Fear?

FreedomFarmboy

Then why is everyone against dispensaries who buy from locals?  Typical divide and conquer.  LEO wants only dispenses so we throw the dispensaries under the bus?

EVERY dispensary I've been to has offered to buy my overages just from seeing a sample for Iron Labs.  Maybe the ones against dispensaries are the ones who know they wouldn't buy their product because it's subpar.  Something sure smells fishy though.

So people let LEO drive their decisions here?

No Norby. We let the law drive our decisions. It does not leave anyone enough latitude to run a retail dispensary. That and dispensary promoters' clearly stated insistence that the rights we enjoy should be taken from us are enough to stand against them for many of us here.

Who , where?  All I see here is "this is the way it is" with no backup.

Who are dispensary promoters?  Did ALL the dispensaries pay them to lobby for them?  Who's lobbying for us?

Sorry but I never let "the law" drive my decisions.  I stick with right and wrong.  I don't go outside the law at the moment.  Not to say it drives my decisions though.  Just because LEO wants dispensaries doesn't mean I'm going to go against them.  I'll stick up for what I want and settle nowhere inbetween.

No Norby. We let the law drive our decisions. It does not leave anyone enough latitude to run a retail dispensary. That and dispensary promoters' clearly stated insistence that the rights we enjoy should be taken from us are enough to stand against them for many of us here.

Nope. The legislature lets law enforcement drive their decisions. You can't demonize anyone here for that. We are just the messengers of the reality of our situation. There's no divide and conquer. We just don't have any pull with the legislature at all because of our failure to get the right people in charge. 

Call them then and make your voice known.  Does everyone throw all caregivers under the bus because some work outside the law?  Get the dispensaries that buy from caregivers to distance themselves from the notion of a dispensary only model.  Don't just lump everyone together or your doing the same thing they do to us.

Do an old fashioned hand written letter campaign.  It worked for us on a reptile ban.  When the boxes of letters started rolling into our reps offices they can't just delete it.  How can we organize to fight for what we want?  or is everyone to divided.  Crappy caregivers don't want dispensaries because they want the monopoly on getting 5 patients.  Good caregivers want to get rid of their overages to dispensaries and dispensaries want it all for themselves?

If that's the case we're already f u c k e d because the law will be taken either way because we can't stand up for each other.  Divide and conquer.

Edited by Norby

Call them then and make your voice known.  Does everyone throw all caregivers under the bus because some work outside the law?  Get the dispensaries that buy from caregivers to distance themselves from the notion of a dispensary only model.  Don't just lump everyone together or your doing the same thing they do to us.

Do an old fashioned hand written letter campaign.  It worked for us on a reptile ban.  When the boxes of letters started rolling into our reps offices they can't just delete it.  How can we organize to fight for what we want?  or is everyone to divided.  Crappy caregivers don't want dispensaries because they want the monopoly on getting 5 patients.  Good caregivers want to get rid of their overages to dispensaries and dispensaries want it all for themselves?

You are way overcomplicating this. This has nothing to do with anything crappy other than the actual legislature being crappy(in your terms). 

I here this all the time.>>>> i will be able too sell my overages to the  dispensaries >> the ones who follow the law and imho the dispensary already have the people in place that are trusted they are not going to just let anyone bring in their Oil and cannabis to sell and walk out with cash in hand i sometimes give this advise what would Leo do if you are pulled over with cannabis and Oil in your car >>> Sorry Leo i am on my way to sell my cannabis and Oil to the center and pick up my cash then Leo say's OK i'll wait until you come back this way and then take your cash because cannabis is filling and stinking  up the office

your view may suffer from Demographics, EVERY club I've been in offers to buy my produce. Everytime I dropped off a sample for a test I was solicited. this is business as usual. They will buy up all oil, all buds, all the time, and are often near end of stock.

I see a pattern of similar dispensary status quo maybe from your area? Things are different in the rest of the state maybe?

If LEO pulled me over with supply, they'd never see more than 2.5 ounces, and would never get the opportunity to discuss patients

with me. I don't sell to dispensaries and I don't transport oil. My buds are delivered in a windowed, smell proof gusseted mylar zip pouch, hermetically sealed. Its printed with MMMA law, warnings, etc, and labeled with strain and weight, btw :P

I agree in a lot of aspects concerning dispensaries. It would be great, but that time has come and gone. This is just my opinion.

We don't have the opportunity to operate dispensaries how you describe. We lost that opportunity after the McQueen case. Us as a community clearly made the decision not to support the McQueen case, not to support dispensaries operating with the caregiver system. We collectively made the decision not to help. I shared with as many people as I could. I spoke my peace that we needed to fight for that case. That type of system is no longer on the books. It has been deemed illegal. If that was what the people wanted then they should have helped fight for it. I was fully updated with the case because they were also involved with the Mt. Pleasant Compassion Club. I was not involved with the dispensaries, just received information from Brandon and Matt. They had three dispensaries operating in that manner across the state.

Just the way I see it. That opportunity is gone. I am not a lawyer, I don't know for sure, but that is my best guess.

