The Agony Of Defeat - What Now?

painterdan

Zap minscule in that, it's not about medical bro. It's about blown weed for all.

You really think, the 22,000 care givers in MI are growing for medical. Medical is pretty broad.

In the cannabis culture, medical is the same term for spirituality.

I'm going medicate, translate into. I am going to spirtaulty heal myself.

the medical marijuana I grow today is not like the marijuana I used for decades prior. I experienced the medical benefits immediately with my first harvest. I was blown away by experiencing the differences. The herb has proven itself a very real healer for every patient that's register me as their cg, and myself. I've seen lives change positively from quality herbs used correctly. It's got very little with "getting high" , and more about staying well for me and mine.  If medical benefits weren't evident immediately after sampling I'd change strains, or growers. 

Its easy to crop, if that's what a person wants to do. It's hard to specifically tailor strains to a persons individual needs through breeding and popping seeds. A lot of CG's are growing plants that yeild a quarter of what they could get (cropping), to meet their patients physical needs. The medical benefits become overwhelmingly clear, the older you get, and the more pain you have.

I could care less about the financial gain associated with 4271, I was just stoked to have a source that could cover the costs associated with cultivation. Imagine if you could offer your services to 5 vets, or cancer patients for free. All while becoming a full fledged member of society.

Its easy to crop, if that's what a person wants to do. It's hard to specifically tailor strains to a persons individual needs through breeding and popping seeds. A lot of CG's are growing plants that yeild a quarter of what they could get (cropping), to meet their patients physical needs. The medical benefits become overwhelmingly clear, the older you get, and the more pain you have.

I could care less about the financial gain associated with 4271, I was just stoked to have a source that could cover the costs associated with cultivation. Imagine if you could offer your services to 5 vets, or cancer patients for free. All while becoming a full fledged member of society.

I just had to repeat this :)

Medical is a different animal, but that being said if cannabis becomes legal for recreational use the target on the medical community becomes much smaller and the stigma associated with marijuana use lessens with legal recreational use. Right now we are the Attn Generals targets. He has made it his crusade to strip the act and incarcerate as many patients and caregivers as possible.

I don't use I am a caregiver for my husband, I have no patient card for me either. Yet as it stands Im a criminal. Fully legalize and the target on all of us gets smaller. We become a side issue. I wont even be able to use the act in court the way cases are now prosecuted. Plus I will be financially ruined. The legislature does not give a crap about us Schutte would like us all in prison, and now he has a green light. I heard he wants to run for governor so were the perfect political foil for him.

I still believe our best hope is the voters

*nods*

Medical is an issue all to itself. We are not your stepping stone.

Even when legalized is some form or fashion,... medical will exist on its own in a different sphere.

Remember whose backs your riding on to accomplish your dreams.

In all truthfulness, the 'medical' movement that started the ball rolling essentially was a means to legalization... and it began on the backs of everyone persecuted (jailed) for using mj as a means to get high, or if u want to put a spiritual slant on its use, then that too. Decades of people rotting in jail is what the medical movement means to overcome, with eventual legalization, and as another baby step, decriminalization.

This isn't to discount the legitimate therapeutic benefits mj, nor the new research that is emerging, nor the millions of people that could benefit. As you said, medical will continue on its own merits.

But, the impetus came from a bunch of aging stoners that wanted to be able to grow & sell a plant w/o persecution. Where did all of the genetics come from, that happens to also have all the medical benefits? All of that was developed & distributed by traditional stoners. Just to be fair. They were the stewards of the current day genetics.

the medical marijuana I grow today is not like the marijuana I used for decades prior. I experienced the medical benefits immediately with my first harvest. I was blown away by experiencing the differences. The herb has proven itself a very real healer for every patient that's register me as their cg, and myself. I've seen lives change positively from quality herbs used correctly. It's got very little with "getting high" , and more about staying well for me and mine.  If medical benefits weren't evident immediately after sampling I'd change strains, or growers. 

Thanks 

if  it where me i would change Banks

Zap... im really not a divisive guy. As far as I am concerned, whatever your reasoning for doing it, the state shouldnt be involved in the decision nor action. And without equivocation, no one should be in jail for it.

You can not deny that many of the people that voted for mmj were in fact recreational users that looked to take humbrage... and eventually decrim, and thrn legalization. Thats a simple truth.

Go to court cases, please. Anyone can do that, and more. Start a Compassion Club, not a dispensary. Teach people how to use medical marijuana. All of these things help.

Trust me, once its seen that compassion clubs don't transfer meds, the numbers dwindle down to next to nothing. Then a new batch come along, and then they dwindle. You see, most people are looking for an easy way to get their medicine, they don't want to grow. Caregivers are tired of dealing with patients that have a sense of entitlement for free meds, your unlimited time to just drop everything for a gram, and all other kinds of issues.

