The Agony Of Defeat - What Now?

painterdan

Or why not just allow for unlimited patients to be designated to caregivers. If a caregiver has X amount of patients and needs to rent a building, and hire staff, to serve them all the better. Caregivers are already licensed by the state. Why hamper them from becoming a professional service?

Edited by slipstar059

Most of the rules were written in the Act to steer clear of federal law, with the feds dropping financing to fight states that have medical cannabis laws, the plant count should be a non issue. A caregiver should be able to take on as much work as he can handle, without lowering the quality, of patients medicine. There isn't a magic recipe to follow and all the books in the world won't make a master grower. All this talk about home grows producing low quality meds makes me think they haven't actually seen Prarie Plant Systems cannabis. They had over a 10 million dollar contract with Canada and promised production in a year, it took 3 year for them to get off the ground and produce this.

post-33645-0-15722200-1419537920_thumb.jpg

on an assembly line like this

post-33645-0-84656900-1419537904_thumb.jpg

While "home" grows around the country are producing stuff like this

post-33645-0-81474200-1419539178_thumb.jpgpost-33645-0-78086900-1419539198_thumb.jpgpost-33645-0-93029200-1419539211_thumb.jpgpost-33645-0-07834700-1419539234_thumb.jpg

In case anyone was wondering the last photo is of CBD capsules. The capsules are taken orally, by patients that can't smoke, but are still looking for the medical benefits.

Every photo is from a "home" grower willing to share their trade secrets, so patients can get the best possible medicine.

Edited by slipstar059

Closed loop systems are safe, and it's already happening in medical states accross the U.S. I guess it just depends on your definition of a home. If someone has a pole barn, shed or building devoted to lab work on their property, then they're still a home grower. SkunkPharmResearch, started in a home lab, in his back yard. post-33645-0-65069000-1419557534_thumb.jpgpost-33645-0-68974800-1419557558_thumb.jpgpost-33645-0-24422900-1419557575_thumb.jpgpost-33645-0-97841900-1419557588_thumb.jpg

Again I don't know any of these people, just random folks accross the US. Helping the people who are suffering. Why does everyone assume this is all happening in a basement? Michigan is light years away from the technological advancements that are allowed in other states.

If someone erects greenhouses, on their property, and devotes them to medical cannabis, they're still a home grower. If a corporation comes in and spends 10 mil on a grow buildout, how does that change the motivation? Are they considered pure of heart when they become a LLC.

Edited by slipstar059

Closed loop systems are safe, and it's already happening in medical states accross the U.S. I guess it just depends on your definition of a home. If someone has a pole barn, shed or building devoted to lab work on their property, then they're still a home grower. SkunkPharmResearch, started in a home lab, in his back yard. attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Again I don't know any of these people, just random folks accross the US. Helping the people who are suffering. Why does everyone assume this is all happening in a basement? Michigan is light years away from the technological advancements that are allowed in other states.

If someone erects greenhouses, on their property, and devotes them to medical cannabis, they're still a home grower. If a corporation comes in and spends 10 mil on a grow buildout, how does that change the motivation? Are they considered pure of heart when they become a LLC.

Thank you

this time lets get 4271 to make marijuana a non controlled substance. that will fix things. :)

One man's fix is another man's worst nightmare. And the ones who think it's a 'fix' are not in a position to ask for anything right now. 

This whole fiasco with opening the Act for change is exactly like opening your front door for LEO without a warrant. Why do we do that? Why did we do that? 

It is not over.  The meetings will start up again in a week or two.  I think it is just starting to get interesting....

If we had the players in the legislature to effect change in the way we want it then we would push like no tommorow. On the other hand, if they had players in place THEY would push just like we would. We know they have their players in place. We are seeing their push. No doubt about it. The other team has got the ball and they are running for the end zone. It's as interesting as watching a train wreck knowing your family is on the train. Can't take my eyes off of it. 

If we had the players in the legislature to effect change in the way we want it then we would push like no tommorow. On the other hand, if they had players in place THEY would push just like we would. We know they have their players in place. We are seeing their push. No doubt about it. The other team has got the ball and they are running for the end zone. It's as interesting as watching a train wreck knowing your family is on the train. Can't take my eyes off of it. 

fear of the unknown... no more no less.  We have the players and we are going to be stronger and more connected in this next session.  I don't blame you for being pessimistic, but like a good book, you need to wait a bit longer to see who has the ball and who is heading for the goal line... perhaps they are running the wrong direction after a concussion... 

