The Agony Of Defeat - What Now?

painterdan

Bio tech I read was there , the company that would love to have sole rights to growing for michigans patients therefore knocking out the home growers

Wonder if they're buyi more time to come up with a strategy

Bingo we have a winner - with politicians its all about the money and how much they are going to get for the next election

This bill was held over our heads, during the elections, to remind us that the pubs are open minded. I'm sure a large portion of the house knew it wouldn't be passed, so they voted yes to show they cared for the patients, with no risk.

It was stalled, in committee's and testimonial hearings until after the last dollar in donations was spent, and the last vote was tallied. Then we were promised, week after week, that it would be brought to a vote. "Next week bills up for blah blah" finally it gets scheduled for the last possible day to vote, and Richardville got to make a speech about God & Country.

Another restriction, that hurts the poorest of us, passed. Here's the solution, SC needs to address oil, and medibles. And CG to CG transfers need to be clarified as well. They just need to make sure to address the case ASAP after the COA gives their negative opinion.

Let's clean up the House in 2016.

There gonna screw us, with SB660 if something isn't done.

Yall can either take what's given to you, or get with the band wagon. The real canna people don't play on this board!

This bunny muffin is conserved narc fest. Just becouse all of the polict government talk.

Not to mention, a lot of people say things that push people away.

aoms of you need to embrace te community as a hole, and stop defeating yourselves from the real movement.

We have a law that needs to be implemented. I am fighting to implement it. I will continue, regardless of what others do.

You must agree that if it had been properly implemented, we'd be in good shape now, right?

How are you going to fight? Tell me a concrete plan that's workable. I will jump right in - this ol Hippie is pissed. But don't tell me your going through the legislators again - that's clearly not working as evidenced by yesterday

Cap'n,... what happened yesterday was that after 2 years of hard work, we managed to protect the Act from a lot of people who wish to do harm to it.  It will be even worse next session.

We once again saved the Act.  "They" still want to simply get rid of this law. Period.  If we do not defend it, it will be gone.  We are lucky it is not already gone.

Matt Abel ran a Const. Amendment campaign under the auspices of what YOU believe and it failed miserably. I mean seriously miserably.  There is not the support for what you believe in Capn Kush.  Remove yourself from your reality bubble.  The people do not support your position. (not that I don't).

We can pass legalization, and it can be voted out the next session with a simple vote.  You have to make it stick. Passing it is the easy part. Keeping it is the real fight.

I suspect 2018 or 2020 we will see a legitimate run at some legalization type of initiative.  The money may become available at that time.

Until then,... we must defend what we have.

Y'all need to remember its about the money. The politicians/lobbyist got a chunk of money this year which spun the wheels... but if it never got through, then they have next years funding drive to work on it. Why sell a piece of legislation for half when you can charge double next year? Just saying that happens a lot.

Also,... Zap and myself were not the people trying to pass a law through the legislature.  We were trying to protect patients and CG interests from those that would do harm,... from all sides of the equation.

And instead of yanking Zap's chain,... you should be thanking him for the hard work he did to protect you and the Act.  :-)

I also think it is important to understand that I am not a lawyer. I am pretty sure the first law I read was the MMMA. The US Consitution before that, I guess.

I don't even get along with most lawyers (Probably because most I've met were politicians or prosecutors).

Really, I thought you were. So how do you plan to fight for the act through the courts?

Wasnt knocking you zap. notnteying to pull your chain. You do good work man.

But being involved with all that, this is for you to mal. It's not the streets or people.

Zap you just said, help people grow, talk to people. Bra that's ALL I DO. I have helped a lot of people get started. I don't charge, I don't take a cut. I don't get anything. It's hears some gemtics, this is what you have to do, and a a good luck don't get busted. Lol

Mal, back to matts campaign is failed becouse he didn't do IT RIGHT. The timing was horrid. When that POPED up, every one was all for it. But the timing was bad, and every one new it lacked funding. So it didn't have a chance.

If it was done again, under the RIGHT moon, and all the stars aligned. It wouldn't fail. An I REALLY BELEAVE THAT.

I'm not liveing in some frigon bubble. If anything yall are! An I don't mean that disrespectfully.

I got two examples, I know we're there are two GARDENS, that are located at people's HOUSES, were the owner HATES the MM law. Straight BS, FOP, LEO supporters consertive Uber republicans. OLD School rewfer madness guys. They let it go on, just becouse there kids or grand children want to grow DOPE!

Anyone else they would turn then in prolly. They would vote JUST to protect there's.

That's what you guys aren't getting.

This is culture, religion, spirtualality and a way of life formost. Not just medical. The medical, is minuscule, to mass's.

I Am going to amp you guys up to try matts bill again. I will post about it, SO MUCH that you will do it just to shut me up.

Wait till I fire up the desk top, and hit YA with post I can spell check, and not have to type with my thumbs.

Seriously! I will get yall, amped.

Your just feeling defeated right now.

But really, so 4271 and 5401 weren't meant to be.

MAYBE becouse this is what is suppose to really happen. Matt Abels Bill.

Shoot he already wrote it, and HYPED it some what! So if it reserved from the dead. It's already got a head start!