When I hear the word dispensary now, the idea of caregivers supporting it does not fit in the picture anymore. All I see is big business taking over. We paved the way for them. The only way I can picture dispensaries benefiting the patient, but not the caregivers is like Colorado to where the dispensaries are open to anyone 21 and over. Yes, big businesses will eventually end up running them.

Your argument is valid, but it is just too late.

I hope I am wrong.

A lot of the complaints that you point out with caregivers and low grade meds, from a first hand view, I have seen the dispensaries receiving those same low grade meds and selling moldy meds. The top shelf meds never made it to the dispensaries. Not that I am aware of. That was at the beginning of the dispensaries popping up though.

I just hope we don't lose what we already have. Just too much evil and greed out there by big businesses and government. I have no faith in our legal system.

Edited by GrowGoddess

I agree in a lot of aspects concerning dispensaries. It would be great, but that time has come and gone. This is just my opinion.

We don't have the opportunity to operate dispensaries how you describe. We lost that opportunity after the McQueen case. Us as a community clearly made the decision not to support the McQueen case, not to support dispensaries operating with the caregiver system. We collectively made the decision not to help. I shared with as many people as I could. I spoke my peace that we needed to fight for that case. That type of system is no longer on the books. It has been deemed illegal. If that was what the people wanted then they should have helped fight for it. I was fully updated with the case because they were also involved with the Mt. Pleasant Compassion Club. I was not involved with the dispensaries, just received information from Brandon and Matt. They had three dispensaries operating in that manner across the state.

Just the way I see it. That opportunity is gone. I am not a lawyer, I don't know for sure, but that is my best guess.

When I hear the word dispensary now, the idea of caregivers supporting it does not fit in the picture anymore. All I see is big business taking over. We paved the way for them. The only way I can picture dispensaries benefiting the patient, but not the caregivers is like Colorado to where the dispensaries are open to anyone 21 and over. Yes, big businesses will eventually end up running them.

Your argument is valid, but it is just too late.

I hope I am wrong.

A lot of the complaints that you point out with caregivers and low grade meds, from a first hand view, I have seen the dispensaries receiving those same low grade meds and selling moldy meds. The top shelf meds never made it to the dispensaries. Not that I am aware of. That was at the beginning of the dispensaries popping up though.

I just hope we don't lose what we already have. Just too much evil and greed out there by big businesses and government. I have no faith in our legal system.

The people vote everyday with their dollar.  There are caregivers and patients supporting dispensaries, even though they are illegal.  HB 4271 would've created a working system where caregivers and patients could sell their overages to dispensaries and dispensaries couldn't grow their own.  Some people are just better at a business relationship than some caregivers.   I think that system would've worked great.  I would prefer to be able to go to a farmers market and sell my extras but some people just want to go to one person and get rid of extras and go about the rest of their life.  They enjoy the plants and helping people but not necessarily interacting with every one of them.  If patient to patient is gone then this is the next best thing.  It satisfies everyones wants as is shown by the current model that IS in place today, legal or not.  To me it's quite obvious what everyone wants.  Dispensaries are not operating with no customers.  Farmers markets aren't operating with no customers.  Neither are caregivers.  And some people ARE getting free meds for signing with certain caregivers so they can grow and sell to dispensaries.  Couldn't be more obvious what the patients caregivers and dispensaries want.  So why can't we all get together and demand what we have to be legal?

HB 4271 would've created a working system where caregivers and patients could sell their overages to dispensaries and dispensaries couldn't grow their own. 

Totally wrong. Not with the legislature we have. It's not anywhere near real at all. It's a fairy tale. Asking this legislature is the same as asking the State Police and Schuette. 

I do not know the answer to your question of why we can't all just get together. I was shocked of the little support that was offered during the McQueen case. That verified it to me that greed and jealousy will not allow us to band together. The government is more than happy to take advantage of that.

I am one of the caregivers that offers free meds, but this is not to be able to supply a dispensary. It is because I am getting tired and I have fear of growing on a larger scale due to the potential consequences. I stay low key and I am just kind of taking it easy. It is more of a hobby to me and I get to help people too!

Farmer markets would be awesome. I wouldn't want to partake in a FM for money. I suppose most people would and that is okay. I would be more interested in the interaction with other growers and sample each others meds. Meeting patients from all over.  It would be awesome for my hobby, it would make it all the more fun. I have lost hope that our government will allow us to have a good time and freely sell, trade, provide meds to each other. It would be awesome if it could happen.

Maybe we should direct our focus to changing the classification of marijuana  away from a Schedule 1. The day we are allowed to openly trade or even just give away for free is the day I would be interested in running a compassion club again. It is nice to be able to offer free samples.

I do not know the answer to your question of why we can't all just get together. I was shocked of the little support that was offered during the McQueen case. That verified it to me that greed and jealousy will not allow us to band together. The government is more than happy to take advantage of that.

I am one of the caregivers that offers free meds, but this is not to be able to supply a dispensary. It is because I am getting tired and I have fear of growing on a larger scale due to the potential consequences. I stay low key and I am just kind of taking it easy. It is more of a hobby to me and I get to help people too!

