New Caregiver

Billy74

I don't "guarantee" anything free as there is no "patient's plant harvest".  I have a bunch of strains running and give 2 gram samples of anything new to each patient and if the garden is going well I give about a gram of hash/kief and caps to my patients per ounce purchased and other presents.  Mine's under priced at $200/oz. :)  It all depends on the quality what you should charge.

That's too much

If I were you I would tell them that you will grow for a set price per ounce two plants in my garden is about 8-10 ounces they are only allowed by law to posses 2.5 ounces at any time so going that route you are both breaking the law the average donation price that Ive seen is $200 per ounce of medicine .

That's too much

If I were you I would tell them that you will grow for a set price per ounce two plants in my garden is about 8-10 ounces they are only allowed by law to posses 2.5 ounces at any time so going that route you are both breaking the law the average donation price that Ive seen is $200 per ounce of medicine .

Do you do any freebies along with the 200 per ounce

fair prices above I think. All my deliveries are padded. patients always pre request needed amounts a week ahead of time from a menu. They set a delivery. If I sense financial issue, or a holiday is near, or one needs cheering up I've been known to gift. other than a quantity break I have no "deals" It could take a new grower months and months to bring a viable plant to proper finish. Make sure your patient understands this wait time. good luck

And just HOW is a pt,that paid 200 bucks to a Dr to certify them,another 100 to the State,giving the grower the right to grow 12 plants and asking for only two of those plants taking advantage of you?

What are they paying for the actual plants being grown? The grower gets zip from those fees but they get to provide space, fertilizers , growing mediums, etc not to mention their time. Its a free to do it thing but what does the grower get from the patient. Seems like a one way deal.

And just HOW is a pt,that paid 200 bucks to a Dr to certify them,another 100 to the State,giving the grower the right to grow 12 plants and asking for only two of those plants taking advantage of you?

My plant count far exceeds my patients needs less than 30 for four patients

What do I get for the two plants?

what good would growing 12 plants do for a patient only wanting 2 of them? cg cant sell them to anyone else, or even get caught growing the other 10.

If those two plants didn't need extra space, extra electricity, dehumidifier, air conditioner, no felony record, home ownership, genetics, stink socks, fans, nutrients , and time to tend, then maybe everyone would be growing their own two free plants I would think. Some can grow, some cannot. Some pay others to do it for them legally, some pay others to break the law for them.

Using this same train of thought how can I give my patient two entire plants that yield more than 3 ounces per plant that equals 6 ounces?

That's breaking the weight limit and the law also growing plants costs the patient zero unless they purchased the genetics for their grower to grow for them why should the patient be entitled to anything just because the state allows me to grow for them ?

Then why do you do it,if it is such a heavy burden?

I'm glad you asked jointedone.

Lets clarify first; Growing quality cannabis is a burden for those who cannot do it for themselves(obviously?) . If the task was not burdensome for them I 'd suppose they wouldn't need me? The burden is described by non growers typically, I just wanted to refresh the necessities of production.

The only burden I bare is patient management when I don't properly interview a prospect before registering.  The remainder of the service is a pleasure for me.

I was blessed with those equipment needs I mentioned earlier, before I grew marijuana. I was capable of doing the labor, and retired so could afford the time also. My tissue culture business flourished from the same spaces. I already maintained an indoor growing space, and thousands of cultured varieties of flowers and house plants sold to the nursery industry. I wanted to "own" and sample EVERY cannabis strain I could get my hands on. I started with the cannabis cup winners from every contest I could locate around the world. Some I just seed cultured for storage, others I smoked. My personal relief was unexpected, and the differences between schwag of yesteryear and the miracle buds of today cinched my thoughts on the matter.

I got good at growing, and better at interviewing patients, and filled my room, because I could. The strain diversity I keep is unmatched now and my patients gladly help pay for my service. The electric bill is expensive, and the controls need replacing periodically. New genetics are always being churned to the masses and can be costly, and my rooms splash a high times cover vibe every time I enter. None of which would be possible without great patients. They in turn are privy to hundreds of exquisitely cultivated cannabis varieties produced by a serious grower with clear focus, making the arrangement a win/win for both parties.

