Incognito Low Odor- Greenthumb

Dr Gruber

Hello MMMA,

I'm nearly done with this grow but I thought I would post it here anyway in case people are interested.

Its at day 49 today and the smell remains minimal. I have to put my nose right in a bud to smell anything and its just now starting to smell like MJ.

So far, i would say this is a great plant for those looking for a stealth grow but lets wait to the end to make sure.

This plant was grown in Promix soil using Jacks Classic nutes, under 1800 watts of light. It stands about 6.5 feet tall and looks like I will be pulling over a pound when all is said and done.

Some Pics....

Dr Sharpe standing next to plant at 42 days...

boi2etq4gzxt38fzx6r.jpg

Bud shots at 42 days..

cd56z1ez8htqq00q.jpg

1ygzwu8kxvdp528e42.jpg

i8uxjf2sni8zw0n2qoa.jpg

Top of plant at 35 days...

koi9nu4a8nda3hab3o6b.jpg

I will post up earlier pics if anyone is interested and i will keep updating it as well.

Harvest will start at 65 days and i will cut small amounts every few days with larger amounts coming at 70-75-80-85 days. That way i can keep my patients and myself stocked with out going over my "usable" limit, and get a maximum yield from the plant. After its dried and cured I will get a lab test for potency and do a smoke report.

Nice work!  Does your lab quantify terpene profiles? I'd pay  to know the names of the undetectable ones. These types of genetics are

being bred more than we know. Seems there is a real need for this type of expression, and that's the biggest indoor one I've seen, so I think after your smoke report you may have a winner !!

Wow man that looks incredible good job brother! :goodjob:

Nice work!  Does your lab quantify terpene profiles? I'd pay  to know the names of the undetectable ones. These types of genetics are

being bred more than we know. Seems there is a real need for this type of expression, and that's the biggest indoor one I've seen, so I think after your smoke report you may have a winner !!

Thanks Peeps!

The lab does do terpene testing but i hadn't planned on doing one. But, i will consider it now that you have shown interest.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SMOKE REPORT— 

Dr Greenthumb- Incognito Low Odor

Final Weight--- 

Plant 1—21.46 Oz's

No other plants grown.

INFO-

Tester Name: 

Dr Gruber, assisted by Dr Sharpe and friends.

Strain: 

Incognito

Parents unknown

Breeder: 

Dr Greenthumb

Grower:

Dr Gruber

Method Smoked:

Joints, glass pipes.

(Dr Gruber’s Personal Favorite-Joints)

(Dr Sharpe’s favorite- glass pipe)

Soil/Hydro:

Promix Potting Soil-(Drain to Waste)

Flower Time:

55-65 days-(see grow comments)

Grow Comments- 

Not finicky at all. Big fat buds.

Little to no smell during the grow.  The smell that does come out is more like a fresh carved pumpkin than an MJ plant. Only in the last two weeks or so did it start to smell like MJ and you had to put your nose right in the bud to smell it. 

At harvest, it starts to stink and there is no mistaking that it is MJ as it will stink your house up if you don't have some filtration on it during drying.  But, thats only about 5-10 days versus and entire grow cycle(3-4 months). 

So, if you plan well for harvest/drying, this plant is easily managed as far as smell is concerned. I actually took it out of my normal drying room that is carbon filtered and let it go so I could have a good test. The furnace picked it up and spread it everywhere but with a little ONA spray it was solved. If you keep it in a filtered room for drying , you would never know you had marijuana in your house/building.

Growing only one plant has several advantages but also it has it's disadvantages as well. The major advantage is only having to dial in one plant vs 4 or 5 that are all have slightly different needs. But, the disadvantage is not getting selection to find the plant closest to the breeders intentions. This particular plant was easy to grow and had nice large buds even at the lowest parts of the plant. They weren't super dense but not exactly fluffy either and they were coated in crystals. The potency and taste were way above average but It's quite possible I could have found an even better representation. It lived up to the billing as far as low odor and potency, but the taste was a bit different then expected. (see "Taste" below)

I made one key mistake on this one. For some reason I thought Doc listed this one as 65-75 days but he actually has it as 55-65 and so i probably missed the best harvest window. If i would have taken it at 55 I would probably have had higher test numbers. having said that, its still quite high.

Smell-

Floral/Piney

Associated smells of bud

Menthol

TASTE- 

For having so little smell i'm surprised how much taste it has.

Floral with a mild Chemdawg like base. 

Doc lists this strain as having a lemon flavor but this plant didn't have that taste.  It does have a general sweetness to it, but its not a fruity sweetness. I'm sure if i had grown out another one or two of these I would get that lemon flavor he describes. 

Not as strong as Chemdawg but it still has really nice flavor. It reminded me of buds I used to get every Christmas when i was a kid. I never knew what strains they were but they would come around every Christmas, so it is quite fitting that i grew it at this time of year. 

Dominant flavor: 

Floral

Associated flavors:

Pine/ Sweet /Coffee/

Flavor Intensity-(Sour Diesel or Bubba Kush would be a 9 or 10.)

Harsh/smoothness: (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth) --

Cough factor? : Yes/no ---

no 

I cough a lot but this one is pretty smooth.