Half of the clubs are just fronts to send patients to a certain couple of pot docs for certifications, almost half the others are dispensaries/farm exchanges.

We need a new plan. The one we have is getting cops rich, and citizens poor.

That makes sense to me as well... that the number of rec users didnt nec equate to the majority of voters that approved the law. I actually paused over my use of 'many' vs 'most', and went w many to be safe. I can agree that some of the yea votes agreed w medical, but not nec recreational pot shops on every other corner.

It is my assumption that most adults, were they truthful, would favor legalization (for recreational use). I know doctors, lawyers, professors, pilots, cops, and presumably politicians, judges & every other walk of life, that smoke pot at current, or certainly in the past. Recreational use is 'the' foundation for every gain we have made, and will make... imo. It is most of the people, and most of the money. By my thoughts at least.

Such a shame they would not vote and pass a medibles bill knowing it is being interpreted wrong in the courts (biased and on purpose at that). flower the sick people............ The Court of Appeals has said it......The Supreme Court has said it....... And now the Legislators have said it...... Must be we are worthless and all we do is clog the system up anyhow and bring everyone down........... Why don't they just ship us all off to an island somewhere where they won't have to deal with us at all........... A truly sad day indeed

hmm, but what about companies who thought they were going to make boucoup bucks?

http://www.wsav.com/story/27669722/ijj-corporation-ijjc-is-announcing-the-completion-of-negotiations-and-closing-of-transactions

IJJ Corporation (IJJC) announces the completion of negotiations and closing of transactions in which it acquired contractual rights to receive income from two separate medicinal marijuana farming operations, of $2,000,000 and $100,000 annually, in perpetuity

didnt know you could make $2 million annually off of michigan medical marijuana "caregiver" model.

Edited by t-pain

Why don't they just ship us all off to an island somewhere where they won't have to deal with us at all........... A truly sad day indeed

Sounds like the Isle Americano, we've arrived !

Subjects stipends exhausted for basic needs,

taxes used to attack us,

jails used to rip off the feds,

investment monies used

to facilitate the evil companies we loathe,

while supporting the families that birthed the ideal.

Trust me, once its seen that compassion clubs don't transfer meds, the numbers dwindle down to next to nothing. Then a new batch come along, and then they dwindle. You see, most people are looking for an easy way to get their medicine, they don't want to grow. Caregivers are tired of dealing with patients that have a sense of entitlement for free meds, your unlimited time to just drop everything for a gram, and all other kinds of issues.

Half of the clubs are just fronts to send patients to a certain couple of pot docs for certifications, almost half the others are dispensaries/farm exchanges.

We need a new plan. The one we have is getting cops rich, and citizens poor.

I agree thats  the way it happened but it didn't start out like that as you know i have/had been to many clubs until i found out cannabis was being transferred  and if it wasn't the people would not come back  and clubs would closes

I don't even know what happen to the MOCC that i helped start up at first it was the Oakland County C.C    

What happen to all that $$$ that are club had/has ?

Matt Abels idea for a constitutional amendment is a TERRIBLE IDEA. The electorate is not fond of messing with the constitution. That notion alone will lose votes. The way to go for legalization is an initiated law. It requires less signatures up front as well. Please no more of this constitutional amendment garbage

I tell yea what's going to happen now.

A few people seen it comeing. But I didn't want to beleave it.

They passed sb660!

With the new fed policie Praire Plant systems will be set up in no time, if not already ready to go.

They will shut down the clubs, the ones that are open. Well I would guess are informants ratting on CG's and Pataints. That's the only conclusion I can come to if they are still open in the next couple months.

The fact is, this movent here in mi is PHUCKING weak. Michiganders are phucktarted. Every one is so, separated. There's know unity. The dispenseriery owners are greedy, the guy with the ware house is a drug dealer, the pataints all want free weed. The tribe, has no unity. An Michiganders are phucking docile!

People are so cought up, in its all about me me me, when it's all about us.

But the facts remain, the DEA only bust 10,000 grows a year nation wide. There are 22,000 CG's registerd in Mi. For every one they bust, 100's more get pop up.

What really NEEDS to be done. Is back to MATT Abels amendment to the constitution. Full legalization, a Soverign RIGHT! No regulation no taxation. JUST A PHUCKING FREE FOR ALL!

The best time to start is the next Canna Cup. Day OF!

bunny muffin MICHIGAN could be the first state were its a constitutional RIGHT like freedom of speech to GROW, SMOKE and SELL DOPE!

That's what Tommy Chong would support us! Think on that!