Truth be told, I'd rather not ever deliver a bud, but instead focus on medical extractions for the sick. But I have to wait for the prehistoric law makers to concede. I never did force a patient to register with me, I always run a strict interview process that scares most away. Seems only the "over 50" patients understand my position curiously, so I avoid the "youngins".

I wear my garden ideals on my wrist for all to see, and the "right" patients make contact with me.

Reasons I serve patients;

Increase genetic choices

so I can tissue culture vast amounts of strains for my library

Meet like minded people

To help pay for my project goals

To accept my "overages"

the moment I witnessed a life change in a depressed stroke victim patient of mine,

and the peaceful passing cannabis was able to offer to some Hospice Care patients,

I saw the light.

I'm guessing some mature growers here share a similar experience. I hope this clears up your question to me.

peace

One grower answers my question,when I ask WHY he grows. The rest just get all huffy,but don't answer. The difference is easy to see. The quality and the CG is worth it. I pay more than most of you charge. Maybe if  other CGs that can't seem to keep pts should stop making them feel like they are stealing something from you.  Pts read these forums too,and see how you really feel about them. They come here to find CGs. They can see whose classified ads stay up forever and whose don't. People SHOULD grow for themselves,but many physically cannot. And they are made fun of,called lazy,you JUDGE them when you have no right to. Do you think people enjoy being physically handicapped or unable to have a normal life? I'm sure most people would rather grow for themselves than have some rank man stranger in their home that could be checking out your home for other things. Would you want your wife or daughter to do that?   Man. For being liberal types,a lot of you are pretty judgemental,the very same thing you accuse anybody who doesn't agree you of. Thanks for the explanation Frog. At least you have the guts to man up and let people know your intentions as a CG. Although you are kinda creepy about your stealth,you may be an okay guy,who knows.

I was a pt first, I signed a c.g, we all know him, I in no way will calll him out in open forum but some do know who he is, I realy didnt need a cg, but I was a lil mislead by a person I trusted who told me to get an mm cert while I was doing impact weekend for drunk driving, in fact both of the conslers their told me to get certed, now im being punished for drunk driving, they say I can bring my meds, when these 2 see what meds im on the were on me like fly's on poop to quit the meds and get on mm, I told them both I do use mj every day accept these 2 days I have to be here lol!  I was given this sites url and told to come in here and find out how to get registered and If I couldnt I got one of the phone numbers of the conselors so he could help me if need be,

I was already involved in a long time grow, it was down state and I would either go all the way down or one of my partners would meet me to give me my share, I built the room and started all. after I became legal they all cut me off and didnt want anything to do with me, they are all stiill under ground!

My first c.g robbed me like the thief he is, he thought I was born yesterday, I wound up getting my deposit back and a whole lot of phone calls for me to pay him for the oz I wound up having to go get from his empty home hidden on his property, real close to his ilegal lake front grow he got popped for!

when I picked up that jar he called and asked how much of it I want, it was an oz, I said all of it! wtf!!!  I actualy let him talk me into bringing a 1/4 to another pt of his that I have never met, (against my better judgement I did it) after doing that My deposit was all back in my hands, he wanted me to pay for it, I had gave him a deposit and told him he owed me 25 bucks I dont owe him nothing, he called and called and called telling me he was stuck in ypsy and needed the cash to get home, he took my cash and went down state and started helpping people open the first despenses, he wound up pissing alot of them off and wound up in a motel room trying to run his own despense!

needless to say I quit him, and no I didnt send him nothing saying I wasnt his pt any longer, he is a thief and I dont care, he wasnt growing any how he didnt know how to!

Than I meet a guy who is one of my friends c.g, I wind up talking to him, he realy didnt want to be my c.g,,,,,that was back when people thought p2p was legal and cg to any p and despenses were legal, I never beleived they were legal!

