Libertarians Rule, Ds And Rs Drool...

You cannot say you do not want someone in jail but then say you want to keep such laws in place to keep people in jail  makes no seance does it,?

I think what he is saying is the only way to avoid political suicide and remain a viable candidate in the Republican party which is weak as hell and he could still get the nomination. He can't alienate that group yet. Hillary is playing the same game but is much more guarded than Paul.

Do you want me to say politics is slimy? Yes. Do I like a candidate who says he has no desire to get involved on what individual states decide on marijuana policy? Yes.

John Conyers is part of the marijuana majority. Are you?

www.marijuanamajority.com/?id=452

"I'm gonna say something here today that I've never said before: I think we oughta decriminalize marijuana as a criminal activity

I must have missed his announcement as a potential candidate for President. Do you have that link?

“[if] you want to go somewhere where you can smoke medicinal weed, then you ought to be able to do that.”
Rick Perry Governor of Texas

Great website!

but also didn’t want the federal government to try and overturn state laws that have made the drug legal.  well you cannot do this by voting to keep cannabis illegal   impossible  ..   talking in circles  , 

You're trying to make it about Rand Paul. Show me your Democratic candidate for President in 2016 that represents your ideal. Show me one that comes close to being as permissive as Paul even.

I see Pauls position as mimicking Obamas honestly.

Obama has lowered sentences for certain non violent drug offenders. Paul has not.

Obama has had his justice department advise not to arrest medical cannabis patients.  Paul has accomplished nothing.

Obama has had his justice department overlook certain commercial marijuana entities. Paul has accomplished nothing.

And the problem with Pauls perspective is he believes it is perfectly ok to have drugs illegal, as long as the state wants that.  That was always the problem with his father too.  You have to read between the lines.  Even Ron Paul felt the Federal government should not make marijuana illegal, but that he himself would support Texas keeping it illegal even after such an event.

did not know rand paul was running for pres  new one to me.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/koch-brothers-ted-cruz-rand-paul-marco-rubio-scott-walker-2016-elections-114386.html

Not sure how you get your news but it's been rumored since November. Easy to get behind, I understand. Not official because no reason to commit yet.

Paul wants  pot  illegal  period  

Paul wants to get the marijuana hater votes, just like anyone else that runs from that party. They have a whole tent set up for marijuana haters, all warm and fuzzy inside ... mushroomy... Lawrence Welk playing... bubble machine going strong. It's like heaven right here on Earth. They are better than someone...woo hoo, it's so nice to be better. 

I see Pauls position as mimicking Obamas honestly.

Obama has lowered sentences for certain non violent drug offenders. Paul has not.

Obama has had his justice department advise not to arrest medical cannabis patients.  Paul has accomplished nothing.

Obama has had his justice department overlook certain commercial marijuana entities. Paul has accomplished nothing.

And the problem with Pauls perspective is he believes it is perfectly ok to have drugs illegal, as long as the state wants that.  That was always the problem with his father too.  You have to read between the lines.  Even Ron Paul felt the Federal government should not make marijuana illegal, but that he himself would support Texas keeping it illegal even after such an event.

Obama allowed Holder to increase raids on California dispensaries in 2012. Paul did not.

Obama has his Justice Department investigate certain commercial marijuana entities operating within guidelines. Paul did not.

Paul championed legislation to amend Federal law to allow Medical Marijuana Patients to have legal Federal right. Obama did not.

You would like to think Obama is progressive enough that Paul's ideas "mimic" his. We disagree on plenty enough already. We'll call that one more thing.

For sure no perfect world when "State's rights" rule the day. It is what we have today with Colorado, Washington and Oregon among other glaring inconsistencies.

I'm not a Rand Paul supporter. I think he has some good ideas and some wacky ones (like his old man).

Bernie Sanders my friend.

Q. So you don’t support the recreational legalization of marijuana in Vermont?

I’m going to look at the issue. It’s not that I support it or don’t support it. To me it is not one of the major issues facing this country. I’ll look at it. I think it has a lot of support and I’ll be talking to young people and others about the issues. But there are two sides to a story.     http://time.com/13328/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-2016/

No "flip flop" there from Bernie Sanders.

So since ya now are no longer ignoringme,.. care to retrack the topic to your post about Libertarians and addressing my issues surrounding it. Ya have obviously read it. :-)

And,..i answered your question directly.

Show me one that comes close to being as permissive as Paul even.

And I did,... Bernie Sanders.

Ahhh yesMichigan,.... you have taken me off ignore,.. or pretending to have me on ignore. :-)

I honestly didn't read your stuff but I'm not one to hold a grudge. Your reply was on topic so would be petty of me to ignore it. I'm a lot of things and petty is usually one of them, I guess today I made an exception...hehe

I got love for you because I know we want the same thing at the end of the day. I don't ever debate to demean or belittle. If I sense someone doing it - well. I think of the story of the little girl who told the construction crew to let the air out of the truck tires to get the truck out from underneath the bridge. If you lose the dismissive tone to opinions you disagree with I think we'll be good friends. Everyone is someone's idiot. Even you. Especially me.

So since ya now are no longer ignoringme,.. care to retrack the topic to your post about Libertarians and addressing my issues surrounding it. Ya have obviously read it. :-)

And,..i answered your question directly.

And I did,... Bernie Sanders.

We are kind of addressing it now. I honestly skimmed your reply for a moment but saw it was just you doing what I did to you and the conversation moved away from it (gratefully) so I let it die there. Let's talk about it in a PM to keep the masses from having to endure it, please.

Bernie Sanders I posted is a wishy washy guy less defined in his policy than Rand Paul a Republican. I had HIGH hopes for Bernie back in the early 2000's I'll admit. When you said his name I'll admit I chuckled but only because of his age and a career that didn't grab much spotlight along the way.

I don't do pm's for discussion. I have no need to hide my opinions etc.

;-)

And I assume Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders both have about the same chance of being president.

Not about hiding but I totally dig. So I'll answer whatever questions you ask after I get your answers to those in the Original Post.

What did the first "black" President of the United States of America do once elected by the people? Did he openly demand that justice be served?

I am curious, where do you stand on the second amendment?

It was not in the form of a question but do you believe a two-party system can provide representation for more than two ideologies?

And the funny thing about Paul, I must say, is he is mr states rights, yet is doing everything he can to ignore his states laws concerning running for 2 offices on the same ballot.

"States rights only when convenient to my position and self interests!"

Heh.

He is unique or universal?