Was Your Primary Physician Able To Certify You For Mj ?

trichcycler

Mine could not.

I understand pain docs typically will not allow mj use along with narcotics rx's ?

I see lists here of certification docs. Being able to talk with my primary doc about mj would be convenient but he's asked me to refrain. I wish there was a list of primary docs working within a network that allows recommendations for mmj.

I

Mine could not.I understand pain docs typically will not allow mj use along with narcotics rx's ?I see lists here of certification docs. Being able to talk with my primary doc about mj would be convenient but he's asked me to refrain. I wish there was a list of primary docs working within a network that allows recommendations for mmj.

I'm fortunate that my PCP is part of a family practice where multiple docs within the practice are supporting the use of MMJ. My doctor has commented to me that her colleagues are seeing "great results".

If you are interested PM me and I'll share the practice contact info, etc.

Wayne State University Physicians Group,the clinic I have to go to,they are not allowed to sign MMJ certs. Even though that is where my PCP Dr.(resident) is. I figured what the heck,I'm asking. Don't care if they know I am a pt or not. They can ignore it like they do everything else. Not going to be afraid and pushed around anymore, not able to take pain meds anyways, I have nothing to lose. Why can they refuse to treat or sign the form,and can they do this legally? So if I went in there with TB or smallpox,they could refuse to treat me? Even my daughters Hemo-Onc Dr. does not know CRAP about MMJ. But always a full house in the infusion room. The battle will start when he decides what kind of chemo. I can't find a lot on MMJ or the oil on blood cancers,mostly just tumors. And NOTHING on the Lymphoma-Leukemia national site. She may just decide to do nothing,it is her choice.

my primary is mj friendly but his "boss" isn't. Groups like St Johns doesn't allow their physicians to rec mj evidently.  

I wonder if anyone knows of a "Group" that does not prohibit mj rec's? For example in Port Huron there are two hospitals, and dozens of hospital "group" owned area clinics who employ docs from their own practice and others full time.

my primary is mj friendly but his "boss" isn't. Groups like St Johns doesn't allow their physicians to rec mj evidently.  

I wonder if anyone knows of a "Group" that does not prohibit mj rec's? For example in Port Huron there are two hospitals, and dozens of hospital "group" owned area clinics who employ docs from their own practice and others full time.

Them are called sattelites and they are part of the hospital whether its st. johns. fords, or st. mary's if they have an office or on staff they cant write certs or renews!

Peace

yep, the majority of docs in my area are affiliated with one of these groups, leaving few options for people suffering. For instance I have to drive near 200 miles to see my certification doctor. If there was  a cert doc with an office closer I wish I would have found him. after talking with others I guessed this was commonplace, until zap said no in his area.  Living in the boonies has ups and downs.

Zap,you need to check your privacy facts. I was there today and asked if the Drs in the group sign MJ certs if their pt meets the State criteria. They said, "No,not at this time." That was at the front desk. Then I went from the big waiting room to the little waiting room,and asked the resident treating me. He said,"No,we are not allowed to sign medical MJ forms,OR RX IT". RX it? He has NEVER even seen the form or any of the paperwork needed,and thinks the Dr writes you a prescription for MMJ.This is what is coming out of medical schools. Not to HELP people,but to hinder them from getting help.

No,that isn't what I meant.  I was just telling you what happened today when I finally got the nerve to come right out and ask the head Dr of the Physicians Group that I have to go to. I did ask him why,but all I got was,"it is not our policy to certify MMJ pts". It was the resident that thought Drs give MMJ pts a prescription for it. He didn't even KNOW and had to go ask. To let you know this was a real fact and not something false. That's all. Just my own experience today,12-18-2014.  I found out by talking to them,like you mentioned.