I get him to sign me, he offers me a plant every other crop, which was about 1 plant every 3 wks, I was getting like 5 oz's from the plants, he did not want any money from me, I got every thing for free, I got all of his scraps and made oil and butter and gave him alot back to give to his other pt's,,,,,,,I was getting mine free for at least 2 yrs, than a few cases got thru the coa and sc and it made all despenses p2p an cg to any p ilegal, I kept trying to pay for my mm he was bringing me, he wouldnt take any money, finaly it caught up to him, I started giving him 200 an oz which for the quality was like stealing it to me, I was paying upto 350 for the same quality mj from other ilegal growers!

He is still my c.g, I am a pt/c.g with a c.g I had to shut my room down last yr, I havent had a grow going since last fall, I most def am going to get it back up and running but I will not quit my c.g, he is going to have to do that, I dont need more than my 1 pt's grow rights to take care of us both and prob a few more if I wanted to!

The days of free mm from your c.g are over, they have no where to go and recoup cash for all of their hard work, only a few will sell to ilegal despenses and we will one day read about them getting busted for doing what they used to do!

If it sounds to good to be true it is!

Merry Christmas!

Peace

Edited by phaquetoo

ZAP,I got mine here. But how would you know that "some patient has selected every single caregiver currently in the program"................? Everything communication was by PM........curious. Oh and I pay for everything I get,more than most charge. It is worth it to have a truly honest,trustworthy and generous person to count on. His parents did a great job raising a good man. I am blessed to have him and thankful for it.

Edited by jointedone

Everybody chose who their cg and patients are, and the state certified it.

I tell non user family members, when I feel the need,  "the state chooses needy patients based on their disease and/or symptoms, for me to provide medical marijuana (and other) services to. The state screens criminal backgrounds, physicians' documentation for a small fee. We spend a little time comparing my patients' needs with my product and hopefully I can help them. Patients pay me for the services rendered and we both are able to discontinue our registration with each other at any time for any reason with no repercussions. I'm not allowed to provide these services to anyone but five maximum patients at one time" ....

this seems to give family/friends an alternate, more positive view of our program somehow, one that's different than what they previously were led to believe.

Hi, I am a patient and have been asked to become a caregiver, my question is what is a reasonable donations for meds, the patient was wanting 2 plants after harvest and then donation for anything needed after. what do caregivers usually do for their set up?

Most arrangements I know of are 200 oz with lots of perks.  :)

I for one grow to make sure that I have access to my medicine. I also grow so that a handful of lucky patients also get reliable access to good meds. My ad stays up all the time because I look for the best fit FOR ME AND THE PATIENT. My ad also stays up because I have turned patients into self growers. I do not feel the need to explain it as I know for a fact  you Jointedone know my intentions but decided to say it again so that others may know.

There are forums just like you describe. Some don't allow political discussions at all, some are only for cg's and patients to interact, and some have subsections dedicated to many of those areas. Most publish a "mission statement" with the site goals and ideals explained for a quick review before you join.

Some of the ones I've known of that are for cg/patients only are benign with little discussion of laws or even grow techniques and great places to seek a provider/patient.

Search terms like "caregiver, patient, MI, find"  "locate a MI caregiver/patient" should turn up a starting place.

I like the referral system except for the possible privacy issues. It would be nice for one satisfied patient to be able to "grade" a listed cg, and vice versa, grade a patient even. But you can surely see the problems with that sort of place?  

One issue;

I've encountered patient issues that have caused a replacement.   I don't have time to "teach" people common courtesies like calling when you cant make a meeting, or not to show up drunk etc. When an issue like this occurs(rarely) and I tell a patient I cant serve drunks,  I can imagine in an internet referral situation, the names of patients/avatars/caregivers would be changing often, negating the intent. Posters would be posting judgments and accusations, in fighting etc. Or privacy issues arise with unhappy patients/caregivers. Private messaging could be filled with warnings, some real some not. Identities are exposed, personal information disclosed, you get the idea.

With that said there are solid sites just like you mentioned, I hope you can find one when needed.