Farmer markets would be awesome. I wouldn't want to partake in a FM for money. I suppose most people would and that is okay. I would be more interested in the interaction with other growers and sample each others meds. Meeting patients from all over.  It would be awesome for my hobby, it would make it all the more fun. I have lost hope that our government will allow us to have a good time and freely sell, trade, provide meds to each other. It would be awesome if it could happen.

Maybe we should direct our focus to changing the classification of marijuana  away from a Schedule 1. The day we are allowed to openly trade or even just give away for free is the day I would be interested in running a compassion club again. It is nice to be able to offer free samples.

^^ :thumbsu:

It looks as if they already won.  So nothing about a letter writing campaign to demand what we want?

Resto, if you don't have anything to add.....  No means no, what the hell are you even talking about? It was that freakin close with that language.  If we would've done a handwritten letter campaign there would've been a chance.  bunny muffin from the info I got from the republican we paid off it was on it's way thru.  And the info that the work was being rewritten I thought there was a chance.  Till the cops called.  Dammit we employ them.  Our hand written letters would've/should've trumped that.   You make it sound as if there is no hope and there'll be no hope.  Is that what your trying to accompish?  Never mind I'd rather not try and decipher the answer.  If dems have to get in for it to happen I might as well move.  Why the hell did they hold a fundraiser for that piece of lying crap anyway.

growgodess, Feel ya! I had a dispensary for a short time. People were blowen away by the free meds jar, next to the others.No amount of $ makes up for the gratification that is felt from helping someone live a better life, or make their last moments comfortable. Michigan is michigan, bc of the people. Washington state is what it is bc...Never have i came across the best freely shared info and progression then from people outa thata way...

I've never given out "free" meds to my patients. Instead, when the time arose that my patients had no currency to donate, what they did have was time and stories from former lives, lives that I could never live or read about or pretend to know. Which in my book was good enough.

When it comes to my patients, I enjoy having a bit of a small relationship as a human being, hence my intensive screening process (need to know they are okay with having a curious person on their hands, I have anxiety problems and dont often "speak" aloud, so once I start asking questions I sort of blabber, particularly mid-medication-Look at me go!). One once made a spaghetti dinner, of which I was more than happy to attend once invited, and reciprocated the gesture in kind. 

I've even accepted a single can of pepsi as my "donation" before.  :yahoo-wave:

I don't supply a disp, but that isn't to say it wouldn't be nice to be able to earn some extra revenue from that angle. More so, to be able to provide relief to patients who are uncomfortable with my "intrusive and overly friendly" caregiver methods (as stated in a former interview-But hey, they didn't grasp the concept I reckon)

The way I see it, I would have thought putting up with my asking questions about ones' life and/or the gifting of a pepsi would have been an acceptable trade-off for medications, but I suppose not everyone works that way.

It looks as if they already won.  So nothing about a letter writing campaign to demand what we want?

Resto, if you don't have anything to add.....  No means no, what the hell are you even talking about? It was that freakin close with that language.  If we would've done a handwritten letter campaign there would've been a chance.  bunny muffin from the info I got from the republican we paid off it was on it's way thru.  And the info that the work was being rewritten I thought there was a chance.  Till the cops called.  Dammit we employ them.  Our hand written letters would've/should've trumped that.   You make it sound as if there is no hope and there'll be no hope.  Is that what your trying to accompish?  Never mind I'd rather not try and decipher the answer.  If dems have to get in for it to happen I might as well move.  Why the hell did they hold a fundraiser for that piece of lying crap anyway.

Did you write?

Did you write?

Did anyone else?  Again, from the work being done on the bills and the word from politicians and the votes in the house I didn't think there was a need.  And, no, I'm not good at writing and getting my point across but I can sign my name.  Was there a letter writing effort here I missed?

Wait, wasn't everyone here against dispensaries at the time?  Was that why there wasn't more of an effort?

Edited by Norby

I'm not a writer and I sent two letters. Let's get behind the new bill or bills (your choice) and have our voice counted. The bills last year were close until MSP and others did the campaign at last minute. We just need to work together in my opinion.

Why would we get behind bills that Schuette and the State Police get to write? I must be not getting through to you because you keep going backwards. Are you suggesting we can work with Schuette and the State Police to get what we want? Or are you just wanting so bad it doesn't matter who writes what you just want something?

Did anyone else?  Again, from the work being done on the bills and the word from politicians and the votes in the house I didn't think there was a need.  And, no, I'm not good at writing and getting my point across but I can sign my name.  Was there a letter writing effort here I missed?

Wait, wasn't everyone here against dispensaries at the time?  Was that why there wasn't more of an effort?

I've written over and over and over. Posted comments here from my favorite rep but he has no pull over anything. Only the bad guys have pull.

Why would we get behind bills that Schuette and the State Police get to write? I must be not getting through to you because you keep going backwards. Are you suggesting we can work with Schuette and the State Police to get what we want? Or are you just wanting so bad it doesn't matter who writes what you just want something?

Are you suggesting that we not support these bills? How about patients who don't smoke and need the edibles?