Planet Green Trees Radio Tonight- Special Tuesday Night Edition!

jamieuke

Special Tuesday Night Edition!

Tonight 8-10pm EST Listen LIVE! at www.planetgreentrees.com or call in 347-326-9626

Hosted by attorney Michael Komorn from Komorn Law and Chad from Birmingham Compassion

Contributions from Rick Thompson from The Compassion Chronicles, Jamie Lowell from The 3rd Coast Compassion Center, and attorney Jeff Frazier of Komorn Law.

Tonight- Michigan's 2014 lame duck legislative session ended last week with two bills passing in the senate that pave the way for industrial hemp research in the state. The industrial hemp bills are now awaiting action from the Governor. The 2014 legislative session also ended without two patient friendly medical marijuana bills being brought up for a vote on the senate floor.

Joining us tonight to discuss what happened in the 2014 lame duck session and what is being considered for 2015 will be-

MINorml Board member Steven Sharpe who worked with Everett and Nakita Swift and others to help move the industrial hemp legislation through the House and Senate

Jim Powers from Michigan Parents for Compassion, father of a pediatric medical marijuana patient and instrumental in getting a bill introduced to clarify the law in regard to non-smokable forms of cannabis

Robin Schneider- legislative liaison for the National Patients Rights Association, who along with top independent lobbyist Kevin McKinney, led the lobbying effort for the patient friendly bills

Also participating in the discussion- attorney David Rudoi of Rudoi Law

Michael's rant, news, current events and more!

dont really care about the bills failing, although theres no reason 5104 should have failed at all.

but please ask the guests if they think these bills can pass in the next session. or what it would take to get the police to support dispensaries.

i dont think theres anything to get police to support dispensaries.

dont really care about the bills failing, although theres no reason 5104 should have failed at all. but please ask the guests if they think these bills can pass in the next session. or what it would take to get the police to support dispensaries. i dont think theres anything to get police to support dispensaries.

Sorry man But the Bills are way gone

The police will not support dispensaries.  They don't really even support patients, or caregivers, or physicians,.. and well, care about the health of the general public. :-)

They will continue for more and more until you will have to go to the police station to get a dose of marijuana,... and when it gets to that point, they will say they still don't support it because they cannot train their officers, or against fed law or some other story they come up with.

still doesnt make sense for kowall to remove the bill from the agenda, because the bill is dead either way if it loses votes or is pulled. so why not leave it up there to show the people the senators who are for it and who are against it.

they must have had some real pressure on kowall.

the macp and sherrifs made their objectsions to these bills long ago, as evidenced by the packet i transcribed here:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/47809-sheriffs-assoc-and-assoc-of-chiefs-of-police-opinion-on-hb-5104/

that letter was sent in september. was npra aware of that letter in september? if not, why not?

i'm guessing the letter is close to the letter posted by zap.

edit: thanks zap, quick reading :)

Edited by t-pain

some ideas for next time:

1. foia senators offices for letters/comments mentioning marijuana/marihuana / bill numbers to see what kind of complaints are coming in.

2. on the day of voting, hire some extra people knowledgable with the bill to go to each senators office in preparation for a late-hour phone blitz and show the lies.

good luck.

some ideas for next time:

1. foia senators offices for letters/comments mentioning marijuana/marihuana / bill numbers to see what kind of complaints are coming in.

2. on the day of voting, hire some extra people knowledgable with the bill to go to each senators office in preparation for a late-hour phone blitz and show the lies.

good luck.

Lol i think you have it

I'd like to say thank you again to the MMMA and Komorn Law for such an incredible offer. Over the last week I have been made aware of two families who have continued dosing their children with medical cannabis oil as a direct result of your generosity. As we all know, this could mean the difference between life and death for a sick child. 

Thank you for making our lives a little less scary.

Jim Powers

i also thought that michael komorn's offer to defend minor-patients would encourage the parents to persue the medical treatments as well.

as we've seen in other states, legislatures are all too willing to pass cbd-only laws for parents begging for help. too bad they make cbd legal except the plant is still illegal, thus depriving anyone of making or having cbd medicine in the first place. just a reminder to watch out for this when 5104 is reintroduced.