The Agony Of Defeat - What Now?

painterdan

If we can't get good people into office using the electoral system, how would we get a good marijuana law?

I don't think one could argue that Washington and Colorado legalization has solved all problems for patients and caregivers; some have argued the opposite.

Ummmmm , same way the current law came to fruition ?

Poland cannot help us here.

:lolu:

Edited by knucklehead bob

Man F the people is office rest! The MMMA was passed buy the people, not them scabs in the Capitol or did you forget that.

Them tyrantical treasonis parasites at the Capitol should be lined up in front of a fire squad for treason.

Take this bunny muffin to the poles man. Get down!

We in America have amnesia when it comes to our politics, we never seem to remember in November how badly they screwed us in the previous 2-4 years. 

Haha Poland! But seriously man.

Zap man!

Bro you talk about good LAW! The only law that is good is a free for all...right? Anything else is a comprise. If your not with that, your intrest don't lie with the people.Why should we compromise. Phuck medical, phuck legalization, and phuck regulation.

This is what the people want! People want a weed for all.

you dont have to convince us, capn kush. go out and convince the rest of your voting bretheren! go out and talk to your senator and represenatives! go out and talk to reporters! drag those sick kids in front of the tv cameras and hammer those slimeballs that didnt even bring it to a vote.

go door to door and get people involved!

just dont sit here on the internet whining about things.

Herb that's exactly why it should be a voter initiated law man!

I'm no politition, I don't know law. What I know is PEOPLE!

If there was the sigs, and it was on the ballot. There would be a free or all. If Matt Abels amedent to the constitution got on the ballot IT WOULD HAVE PASSED. Then!

Sheit man, that ish would be CRAZY NOW!

Go for the gusto.

i wonder how the fop would feel about that? Hmmm

hard to unite. california tried in 2010 with prop 19 and failed.

i bring that up, because there were dispensaries fighting it in 2010. now california cities are cracking down on dispensaries, i wonder how they feel now haha.

oregon tried in 2012 measure 80 and failed. they won (with a lesser legalization bill) in 2014.

florida medical tried in 2014 and failed.

wash dc won with 68% for legalization? thats the biggest number so far.

not sure if our numbers are there yet. but i'm sure ready for a try in 2016 or whatever. hope hillary clinton runs for pres against jeb bush. hahahaha

I tell yea what's going to happen now.

A few people seen it comeing. But I didn't want to beleave it.

They passed sb660!

With the new fed policie Praire Plant systems will be set up in no time, if not already ready to go.

They will shut down the clubs, the ones that are open. Well I would guess are informants ratting on CG's and Pataints. That's the only conclusion I can come to if they are still open in the next couple months.

The fact is, this movent here in mi is PHUCKING weak. Michiganders are phucktarted. Every one is so, separated. There's know unity. The dispenseriery owners are greedy, the guy with the ware house is a drug dealer, the pataints all want free weed. The tribe, has no unity. An Michiganders are phucking docile!

People are so cought up, in its all about me me me, when it's all about us.

But the facts remain, the DEA only bust 10,000 grows a year nation wide. There are 22,000 CG's registerd in Mi. For every one they bust, 100's more get pop up.

What really NEEDS to be done. Is back to MATT Abels amendment to the constitution. Full legalization, a Soverign RIGHT! No regulation no taxation. JUST A PHUCKING FREE FOR ALL!

The best time to start is the next Canna Cup. Day OF!

bunny muffin MICHIGAN could be the first state were its a constitutional RIGHT like freedom of speech to GROW, SMOKE and SELL DOPE!

That's what Tommy Chong would support us! Think on that!

OG 1000

Well i was at Matts  Xmas party Wednesday and he didn't say that  regulation and taxation.are what they are about

Pain in didnt pass in Cali becouse the farmers and pataints are UNTITED! The system was already in play, and they didn't want a cooperate take over. It didn't pass, becouse TOP breeders and growers spoke out against on the forums and net!

Zap the didn't pass to protect pataints and CG's. That's proganda man. There was no pataints and CG's in mu at the time, only drug dealers.

It passed becouse people want a weed for all.

If we can't get good people into office using the electoral system, how would we get a good marijuana law?

I don't think one could argue that Washington and Colorado legalization has solved all problems for patients and caregivers; some have argued the opposite.

We get the best candidates money can buy. They dance to the tune of whoever paid them. Why do you think that these senators who are so anti cannabis voted for a bill so a big Canadian company can come in and establish giant underground grows. These are the same senators who refused patients access to MM through the two bills [5104 & 4271] They had no problem voting the big corporations bill through. That's politics today bought and paid for politicians - we don't have that kind of clout aka money. Do you really believe that we can get politicians who are favorable to medical cannabis voted in? That couldn't even be done with the Attn General , remember Totten lost! [big time]. I don't see a tinkers chance in H#&& of getting enough senators and representatives favorable to MM in my lifetime. So bypass them and go straight to the voters! We are going to get the politicians big money decides to back period - unless someone changes election campaign laws HaHa. We got the MM act in 2008 by going straight to the voters -not through politicians. Since then politicians have been systematically stripping it. So go back to the voters with full legalization - then they can play around trying to arrest all the recreational users! Just make sure the iniatitive is written so big corporations cannot come in and establish giant grows.

Bob

Matt Abels amedent is and was the bunny muffin. He just put it out there at the wrong time, and it wasn't planed properly. He didn't have any backing. That ish needs to be in play before hand.

