Are Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Coming To Your Community?

No charade. I don't smoke anything. In fact I can barely breath air. If someone was smoking I would have to leave the room.

My experience is more like taking conventional medicine than anything else. Think of taking cough syrup every four hours. That's my cannabis regimen.

The doctor. I'm referring to those who have no medical problem at all but feign illness to get a card. Then they behave as if anything they do with cannabis is legal, making us all look bad when they get caught.

Of course I'm sure you never ran into anyone like that.

When cannabis works for so many things, big and small, I can say I haven't ever 'run into' anyone who doesn't use it medically. Everyone I know who uses cannabis uses it medically and recreationally according to my definitions. I don't believe there has to be a doctor involved for medical use either. But for legal medical use in Michigan, because of how our law is written, you have to see a doctor before you are legal. 

california also has people get a drs rec before they can use marijuana. california allows marijuana to be recommended for any ailment that marijuana might help. michigan law says a california card/rec is as good as a michigan card.

so our law says california patients with insomnia or some back pain are the same as michigan patients suffering from 'serious chronic debilitating' conditions (or the treatment thereof).

we need to unite, not divide.

i'm not happy with dispensaries or CGs who get in trouble with the law. but i also dont want to see people go to jail for a plant. as long as marijuana is illegal the police and courts will continue to jail and prosecute patients.

Edited by t-pain

using cannabis recreationally may be a very different matter than acting inappropriate or wreckless while using it.

The people getting others in trouble are the folks who do the judging, nosy neighbors, zealous cops and politicians that still think people

using cannabis need to be arrested and judged for doing so, unless they are dying maybe.  There the Judge can decide if a person is "sick enough", because he is the Judge, and likes to Judge the sick among us for the personal choices we make at home possibly.

Think of the donkey brains a person has to have to read the Constitution and come away with "I need to arrest people and take their stuff if they smoke this plant." Now understand you're referring to a majority of politicians, cops and judges.

They want your stuff - an unpleasant side-effect (for the citizenry) is they have to put you in jail in order to process the transaction. They just need a reason...

I always figured becoming a Judge was the natural progression of over achieving connected attorneys, which satiated my curiosity of their demeanor.

I've always suggested friends and family move to a city with NO courthouse, and NO billboard lawyers for best results. It takes a lot of money to support a courthouse

and the mill uses ours to do it.

No one is "making us look bad".  No one in the program represents me.  Do drs. who prescribe opiates make other drs. look bad?  The people who it would "look bad" to are the ones looking for ANY reason to look down on us.  I don't care if we all become alter boys and girls and start our own cub scout packs and get a card from Mother Theresa.  They aren't going to think ANY differently.  It is ingrained in them.  Think about it, they'd already want to put people in jail for a PLANT.  There is a flaw in thinking there that can't be fixed by "being good".

Also some judges suffer delusions, like they actually have control over the people in the communities that elect them.

Prosecutors too. Like in Saginaw. Been there forever and he thinks he is the judge, jury, and executioner, even though he knows his view doesn't match the majority, he has to protect and serve his special minority in his mind.