Tnt Running Out Of Money! Oh No!

t-pain

http://www.9and10news.com/story/27453580/tnt-looking-for-new-funding-avenues?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=10878540

theres a video interview too.

As times change, it's becoming harder for the Traverse Narcotics Team to pay for what they do.

TNT is a drug team that covers eight counties including Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Leelanau, Missaukee, Osceola, and Wexford.

Missaukee County Sheriff Jim Bosscher is the chairman of TNT and says they're taking a close look at their budget to see what options they have.

According to Bosscher, their two main sources of revenue are drying up, including forfeitures and grant money.

He says grant money is getting diverted to treatment instead of enforcement. And the legalization of marijuana has cutback their caseload and possible forfeitures. The popularity of meth and heroin has also been an issue because typically little to nothing is forfeited and if it is it's contaminated.

Bosscher says right now they have less than $100,000 to operate.

He's asking for the public's support as they look to each county they cover to step up and keep the team running.

9&10's Breelynn Martin and Photojournalist Jeff Blakeman spoke with the sheriff about their finances.

Edited by t-pain

"And the legalization of marijuana has cutback their caseload and possible forfeitures. "

Well guess they better lay off some of them pigs, quit the party's they throw, and and give back the drug dog :)   I would not give them the sweat off my balls.. Good riddance to bad rubbish..!! 

I have been telling people for years you can locally defund up to 50% of the operating budgets of the drug task forces just by voting for your local city council and telling them that our local police are paid well to do their job and enforce the laws, there is no need to spend this extra money and no police officer/chief would ever say they are incapable of doing their own jobs when confronted on it.

" Chief xxxxx, are you saying you and your officers are incapable of adequately enforcing the laws in our community?"

:-)

When the economy downturned, we managed to get a couple cities to stop funding the task force in the U.P..  The task forces are currently trolling your local city and county boards for funding.  Be aware and tell them we do not need to spend taxpayer dollars on a service already being performed by our local police officers; or wtvr other talking point you wish. ;-)  Use the money to avoid a tax hike, or to fix that road on the other side of town that has been a mess forever,... or etc etc.

It is easy to cut spending on something we do not need.

be aware locally. city/county funding. 

O yea,... and support bills like this one in the Michigan Legislature:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2013-2014/billintroduced/House/pdf/2014-HIB-5212.pdf

It is a totally dead bill,... but forfeiture laws need to be castrated, and more people need to support this type of legislation.

This will be one of those chip away it one thing at a time solutions. But ,.. gotta start somewhere.  Remember,... the republicans by about a 95% margin support the current forfeiture laws.  We need to get that to around 65% to have a chance at changing it with Dem votes( 1/3+ dems suck too)

What really pisses me off about this is they don't even pretend like their helping people. He didnt once mention the good they do. He spoke about the money going to treatment, like its a bad thing. I thought they wanted to win the war on drugs, and help people, not perpetuate it, to keep their shop open.

It's telling when the first thing he says is we're still in BUSINESS, and we're going to stay, in BUSINESS.

What REALLY fries my eggs is when I get the calls from the FOP or other Union Cop Organizations asking for PENSION money. REALLY? Because my Husband doesn't have a pension.........................Go blow,you wanted to be a cop,live with it. Worried all the perks will be taken away? Tough poop. Live like the rest of us. I would never even be friends with a cop. They have NEVER helped us,even when we got robbed. And our township voted Macomb Co Sheriffs  raises and hire 2 more.. Yeah,to go with those nice purty new cars they got. Raised our property taxes a 100 bucks more a year. FOR WHAT? Who are you protecting? Us gun owners? No thanks. We do fine on our own. And we all know that when you are ordered to ,YOU WILL TURN ON US CITIZENS.

What REALLY fries my eggs is when I get the calls from the FOP or other Union Cop Organizations asking for PENSION money. REALLY? Because my Husband doesn't have a pension.........................Go blow,you wanted to be a cop,live with it. Worried all the perks will be taken away? Tough poop. Live like the rest of us. I would never even be friends with a cop. They have NEVER helped us,even when we got robbed. And our township voted Macomb Co Sheriffs  raises and hire 2 more.. Yeah,to go with those nice purty new cars they got. Raised our property taxes a 100 bucks more a year. FOR WHAT? Who are you protecting? Us gun owners? No thanks. We do fine on our own. And we all know that when you are ordered to ,YOU WILL TURN ON US CITIZENS.

i have had friends that were LEO.

i have friends that are LEO.

its all about a persons perspective... how they approach life.

there is good and bad in everyone...

MORE LIKES,ZAP!

free unlimited likes and shares to all members.....

and while we are at it... can we get a tally system?

when i log into facebook it shows me how many likes and shares i have since my last log on... i do not have to reread all my threads to see if anyone is interested...

it kinda makes me feel appreciated.. i literally see how many people are interested in the same things i am.

lets get updated please?  :)

I agree. The problem is that most people actually believe that their job is to help and protect them. That may have been more strictly true in the past but it certainly isn't today. They may help you by unlocking your car when your keys are inside, but that's not really their job.

They really can't protect you in most instances because once they're informed of the crime the damage has already been done. All they can do is try to catch the criminal. (Low percentage on that unless caught in the act.)

Most of them that I have known are regular, albeit uptight, guys. They're just doing their job.

Which is to find victims for the vampires in the judicial system to feed on.

Most of them that I have known are regular, albeit uptight, guys. They're just doing their job.

Which is to find victims for the vampires in the judicial system to feed on.

agreed.

blood suckers each and every one that thrives on the "system"...

some are just people trying to survive... like all of us..

its a matter of perspective.. i suppose..

to become LEO is to swear to protect man, woman and property... right?

if a LEO is whole.. they are not a threat.

if a LEO is lost in a hole... they are a primary threat..

there is peace in everyone.

there is hate in everyone.

choose your battle's wisely.

Peace.

oh

my bad...

when you said...

They may help you by unlocking your car when your keys are inside, but that's not really their job.

LOL

sorry.. the very last time i locked my keys in my vehicle i had to call my insurance company... who then called a service vehicle to be dispatched to the scene..

LEO will not help because they have to prove its your vehicle first... (the evidence is inside in the glove box of course) :)

They really can't protect you in most instances because once they're informed of the crime the damage has already been done. All they can do is try to catch the criminal. (Low percentage on that unless caught in the act.)

a lot of people dont really understand how police work in the real world.

maybe they've seen too many movies or tv shows?

if you get burgled, check the pawn shops and craigslist. because the police 99% of the time will not, unless its some rare/expensive high profile item.

if someone is threatening you with violence, dont hide in the closet. run for it! sure call the cops while running, but they are easily 5-10 minutes away. which is plenty of time for that violence to occur.

Sorry man, but your choosing poorly with those friends,, they will bite you in the donkey, there like rattlesnakes for a pet.. they will bite you!!! 

a lot of people dont really understand how police work in the real world.

maybe they've seen too many movies or tv shows?

if you get burgled, check the pawn shops and craigslist. because the police 99% of the time will not, unless its some rare/expensive high profile item.

if someone is threatening you with violence, dont hide in the closet. run for it! sure call the cops while running, but they are easily 5-10 minutes away. which is plenty of time for that violence to occur.

RUN? If you run for the closet,that means someone is in your home,SHOOT THE PUNK BEFORE HE KILLS YOU!