Libertarians Rule, Ds And Rs Drool...

Well then think of better titles to your threads for one. WE don't need emotional appeals like telling us how we are hated and how many ways by Dems. It's obvious to see where you are headed. If you want to continue to go there then you will have to use better tactics to get us where you are leading. You are not the first to come trolling in like this. 

Well then think of better titles to your threads for one. WE don't need emotional appeals like telling us how we are hated and how many ways by Dems. It's obvious to see where you are headed. If you want to continue to go there then you will have to use better tactics to get us where you are leading. You are not the first to come trolling in like this. 

And you're not the first person to label any dissenting view from your own as "trolling". You couldn't be more wrong on what you think is "obvious" but I understand why you see that as you have a dog in the fight where as I have no allegiance to anything except my principles.

It is funny that you claim I need "better tactics" yet you still cant summarize my position without hyperbole and vitriol. Your analytical and reasoning ability is compromised by your unyielding support of your political party.

The title was changed to one I don't like because I think there are too many Libertarians with bad ideas but they are in favor of Legalization as a Party Platform so yes, I'll take it.

Bad title? Yeah, I'm man enough to admit a mistake.

Once a thread devolves so much that I don't even want to participate, it must be over...

:devil:

Thread isn't over. Title got changed and you're still posting in it.

Edited by YesMichigan

unyielding support of your political party.

I have explained in this thread what I think a Dem SHOULD BE. To that imaginary party I pledge my allegiance and always give proper cudos to those who rise to those standards. Read my sig for an example. There are many more excellent examples of Dems doing the right things for the masses. That's my party.

You just nailed it as to why the thread title is so wrong. It's never been just me in my boat. That's what it means to be a true Democrat; you have always spoke out for everyone. True Democrats don't hate on anyone for their personal choices and they don't hide when others do that, they bring the light and show the injustice. Been doing that my whole life. 

Back on page 1 in case you missed it....

unyielding support of your political party.

I have explained in this thread what I think a Dem SHOULD BE. To that imaginary party I pledge my allegiance and always give proper cudos to those who rise to those standards. Read my sig for an example. There are many more excellent examples of Dems doing the right things for the masses. That's my party.

And on that we are in NEAR LOCKSTEP which is why I don't understand the hostility. There are many people in your party who fall far short of your ideal. Don't you feel more responsible to take them to task than anyone?

I feel like we're talking with this and that's good, so please don't construe this as argument but as a question an Independent voter in Michigan needs to know. Why is Greimel the Democratic Majority Leader? Is it just because of his District? Your personal opinion on him if you are willing. I do not like him, have not liked him for years and he is an example of the type of Democrat who made me angry enough to rant in another thread before I started this one (Talabi was the one that made me really angry). I could ignore him easier if the other Democrats in the Party weren't apparently looking up to him.

Thank you for your comment.

You just nailed it as to why the thread title is so wrong. It's never been just me in my boat. That's what it means to be a true Democrat; you have always spoke out for everyone. True Democrats don't hate on anyone for their personal choices and they don't hide when others do that, they bring the light and show the injustice. Been doing that my whole life.

Back on page 1 in case you missed it....

I do recall that and thank you for re-posting. If we can remain civil I'd like to discuss the comment some, please.

I don't see your behavior as a "True Democrat" I see you as a responsible citizen and Patriot. This is where our thinking parts ways. I don't think you are wrong or "Have to" change your behavior because I'd be a hypocrite if I demanded you to do something because I demand that no one be demanded. I wonder how many "True Democrats" as you define them are in the party. I don't know which is why I research the ones who I have a say on to see where they stand on my most important issues.

I see "True Humans" people who don't want to incarcerate others. People who don't want to hurt others. People who want to help if they can. I think you are one of these but as a matter of what you see necessity you have aligned yourself with one of the two parties that most often represents your views. I don't like labels or stereotypes. I'm naive enough to think I wouldn't offend people because we were all aware the damage done to the citizenry during times of control by both parties on this topic.

I find the title change rather humorous.  What I find even more entertaining is that people get so emotional over political parties.

The way I see it is there is not much dividing either party.  It is all a game to them and I feel a good percentage of us do not fully

understand that game.

I have enjoyed this thread and have learned much.  Not too much about political parties and who is 'best' for me and my values...

but rather I have learned A LOT about those posting here.

What I would like to see developed is a comprehensive list of each candidate or persons already in office, as to their voting record,

how often are they even is session... etc.. links and things to assist those of us who want to know these things to make a better informed

decision at the polls.  I think we have tried that here yet it never got fully off the ground imo.  

Resto, I don't know who you are referring to when you say WE, because you do not speak for me.

Edited by imiubu

When I see a problem with any politician I point it out regardless of their party. No one gets a pass. NO ONE.

I see straight ticket voting as giving a pass to Democrat candidates like Talabi and Greimel. It is one thing to be snarky in a forum (like me) and another to say it at the ballot box.