OG 1000

tommy chong has nothing to do with mmma! quit living in the past, if I had a protest I wouldnt want him there repping me!

Grow up, tjhis is not a hippie movemnt it is for pt's and pt growers and c.g's!  we cant even legaly do what our law says, leo dont care about our law!

Peace

A ballot iniative in a presidential election year [higher voter turnout for Dems] would work I think. Its worked in other states. A lot of people have changed their thinking on Marijuana. A lot more people support recreational use even if they don't partake themselves its getting to be viewed more like alcohol by more and more folks. Other states that are just as conservative as MI have passed recreational use.

A constitutional amendment wont work it would never pass.

The only way to really protect medical is to legalize the recreational use - By 2020 we wont have a MM act that is worth anything the way things have gone with the present Attn General. He will continue his crusade esp with this latest victory

Bob

Matt Abels amedent is and was the bunny muffin. He just put it out there at the wrong time, and it wasn't planed properly. He didn't have any backing. That ish needs to be in play before hand.

With the right timing and perfactedia attention. Not the lansing state jernal. Real Media.

Face book, insta gram, tubler, blogs, forums. The bill will pass.

The new media is the media your after. These kids don't give a phuck about Fox News. People don't even warh TV, they watch Netflix.

These kids also dont vote, we have to get it to the seniors and recent retiree's, they all have some one in their family that has cancer or a need for mm, just using media online isnt going to get you nothing but a bunch of broken promises, kids 25 and under dont vote!!!!!!!!!

Now what?

Peace

Helping victims who are snared in the court system is all well and good. But its like putting bandaids on a ever enlarging wound. The victims just keep coming and dare I say that now the stream will increase. Stop getting more victims of the system by changing the ball game aka recreational use. The Attn General will be so buzy trying to gut that act, that will be so much broader he wont have the time to focus on us.

I see your points,and agree with some of them . But I see working with the legislative branches of government an exercise in futility. Do you think that the politicians really care if a MM patient is evicted or looses a job or their children? Do you think they care if Mr Powers child suffers seizures or any other seizure patient? They don't care - if they did they would have showed that yesterday. I fear you are banging your head against an ever increasing wall. All the while people are getting arrested and their lives ruined, when all they wish to do is treat an illness.

Compassion clubs are great - where are they? I think that many patients are afraid to go to meetings because they fear LE is there taking names and license numbers. And how do compassion clubs stop the arrest of patients and caregivers? Or the further stripping of the MM act. I don't see how they help that at all

c.c's are not despensarry's and they cant be despenses, that is what happened when the law passed a bunch of c.c's opened and turned into despenses, in my opin a c.c is for people of like minds get together and talk about the stuff we talk about here, they get a chance to meet people in person, and they can find a c.g or a c.g can find a pt, they can get to know each other, and NO biz in a c.c, a cc should be kinda like an aa meeting a place to go and be with people who are in the same situation you are and people can help each other, no deals in the parking lot, no deals in the c.c, it dont stop people from exchanging email addy's and phone numbers, a true c.c will have diff people come and speak and show people the law and how it works not how to get around the law, and Like I said it gives people the chance to meet in person and than they can meet at there homes or a neutral place and maybe work out a pt/cgf or c.g/pt arraingment, if mm is being sold in the parking lot after meetings you should worry about being pulled over, if none of that is happening well obay the traffic laws and if you get pulled over you will not have any mm with you or it will be in a case in the trunk and not be more than you can carry!

Keylan I dont know where you came from, I see you have been a member sinc 10,,,why all of a sudden are you talking silly? and what are you in trouble for?

either way I wish you and yours the best!

Merry Christmas!

Take a chill pill or vape

Peace

There gonna screw us, with SB660 if something isn't done.

Yall can either take what's given to you, or get with the band wagon. The real canna people don't play on this board!

This bunny muffin is conserved narc fest. Just becouse all of the polict government talk.

Not to mention, a lot of people say things that push people away.

aoms of you need to embrace te community as a hole, and stop defeating yourselves from the real movement.

if you type a lil slower maybe we could make sense out of your nonsense!

Peace

When you see people talk to reporters about people on welfare and how they think it's bad that anyone would spend money on cannabis, but they never say a word about alcohol, you know that people still want to kick cannabis users around. The legislators look for appeals and they see the hate. So they try to use it for their popularity. It's a Republican trick, the oldest trick in their book. We just got tossed under the bus so the legislators get a little traction for their hater bus

Old conservatives still have their fingernails dug in and have control. They don't understand cannabis. Until they are gone we will not get to have things the way we want them. Look at the last election results. It's just not our time yet. Keep trying and we will get there someday. Keep trying to vote in friendly people, not haters.