Michigan Unemployment And Mmj

thanks nsnm8r.

It is about the truth of human nature.

I can make arguments on why the collapse of societies and individuslism has been a harsh player in creating the environment in which those commercials occur.

And yes,... I have a harsh, and unfortunately realistic view. :-)

We do the best we can to minimize those harsh realities by creating a societal structure to minimize them.

thanks nsnm8r.

It is about the truth of human nature.

I can make arguments on why the collapse of societies and individuslism has been a harsh player in creating the environment in which those commercials occur.

And yes,... I have a harsh, and unfortunately realistic view. :-)

We do the best we can to minimize those harsh realities by creating a societal structure to minimize them.

Mein Kampf was written to address the same thing - written by someone convinced THEY knew reality better than anyone else and could create a social structure to minimize them. That somehow THEY would become "WE" and the plan could be implemented.

I can make arguments on why the collapse of societies and collectivism has been a harsh player in creating the environment in which those conditions are prevalent.

Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Pol-Pot, Milosevic and Ho Chi Minh those are some of the heavy hitting collectivists of the 20th century. Who has ever been hurt by collectivist agendas?

Godwin's Law.

You lose... ;-p

I love it!

You win, I lose. darn.

Next topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

"I wanted folks who glibly compared someone else to Hitler or to Nazis to think a bit harder about the Holocaust", Godwin has written."

I didn't glibly compare it at all. I want people here to understand the effects of social engineers and think about what happened during the Holocaust and Kolyma because the "Society" was unified in determining what needed to happen next (under the direction of some of the "Super-smart" people who saw "reality" more clearly than everyone else of course).

Edited by YesMichigan

For those that take the time to look into human nature and all that and why true libertarianism doesn't work because of reality and human nature:

The next step after Tragedy of the commons and the prisoners dilemma would be Libido Dominandi.

These concepts are not easily portrayed in a single post and one must understand history, mankind and what makes us tick so to speak.

So,... those concepts are like Grade school concepts to see further into why some things work, some things don't and how most of the concepts have been used and proven wrong, right, fallible, infallible and how all of them deal with base human behavious and choices and their motivations.

Libertarianism and individualism are not the same thing. 

You are crossing concepts as one.

You are still trying to make me a "Libertarian" regardless of how many times I tell you I am not. I am no more a Libertarian than I am a Democrat or Republican. You need me to be a Libertarian for your straw man defense of Collectivist policies.

The beg me locked money boxes, like Lions Club, on the party store checkout counter.....are purchased.
The check, maybe for $300 tax deductible to the Club, for maybe three boxes, an identification card, and some blah blah.
the box is maintained by you(or often the investor, party store owner/family), and emptied and kept as you see fit, forever.

thought you should know.

Welcome to America :butt2:

Don't know and don't care butpuffer. My small mind has always been able to find or create a job so i've never had to ask for welfare. Maybe if the nanny state didn't offer it as an option people like you would sock away some cash and create your own safety net instead of depending on us small minded folks that work to provide it for you. Wealth is something that should be earned, not redistributed.

you didn't answer my question...lol..,as for myself i've never taken a dime in welfare,,worked for myself most of my life...i own everything i have and have all i want..i don't have kids or wife to worry about feeding.but it doesn't stop me from thinking that if it weren't for unemployment ,welfare and socal security the great resession would have been the great depression all over again...i don't think you realize how close we came to a complete colapse of the whole system and how many people would have suffered...in the past few years there have been many honest, hard working folks, needing help feeding their kids or keeping a roof over their heads standing in a line looking for help and i'm glad if they found it...like most folks i paid in more then i'll ever get back out but i was glad to help em when they needed it..just don't you ask...lol..bp   ps..i'm sorry i said you had a small mind,,,it's not the way to start a meaningful discussion..you have every right to your opinion nsmn8r..you heartless #$$%.. just kidding..lol..settle down...bp

Edited by budpuffer

Been there and done that too my friend. I am no stranger to pain. I was horizontal for most of 2007 with a blown out back.  Had a broken leg with no insurance in 2011.  That's where all that other stuff started.  The difference is that I got by with help from family and friends instead of the government.  I believe that's the way it should be.  We all take care of ourselves and our own and leave the government to do the few things it's supposed to do. 

If you find yourself in a bad situation and you don't have anyone in the world to help you out, you should look at the way you've lived your life.  Maybe when the welfare option is off the table more people will create their own safety nets by saving some money and taking care of those that may have to take care of them.

When you had a blown out back it got better. Imagine if it wouldn't have. Imagine if it was really cancer or some other disease. Imagine you have no family and your friends are broke too. Imagine that and realize that these folks are getting lumped in with the people you think should get kicked to the curb out of social programs set up to help them. 

I know you guys are never going to agree with me on this subject. If I'm getting what your saying.. You guys believe that big brother is supposed to take care of all of us while I believe the government is too corrupt and inept to handle it efficiently. You believe the human race is so greedy that we would all rather watch the unfortunate die in the streets than donate to charities that could actually help them while I believe more than enough people would donate more than enough money to provide those that are truly in need with everything that is needed with out the gun to their heads.

I'm not heartless. I'm just sick of the bull!#$. Just because I don't think the government should be doing something doesn't mean I don't think it should be done.

I'm having a hard time understanding how you people can have so much faith in this crookedass system and so little faith in people. I guess we were just raised differently.

I'm pretty sure the only political point we'll ever agree on is that no one should go to jail over a plant. But that's enough to make you guys ok in my book.

Edited by nsmn8r

I know you guys are never going to agree with me on this subject. If I'm getting what your saying.. You guys believe that big brother is supposed to take care of all of us while I believe the government is too corrupt and inept to handle it efficiently. You believe the human race is so greedy that we would all rather watch the unfortunate die in the streets than donate to charities that could actually help them while I believe more than enough people would donate more than enough money to provide those that are truly in need with everything that is needed with out the gun to their heads.

I'm not heartless. I'm just sick of the bull!#$. Just because I don't think the government should be doing something doesn't mean I don't think it should be done.

I'm having a hard time understanding how you people can have so much faith in this crookedass system and so little faith in people. I guess we were just raised differently.

I'm pretty sure the only political point we'll ever agree on is that no one should go to jail over a plant. But that's enough to make you guys ok in my book.

What charities are going to step in with my solid example of a human in need because of nothing he brought upon himself? Tell me how it's done. Show me the path.

For an interesting perspective on this debate read, Regulating the Poor: The Functions of Public Welfare .

The main premise of this book is that government provides aid for the poor to control political unrest and to control labor.

The book starts off by tracing the history and development of welfare in western civilization. Prior to the early 16th century, caring for the poor was considered to be primarily the responsibility of the church or of those of the more prosperous who tried to purchase their salvation through almsgiving. Leaving charity to the church meant that few received aid and those not necessarily according to their need. This increased social unrest so governments began to be involved in providing for the poor. This was done for two primary reasons: 1.) To control social order and 2.) To extol the virtue of labor even at the lowest wages by making the treatment of the destitute so punitive and degrading that the no one wants to descend into beggary and pauperism.