The Agony Of Defeat - What Now?

painterdan

The current definition obviously includes oil and other preparations of leaf and flower, are we ignoring that just because the COA has comprehension issues?

We do have a very clean case right now with 0.5 grams of oil and zero disqualifying factors. They left his flower because he had a medical marijuana card, but said he couldn't have concentrates. He is being prosecuted for misdemeanor possession of marijuana in Livingston County District Court.

Is this case any closer to resolution?

its hard to find someone willing to fight in court for years...

got to have a lot of strength to do it.

carruthers is better off taking his sec8 and dismissing rather than appealing again.

hows requesting that other coa case be published going? its got a timelimit!

Edited by t-pain

Snap, I didn't even mention bulbs, at 180 or something a peace. That need to be replaced every 9 months.

Sounds like you are falling for grow store sales tactics, hook-line and sinker. 

I've used many different bulbs - hotilux, Ushio, etc. and  the off-brands like Plantmax and Ultralume (or something like that).  Early on, I bought into the idea of replacing bulbs every other grow.  Then I bought a light meter and found that the intensity of even a $50 bulb is the same as a $150 bulb..and  that intensity drops off after a couple of weeks by about 5-10% and then stabilizes before it fails a couple of years later.  I have some bulbs going on 3 years with no noticeable loss of quality or yield. 

In my DWC grow, I use about $40 of Ionic nutes per month - that's with weekly change-outs, and maybe another $10/month in pH down.  I used to use GH, but got tired of the mixing, so  I switched to a one-part Ionic product for a little more money but a lot more convenience.  Also, I like that Ionic is made in Michigan.  Running this nute regime the same in veg and flower, with a 2-week flush, my meds always keep my patients happy. 

About $300/month in electrical costs (lights, fans, filters, air pumps, dehumidifiers, etc.) is more than enough to supply myself and five patients with at least 2 oz per month each.  I could easily replicate my start-up costs for about $2,000, which includes two rooms, lights, buckets, fittings, hoses, pumps, ballasts, hoods, bulbs, fans, etc. 

I figure about $50/month for nutes/pH adjustment.  $300 for electricity.  $200/month for grow equipment allocated over a two-year period (although I'm going on six years with the same equipment), and $50/month (at most) for bulbs.

That's about $600/month for an easy 12 oz.  = approx $50 per ounce before labor.

If your grow costs you as much as you are saying, you are doing something very wrong.  Maybe start by not listening to what the grow stores tell you you need and instead, seek advice from those of us who have learned by trial and error. 

No, it was not returned. It was 1/2 gram, and they raided his house to get it. The police determined he was a medical marijuana patient with a valid card, and left 1/2 ounce of herb behind.

Over a half gram? Wow........ And again someone has to plea to something they did not do or was protected for doing or both, not that I blame them under the circumstances? How can a judge even allow such a plea considering it had nothing to do with transporting? They will go to any length to get their actions some kind of justification and it doesnt matter how much money was paid to obtain that "illegal transport" conviction/plea. Wowwwwwww

• 2 weeks later...

I never said it was about makeing money bill. But to run a garden, there's costs and they need to be coverd. A Pataint on disability can't afford meds. Disability checks aren't over 900 a month, and that's stretching it saying 900. Try more like 7 or 800. These people are pinching pennies just to get buy. They can't afford 2 ounces a month at 200 let alone 150. Even just a ounce a month at 150 could couse serious financial problims. It's to expensive. After 150, the cost to produce and the time involved to produce meds, becomes futile.

I understand it's not about makeing money, but the fact remains there are costs, and overhead. Even a non profit makes money, to cover the costs. The law states that a CG is intitled to recover cost for the cost of the grow and time!

The system as it is can not work. I don't care what you guys say. This isn't theory! It's frigon fact. I'm not some Newb grower, makeing guess's and theorizing on the topic. I do it! I know what it cost. I don't care if you tell me I can have a 10 pounds of cow ish droped off and tinkle in my pots to cut cost! 1 it ain't happeing. LIKE REALLY. Seriously.

One crappy run, and your out of the game. Check craigslist, there are all sorts of grows for sale. An that's becouse the price drop on pounds went down to 28 or less for shwag. A SHWAG run, will produce under a pound with 2 1k's. Try like 13 zips. That will cover the electric and nutes.