BUZZ Profile—

It has a bit of both worlds. Motivational for a while and relaxing afterwards. 

Potency: (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent) 

8-9

Duration: (length of buzz, from first hit) 

2 hours

Overall  Plant Rating-(yield+taste+potency+etc)

Use: Daytime/Bedtime –

Both

Munchies: Yes/no----Yes

yes

Comments-

A really good plant even if you don't need stealth. Easy to grow, huge yield potential, with good taste and potency. Throw in that you can hardly smell a thing and it pushes this one up to "great" status.

As I said before the grow, i didn't really need a stealth plant but wanted to give it a go anyway because of its lemon taste. I didn't get that taste from this one plant, so it won't crack my admittedly tough line up of keeper plants. 

However, its  defiantly worth me cracking more seeds in the future to see if i can find that lemon taste, because even if I don't, I will still end up with a lot of high quality buds. And, if i do, I will have my first truly lemon flavored plant and it will crack my line up.

-----------------------------------------------------

CHEMICAL ASTRINGENT-

Turpentine () 

Metallic () 

Ammonia ( ) - urine () - vinegar ( ) 

Bleach () 

Lotions () - plastics ( ) - glues ( ) 

Fuel () 

Rubber ()

Eucalyptus () 

SWEET-

fruity () - berry () - black/blue/raspberry () citrus () - orange () - lemon ( ) - lime () - apple () - mango () - grape () - cherry () - tutti fruity ()

floral (x) - perfume () - blossom ()

minty () - menthol (x) - spearmint () - peppermint () Caramel () Pineapple () Sugar (x)

SPICY-

woody ( ) - incense () - hardwood ( ) - sage ( ) - juniper ( ) - cedar () - pine (x)

basil ( ) - garlic ( ) - dill ( ) - clove () - parsley () - pepper ()

tobacco () - chocolate () Moldy () Coffee() Lavender Spice ()

MUSKY-

earthy () - loam () - dirt () - musty () - dusty () – Alberta spruce ()

animal () — bird () — rodent () — gamey () — sweet skunk () Skunk ( )

botanical () — hay () — autumn leaves ( ) — trees () Sour () Tangy () Manure ()

Final Comment-

Not sure about other stealth plants on the market but this one has huge yield and good potency. Worth a run for everyone!

Medical qualities: 

Insomnia

Pain

Appetite

dsgs32v5euszv36anbd3.jpg

I would love to see full plant pic of a 21.46 ounce plant?

I will see what i have and post them up but in the meantime take a look above for the picture with my buddy Dr Sharpe standing next to it. He is 6 feet tall on the nose and the plant is on the floor. Its only at 42 days but it should give you an idea of what it looked like at 65.

And, i will also post some pictures of my Chem X G13 that produced 31.5 oz's.

dr gruber:  drain to waste like your 2 lb chemdawg?  I note that your pics of your grows never show the soil and any dripper/ feed set-up.  You hand water?

Yes...drain to waste and i do hand water. Its kind of a pain but I havent figured out any better way just yet. I always struggle to get the whole plant in the picture and actually get a nice photo, especially when they are this large.

I would agree, taste is awesome, really helps with back pain while no couch lock for me. Its my current new favorite, but variety is the spice of life and I still haven't tried all available strains yet!! Ha ha ha. Great job here Doc G!!

Peace...

By the way...wait to you try whats next. mmmmmmm...mmmmmmm.....good!

Edited by Dr Gruber

Her are a few more pics ...hopefully they give an idea of the size.

The small one is an Og Kush on a table. As you can see the Incognito is huge in comparison.

r9dj3ics9uexvfy9hc4.jpg

xa5zqpdysc1vgtdzel9.jpg

4aievjlmd87vky5sxm9.jpg

My attempt to put two pics together to show the whole plant...not perfect but.....

krtqyau2iy6si8umixx3.jpg

58iqj9l1uydocfh4ha.jpg

Edited by Dr Gruber

Pot size looks 20? gallon.  And very heavvvvvy on perlite, like 50%? 

Its a 10 gallon pot filled with promix. The perlite just seems to settle on the top after a while. Im not sure of the percentage promix uses but i would guess its not 50%

on the basis of your two grows, chem and incognito, is it fair to conclude that incognito is a relative light yielder?

That would not be my conclusion. There are a few differences in the Chem G13 grow compared to this grow. For instance, the bulbs were brand new and I had less plants in the room.

In my world , any plant thats producing over a pound is not a light yielder. You must be really growing em big.lol

promix bx or hp?  hp has more perlite than the bx...and was the pot size 10 gallon also for your chem grow?  thanks for your patience.

No problem.

HP, although i have used the BX before.   Not the straight Chem but the Chem XG13 was in a 10 gallon.  I actually pulled a 1/2 pound from the straight Chem in a 3.5 gallon pot.

"reminds me of the buds i used to get at christmas as a kid."

well  i can see that my neighborhood wasn't serviced by the same santa. 

lol!

It was the only good weed that came around all year back then....when i moved out west we still had special buds for Christmas but we also had top notch stuff all year round.

Edited by Dr Gruber