If only that were real...  

Even if they did run the wrong way and score for us because of a stupid mistake in wording their intent will be met by changes to make things the way they intended. They have as many 'do overs' as they want. The only way we could have won last year, and this year, was to not be the subject of their attention. 

no one should open the act, that said, people are opening the act, wether or not you like it resto. play the game or sit on the sidelines, as it were.

so while we're playing with dumb dispensaries, why not just go full retail sales like colorado? we'd be the first state to have the legislature legalize.

at least this will knock some monkeys off our back and draw attention away from patients. anything to draw attention off of patients.

i dont get why prarie plant and cen biotech doesnt just set up shop in WA/OR/CO/AK and leave us alone?

Edited by t-pain

no one should open the act, that said, people are opening the act, wether or not you like it resto. play the game or sit on the sidelines, as it were.

so while we're playing with dumb dispensaries, why not just go full retail sales like colorado? we'd be the first state to have the legislature legalize.

at least this will knock some monkeys off our back and draw attention away from patients. anything to draw attention off of patients.

i dont get why prarie plant and cen biotech doesnt just set up shop in WA/OR/CO/AK and leave us alone?

Those are not my choices. It's not 'go along or sit on the sidelines'. Those are sorry arse choices and I will not be part of that.

Here's the real deal;

First line of defence was to try to not have the Act opened.

Second line of defence is to try to not have them get a 75% vote. This is where I'm at right now. This position was decided on after careful consideration of the intent expressed by desired wording and who is the majority in the legislature. It's a No Brainer, easy decision to make when you are in my shoes. 

I don't need anyone to outline my choices for me. Sit on the sidelines??? I can't believe anyone actually said that to me. It's really insulting.

this time lets get 4271 to make marijuana a non controlled substance. that will fix things. :)

I've seen very little on this site about supporting 5104 it's all about 4271. Most here are apparently more concerned about making money than about patients access to non smokable meds.

Very disappointing.

Those are not my choices. It's not 'go along or sit on the sidelines'. Those are sorry arse choices and I will not be part of that.

Here's the real deal;

First line of defence was to try to not have the Act opened.

Second line of defence is to try to not have them get a 75% vote. This is where I'm at right now. This position was decided on after careful consideration of the intent expressed by desired wording and who is the majority in the legislature. It's a No Brainer, easy decision to make when you are in my shoes. 

I don't need anyone to outline my choices for me. Sit on the sidelines??? I can't believe anyone actually said that to me. It's really insulting.

Okay on the first line:  Failure is complete since the Walsh bills.  But in 2014 total success as nothing happened to the Act.  What do you think will happen going forward in 2015 if we do nothing?  How bouts:  driving reform, landlord/tenant issues, and cleaning up unemployment issues?  All those are on the bubble and active in others lens of attack.  Now on to your second point... highlighted in red:

What are you suggesting be done to prevent a 3/4 vote?  self immolation?  And what are you personally doing to prevent said 3/4 vote?

next?

Okay on the first line:  Failure is complete since the Walsh bills.  But in 2014 total success as nothing happened to the Act.  What do you think will happen going forward in 2015 if we do nothing?  How bouts:  driving reform, landlord/tenant issues, and cleaning up unemployment issues?  All those are on the bubble and active in others lens of attack.  Now on to your second point... highlighted in red:

What are you suggesting be done to prevent a 3/4 vote?  self immolation?  And what are you personally doing to prevent said 3/4 vote?

next?

You can bet I'm not calling around telling people to call their reps and tell them to vote YES. Lots of folks are getting snowed on this. Convinced a couple guys earlier today that it's risky. They had no idea. Bet they talk to a few others. 25% isn't too aweful hard to get. 

I've seen very little on this site about supporting 5104 it's all about 4271. Most here are apparently more concerned about making money than about patients access to non smokable meds.

Very disappointing.

I think i was told you can't have one without the other and that is why so many supported the 5104 Bill because The Government would not go for people making oil and things like that in there Homes and blowing their houses up 

next?

True i know i can not do anything and if someone just does nothing who knows what they may do but the Centers are up and running any ways many are and we are not hearing of any Raids 

Very disappointing.

well i didnt want to put decrim in 5104 , it might torpedo that bill. but 4271 is close to legalization.