Would the Libertarian initiative be stronger if more Democrats stopped voting for "the lesser of two evils"? My answer is Yes. This isn't to say you are one of those people, but I believe there are some.

Edited by YesMichigan

Why is Greimel the Democratic Majority Leader?

Pandering. I'm not in favor of it. Some think it's a valid tactic here in Michigan and I'm not one that shares that opinion. That's why R's have been in control since '86, pandering to them.

Do you think he has taken a Prohibitionist stance to appear more centrist to Republican voters in his District?

He does it to bargain with the prohibitionists. Pandering to them because he is in a position of weakness. 

I won't post what he said in 2013 (I did way back) because we all know and I'm enjoying your honest assessment.

I hope based on what you have said regarding a D like Greimel, my adamant opinion of not compromising on principle and our shared interest in electing candidates who advance a position of freedom you understand a little better my distrust and even anger at the Democratic party.

Not wanting to argue but do Hillary's comments give you hope on the National level that the Democrats will create enthusiasm amongst Independents (like me) to ensure they don't "Protest" vote (vote Libertarian or some other such)? Everything I have read from her tells me I will likely not be voting for one of the two major candidates without a major shift and action.

All you can do is watch and listen. You don't often get the raw hatred shown towards medical marijuana patients like Romney did. It's probably going to be the lesser of two evils again. I'm a realist like that. I can only hope that a little bit of hater slips out so I have a clear path like with Romney. Maybe Romney will run again and makes things easier ..?

Why the change in the title of the thread?

As the creator of it I will firmly state I am glad "Hate" was taken out as that was a mistake on my part when I made it. I don't feel my freedom of speech has been abridged or diminished. I will even go so far as to thank the moderator for taming it down on my behalf.

All you can do is watch and listen. You don't often get the raw hatred shown towards medical marijuana patients like Romney did. It's probably going to be the lesser of two evils again. I'm a realist like that. I can only hope that a little bit of hater slips out so I have a clear path like with Romney. Maybe Romney will run again and makes things easier ..?

I have to post Greimel's comments again because his comments (for this reader) are VERY similar to Romney.

"Greimel, emphasizing that he was speaking only for himself and not all House Democrats, said Tuesday that he has "serious concerns about any proposal to legitimize, decriminalize or legalize marijuana."  http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/05/marijuana_decriminalization_in.html

The MMMA legitimizes marijuana use. That is the person I want Democrats to remove from their party. Instead they elected him as their Leader in the House.

Edited by YesMichigan

I have to post Greimel's comments again because his comments (for this reader) are VERY similar to Romney.

"Greimel, emphasizing that he was speaking only for himself and not all House Democrats, said Tuesday that he has "serious concerns about any proposal to legitimize, decriminalize or legalize marijuana."  http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/05/marijuana_decriminalization_in.html

The MMMA legitimizes marijuana use. That is the person I want Democrats to remove from their party.

Yah. But I don't get to vote for him, I get to vote for the POTUS.  All I can do is biatch and moan about the others. Thanks for doing that. If you find a way I can help with that then I'm listening. 

Yah. But I don't get to vote for him, I get to vote for the POTUS.  All I can do is biatch and moan about the others. Thanks for doing that. If you find a way I can help with that then I'm listening. 

Write your district rep to tell them you disagree with Greimel is a start.

Advise the National Party that they are losing Independent voters because of their archaic stance.

Email Talabi and tell her some jerk named "YesMichigan" is saying bad things about Democrats because she wants people to be arrested as often as possible and if she could stop advocating for that it would help your case. Maybe she'll help us both out.

I'm glad this turned around.

For the record, I haven't seen any kind of legalization, so far, that I can afford. 

I didn't highlight the "legalization" part because I know that is your stance and I know we adamantly disagree on that aspect. I do not argue for the sake of it. I discuss to gain information. I am smarter after this thread.

Write your district rep to tell them you disagree with Greimel is a start.

Advise the National Party that they are losing Independent voters because of their archaic stance.

Email Talabi and tell her some jerk named "YesMichigan" is saying bad things about Democrats because she wants people to be arrested as often as possible and if she could stop advocating for that it would help your case. Maybe she'll help us both out.

I'm glad this turned around.

I didn't highlight the "legalization" part because I know that is your stance and I know we adamantly disagree on that aspect. I do not argue for the sake of it. I discuss to gain information. I am smarter after this thread.

Well, who can afford $75 for an 1/8 ounce? That's just stupid. Or I'm getting old, or both...

and I know we adamantly disagree on that aspect. (legalization of marijuana)

Well, who can afford $75 for an 1/8 ounce? That's just stupid. Or I'm getting old, or both...

Who can afford jail? Misdemeanor offenses? Felony offenses? Living in fear because society views you as a menace but applauds a NASCAR Racer in the Busch Beer or Jack Daniels car because don't nothing say drinking like driving REALLY FAST!!!!

If it is legal and they price it the way they are trying the black market will flourish better than it does today. You're too smart to think they can have the impact they pretend they can have. If they could the issue would have died in 1937.