You Guys keep saying it's not about makeing money, when is a Cg makeing money hugh?

Your talking but not saying anything.

I never said it was about makeing money bill. But to run a garden, there's costs and they need to be coverd. A Pataint on disability can't afford meds. Disability checks aren't over 900 a month, and that's stretching it saying 900. Try more like 7 or 800. These people are pinching pennies just to get buy. They can't afford 2 ounces a month at 200 let alone 150. Even just a ounce a month at 150 could couse serious financial problims. It's to expensive. After 150, the cost to produce and the time involved to produce meds, becomes futile.

I understand it's not about makeing money, but the fact remains there are costs, and overhead. Even a non profit makes money, to cover the costs. The law states that a CG is intitled to recover cost for the cost of the grow and time!

The system as it is can not work. I don't care what you guys say. This isn't theory! It's frigon fact. I'm not some Newb grower, makeing guess's and theorizing on the topic. I do it! I know what it cost. I don't care if you tell me I can have a 10 pounds of cow ish droped off and tinkle in my pots to cut cost! 1 it ain't happeing. LIKE REALLY. Seriously.

One crappy run, and your out of the game. Check craigslist, there are all sorts of grows for sale. An that's becouse the price drop on pounds went down to 28 or less for shwag. A SHWAG run, will produce under a pound with 2 1k's. Try like 13 zips. That will cover the electric and nutes.

You Guys keep saying it's not about makeing money, when is a Cg makeing money hugh?

Complaining without a solution isn't going anywhere. People need stuff they can't afford in life. There's no cannabis fairy that's going to cover the bill. There isn't an Affordable Cannabis Act. There's a law that says you can grow it and buy it if you qualify. That works for a lot of people but not everyone. 

I think we're talking but you're not listening.

I have to agree with Highlander, your costs are way too high.  But even if they weren't, what is your end goal, to supply sick people with medication or to make money?

If it costs you $100 an ounce to produce how much would you charge the patient? The going rate on Craigslist?

Would you sell it at cost to someone who needs it?

I'd bet most of the grows that are for sale are folks who thought they would clean up and get rich by selling their wares to a grateful public and soon discover they're not the only ones with that idea.

My guess is it's the same crowd who sells Amway.

If your selling or buying meds on Craigslist you got Problems.

The going rate on Craigslist. Lmfao. Seriously. You might as well just walk into the cop shop and ask if there intrested in purchasing some overages. Lmfao!

Shoot, if people stated posting fake adds on Craig's list for overagss and never show up. Leos budget may shrink. Lots of waisted man hours. Just sayin.

Hahahaha ok SURE!

It doesn't work!

Save your tinkle jugs, to cut costs. Your still charging sick people! They don't have any money, or your still turning someone down in need over money!

The only way it works, is to supply the sick and indigent for free, and sell the rest!

Famous last words here ..... see ya. Sorry you failed.

Bill sell it at cost to some one who needs it?

Would I, I do!

But what other industry does that.

The grow store doesn't give me plant Nutes, bulbs, soil, lights ect at cost an I need that to supply my Patients at cost?

Consider what your saying. It sounds preposterous.

So ten it boils down to my time AINT worth ish. Caregivers work for free!

Bill sell it at cost to some one who needs it?

Would I, I do!

But what other industry does that.

The grow store doesn't give me plant Nutes, bulbs, soil, lights ect at cost an I need that to supply my Patients at cost?

Consider what your saying. It sounds preposterous.

So ten it boils down to my time AINT worth ish. Caregivers work for free!

If you can't find someone to buy what you are growing you failed. Failure is part of life. Rest assured we all are not failing like you are. Some of us are successful enough to give something away because we want to. You have to be successful first then you can make concessions if you want to. 

If I speak for myself only, why are the numbers droping ZAP! Seems counter productive. Seems like the system is not working for a lot of people.

If it works, why are there still disp open? Some one is supplying them, becouse there is a demand that is not being meet. An pataints still procure meds through them.

Hmmm? Hm Zapotus the great wizard of politickleing.

lol @ Affordable Cannabis Act !

Oh, you hate your job? There's a support group for that, it's called "Everybody".

They meet at the bar.

When work seems overwhelming, remember you're going to die.

I love pretending to have the courage to quit my job.

The life so short, the craft so long to learn.

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.