Medical Grower Needed Must Have Exp

buzz925

Man I was just offering to help out if dude still needed it. I thought only a legit person would post something like that anyways. Smells like a trap? Alright man, if that's what you think, that's cool. To be honest I thought I was replying to a post that only the person who wrote it could see. But it's cool. I would probably think something similar and now that I read what I wrote last night realize I sound like a making whoopee robot. Hahaha.. Oh well live and learn..

Big Jae:  If you ask nicely, Bob may be able to spare an 8 x 10 for you to learn in while he overgrows the country in his 80 x 100 (now reduced to 72 x 90).  He'll be crowdeded but I know Bob and master grower that he is, Bob will make it work.

Sorry, don't understand what you replied or if your being sarcastic? Sorry just learning my way around.

No worries, big jae. The craigslist thing was more about the original post. It's odd for somebody to ask for proof of 72 plants, and it's completely illegal for one patient to command 72 plants.

It smells fishy to some of us old timers.

Sarcasm happens a lot here. Best to just assume jokes and good vibes.

Edited by suneday11

The original poster obviously doesn't understand the law why would anyone better yet how can anyone grow 72 plants for another person its not legal simple as that 1 patient = 12 plants 5 patients = 60 plants 5 patients plus a caregiver / patient = 72 this looking for someone to grow 72 plants scenario makes no sense from a legal standpoint.

What is your electric question?

Well when I took out my gas water heater that had a 10 wire going by it and replaced it with an electric that needed a 220 for the dual elements. So I had to run a new 12/3 wire from water heater to panel where I ran the wire into a 30 amp dual pole breaker. It works perfect, wiring is running through conduit, electrician said it looked professional with the romex and all that.

So I was wondering how I run another 30 amp dual pole 220 having the one wire and hook it up to two lights. Do they make 220 plugs with the same ends as the 120 plugs but would be using 220? Do I take that one 12/3 wire coming from panel and run that to two separate 220 plugs that look like 110 regular plugs but are actually 220?  I haven't been able to find anyone to help me. Plus also what if I run two separate 110's off 12/3 going to its own 20 amp breaker and run the rest of my stuff off separate plugs already in the room which I'm going to run 3 heavy duty 110 dual outlet plugs off the old hot water heaters 20 amp fuse 14/3 wire. I don't want to have to buy orbuild a controller for just two 1k lights and have been told as long as nothing else is on a 20 amp 12/3 single pull 20 amp breaker, my plug in timer devices rated for 1875 watts will work. So if I run the lights using the 220 route my digital ballasts will run much cooler due to less amperage creating lless heat and wear and tear? But then im screwed because they don't make 220 timers huh? What about using a dryer plug that's running through one of those in the wall mountable timers? do they make anything like that for a 220? Please help. lol

You can buy a 220v 40 amp electric water heater timer for abut $35

I looked at doing this when I switched to 220 and then I realized my old timers were useless and I'd need new cords for the ballasts or else I'd have to get deeper into the DIY. I ended up just buying the new grow room timer and new cords for the ballasts.

I wonder, for two lights, if you could just strip the male end off your 110v ballast cables and wire both directly to the water heater timer.

You can buy a 220v 40 amp electric water heater timer for abut $35

I looked at doing this when I switched to 220 and then I realized my old timers were useless and I'd need new cords for the ballasts or else I'd have to get deeper into the DIY. I ended up just buying the new grow room timer and new cords for the ballasts.

I wonder, for two lights, if you could just strip the male end off your 110v ballast cables and wire both directly to the water heater timer.

That is exactly part of what I needed to know, Thank you very much!  That was music to my ears to finally know they make a 220 timer.  So do you think it would be ok to do the same thing I did when I installed the water heater and at the timer tie both lights together with something like a distribution block you use to install multiple amplifiers in a car audio stereo system. I was just worried I was going to have to buy a $200 controller to run two lights. Worst case scenario I'll run a separate 220 wire if I have to. The lights are only 10-12 feet from the breaker just like the water heater is. I do have the old 110 water heater wire already ran to this spot. The people who lived hear before me had a 110 15 amp breaker hooked up to a 220 water heater heater! I couldn't figure out why my electric was so much until that water heater was smoked and cracked at the seam. It was such a hassle to replace, but like I said I have this extra wire that looks like its a 14/3. Is that two small to use for one of the 220's if I end up having to go with two 220's from the breaker? I'm gonna look into that whole running 1 220 wire to run more than one light. You got a link for that timer?

the 12/3 you hooked up to the 30 amp breaker for your hot water tank is wrong. It should be 10/3...I'm not getting into the other questions you asked...HJ

Yes your right, I went and looked and it is 10/3 seoprene (think that's spelled right) wire. It has a big heavy black insulating jacket. I got this because it said it didn't need conduit & I originally planned on running it under the floor and stapling it up as I ran it. I decided to go ahead and run conduit just to be safe. It turned out great but what surprised me was that it was such a complain trying to pull that wire through the 3/4" ID conduit pieces. Plus it took a while just cutting off the jacket because I only have regular wire cutters. When I was done I had an electrician look it over before even turning the breaker on to the water heater. Now that it has the correct wiring and voltage the new dual element energy saver water heater works great.

220 timers are stacked on the shelf at Home Depot next to the 120 timers at the end of the aisle.

Yeah thanks I found them and got everything I needed to add 2 new breakers / two 220 plugs on there own dedicated 20 amp breaker (didn't get 30 dual poles because I was told on here that ballast run half the amps at 220 which isn't much, only like 4.5 - 5) and a new wire to run to one of the now extra 15 amp breaker. Including the wire the water heater was originally hooked up on that's not being used I'll end up with 2 15 amp breakers which I plan to wire into four 110 heaier than normal 2 plug industrial outlets mounted on the studs I used to box in the room and then I'll have two 220 wires (10/3) running to its own 220 plug where the timers will be and the lights will be plugged into those. Sine the room is boxed in with a 3" air gap all the normal plugs are covered basically and I don't have to run one screw into the actual house walls because everything gets mounted to the boxed in room studs or MDF board covering them. I took some extra time instead of just screwing all the 2 X 4's together like I normally would when building a room I drilled holes and used blots, nuts, and washers idea being (well hoping) that if and when I move I can take it all apart and neatly move it to the next house. Easier said then done, yeah I know. lol

wow, I spent 80 dollars, CAP eight light controller, works with two 120 timers to turn 2 separate banks of lights on and off, one veg, one flower. When I grew inside my house I wired in and replaced the thermostat for my powered couple lights. when I built the out door building I paid for a 50 amp spot to wire it for the full effect when needed.  boy, that was easy, and I didn't have to know a darn thing or even strip a wire!!  :P

wow, I spent 80 dollars, CAP eight light controller, works with two 120 timers to turn 2 separate banks of lights on and off, one veg, one flower. When I grew inside my house I wired in and replaced the thermostat for my powered couple lights. when I built the out door building I paid for a 50 amp spot to wire it for the full effect when needed.  boy, that was easy, and I didn't have to know a darn thing or even strip a wire!!  :P

grass:   they have those controllers at Home Depot?

OP:  No need to advertise.  Just drive around east detroit and sniff.  Many back yards are aromatic with 50-300 plants that have been outside since May 1.  How to distinguish the 'medical grower with exp' from those who are merely cash growers?  I've told you where the planters are-- you'll have to determine if they meet your definition.