With the right timing and perfactedia attention. Not the lansing state jernal. Real Media.

Face book, insta gram, tubler, blogs, forums. The bill will pass.

The new media is the media your after. These kids don't give a phuck about Fox News. People don't even warh TV, they watch Netflix.

How would we accomplish this, when we now know that there is a relative certainty that the police will simply use their privileged access to the media, then lie through their teeth about the harms of marijuana legalization, months, weeks, or days before the vote?

It might make more sense to try to properly implement the law we have at this point, rather than continuing to try to change it to something "better."

I have said it many times  fight to keep what we have ( Left ) because just about any great case someone has and the Lawyers Win  it just  goes to the COA and we loos more protections 

people can go back and read some of my post so i will say it again

If the Bills would have passed i would be the first here to say Cannabis is now Legal to grow and use  in Michigan Now

Let's talk specifics here, and it may become clearer.

The medical marihuana act passed because the general populace wanted to stop patients and caregivers from being arrested, prosecuted, and jailed. I am simply not so sure that the same inclination or desire exists for those without medical need. I think there are far more people in the general populace willing to treat marijuana as a therapeutic substance than willing to treat it as a commonly available (and used) intoxicant (like alcohol).

From what I have seen, those thinking full legalization/ending prohibition is a slam dunk with the voters do not well understand the opposition. I also don't think it is the solution to most of the problems faced by patients, such as housing issues, employment issues, custody issues, treatment of children with debilitating diseases

In fact, I have come to see the confusion between medical marijuana and "recreational" marijuana as a major contributor to the headaches encountered by patients in the pursuit of their daily lives:

1) patients in apartments getting harassed by other tenants by way of management;

2) patients getting fired from a job, or not hired for a job;

3) patients being denied custody of their children because of medical marijuana use;

4) patients subject to criminal penalties for treating their children for autism and other conditions not sanctioned under the act.

Everyone has their own opinion on this subject, about what would be best, etc. The choice of where to spend one's time and efforts is never easy, but I truly believe we cannot go wrong supporting the medical use of marijuana as allowed by the act. Compassion Clubs were great for access, they could be made better by more dedicated hands.

I see your points,and agree with some of them . But I see working with the legislative branches of government an exercise in futility. Do you think that the politicians really care if a MM patient is evicted or looses a job or their children? Do you think they care if Mr Powers child suffers seizures or any other seizure patient? They don't care - if they did they would have showed that yesterday. I fear you are banging your head against an ever increasing wall. All the while people are getting arrested and their lives ruined, when all they wish to do is treat an illness.

Compassion clubs are great - where are they? I think that many patients are afraid to go to meetings because they fear LE is there taking names and license numbers. And how do compassion clubs stop the arrest of patients and caregivers? Or the further stripping of the MM act. I don't see how they help that at all

Edited by keylan

Zap how can you say I'm wrong!

There Most people didn't even no anything about medical marijauana before the laws passed. They passed it as a stepping stone for full legalization. If you don't think that, your brain washed buy the politics bro. An I don't mean any disrespect.

Your just in the politics of it to much, to see what the people want and need.

The positions do not represent the people, the only represent themselves and the rest of the 1%.

Bob get your freind Matt to do it again, and this time do RIGHT!

I understand it may have seemed that way, especially at the end.  But I would say that was only because of all the changes the Gov's office wanted to 4271.  No one disagreed with 5104 until the Sheriffs got involved and threatened Rep Kowall with wrecking her plans to become an Oakland Cty Commissioner...

i didn't think he would even sign it he will never sign a Cannabis Law / Marijuana Law

Let's talk specifics here, and it may become clearer.

The medical marihuana act passed because the general populace wanted to stop patients and caregivers from being arrested, prosecuted, and jailed. I am simply not so sure that the same inclination or desire exists for those without medical need. I think there are far more people in the general populace willing to treat marijuana as a therapeutic substance than willing to treat it as a commonly available (and used) intoxicant (like alcohol).

From what I have seen, those thinking full legalization/ending prohibition is a slam dunk with the voters do not well understand the opposition. I also don't think it is the solution to most of the problems faced by patients, such as housing issues, employment issues, custody issues, treatment of children with debilitating diseases, etc.

In fact, I have come to see the confusion between medical marijuana and "recreational" marijuana as a major contributor to the headaches encountered by patients in the pursuit of their daily lives:

1) patients in apartments getting harassed by other tenants by way of management;

2) patients getting fired from a job, or not hired for a job;

3) patients being denied custody of their children because of medical marijuana use;

4) patients subject to criminal penalties for treating their children for autism and other conditions not sanctioned under the act.

Everyone has their own opinion on this subject, about what would be best, etc. The choice of where to spend one's time and efforts is never easy, but I truly believe we cannot go wrong supporting the medical use of marijuana as allowed by the act. Compassion Clubs were great for access, they could be made better by more dedicated hands.

When we all look back the ( MMMA) Law one of 2008 will stand on its own 

Bob it's Time to get that out there.

Zap I'm not confused man.

I reieae that you don't neccisarly respect me, based on gramical errors. But dude I know more about this than you think. I don't talk to positions man, I talk to people.

I was growing MEDS way before Mi passed this fares of a law. So if you say the people passed the bill to protect CG's and pataints. They PASSED it to PROTECT ME and MY KIND. Not some fairy tale CG! That is being portrayed.

Becouse before the med LAW there was US! So the people have spoke! Let them speak AGAIN! This time louder like a Kali Loud Pack of OG KUSH bro! Lol