under a dissecting scope and counted each capsule as a gram each against my weight.  I wanted there to be shake material in there if they tried the other ruling. 

So would either be acceptable as long as you count the whole weight, capsule and all?  The second, with actual plant material seems to be more "covered"?

Why would you infuse it into coconut oil? That would just mess it up. Just keep the oil as pure as possible then you can have more and it's better that way anyway. 

consuming the oil with lipids and other oils/fats will go along way towards comfortable digestion and absorption for some people.

Then eat some type of oil with it. Don't complicate and make things illegal, just think. There's no reason to add the oil to the gel cap.

Edited by Restorium2

Doesn't the COA Carruthers decision state that becasue the PHC identifies "resin" distinctly from other parts of the plant and because the MMMA does not, that resin is not protected?

From Page 5 of the opinion:

By contrast, however, the definition of “usable marihuana” under the MMA does not include “all parts” of the cannabis plant. More to the point, it specifically does not include “the resin extracted from” the cannabis plant. Nor does it include “the resin extracted” from mature stalks of the plant.

Not sayin' I agree with it, but it deserves some discussion as this would currently be the "law of the land."

Edited by Highlander

That's the line that has worried me. If that's the case then oil or infused butter would not be protected under the law.

Yeah me too.  I think the COA flubbed it.  A "preparation thereof" means a preparation of leaves and flowers.  I don't see how a reasonable mind would conclude that oil is not a preparation of leaves and flowers.  Nonetheless, this is the crap we need to deal with until/if the SC reviews it with a more clear-headed approach.  It appears that the COA says that resin isn't protected.