Outdoor 2015

Jid49217

Hey Jid, as a new grower tackling outdoor I concur with the suggestion of growing autoflowers.  I have grown those below and (high)ly recommend these from personal experience in a backyard where a crop of verdant, lush grass of got-to-mow-it-turf covered the yard the year before. I rented a heavy duty rototiller from Home Depot for a day ($80) and tore apart the sod then raked out the roots.  Direct-to-soil I planted seed from a seed run between seasons (but this is February so you have no choice due to lack of time, to order seeds and start them indoors) for a may outdoor planting.   

90 days, Dr. Greenthumbs ISS (aka iranian autoflower).   this pheno of Endless Sky is 8/10.  Transplanting even once makes it take longer than 90, like 127.  For a no-shock transplant, plant seeds into a plastic bag pot and remove the plastic cover from the soil plug with a red hot tool--careful don't touch the roots, just graze the plastic.  Drop the soil plug into your prepared hole outdoors.  Or cut the bottom off a beer cup, plant seed, don't plant the cup in the outdoor hole until the dirt is a solid plug, roots will come out the bottom, no problem.  4-6 oz.

72 days, Tha Shiznit (Shortstuff Seed Bank) about 1.4 times the potency of ISS and easier to grow and yields a pound and a half, cut over time. it is fine to let it stand and cut and take it in as you need meds.  If you are a beginning smoker this is not the one--ISS is beer, tha shiznit is 151 Everclear, straight.

60 days, Sour 60. Lots of phenos but all finish at 60.  3 oz.  average smoke and potency 7/10.  Lots of different flavors in the phenos.

For no mold spray Eagle 20 in the first week (I did).  For no spider mites and no bugs in general, spray Wipeout every 20 days.  3-4 oz.

Autos planted in soil where your healthy yard grew in recent years will do fine without any nutes added.  If you cannot stop from adding something, add water, but most years rainfall does the job in a stellar fashion.   

Edited by pic book

height also comes into play and it favors autos, in which 6 feet is a high enough roof.  the 20% of regular strains that are truly bushes will also work under that height.  But 80% of strains outdoors need 9 to 14 feet (and that is a tall tall roof to construct).  And a 12' stepladder is an awkward beast to maneuver in a grow, and results in broken branches, etc.

Edited by pic book

Smell is easily be controlled with the auto strain snow ryder from shortstuff seed bank.   Snow ryder smells like rotten mangoes, not like weed, and the stench of 72 of them in a yard?  Well peeps walk by a sidewalk the other side of the fence and have no idea there's weed here (one commented, dead animal).   Yield is only 2 oz and w/o dwc (yeah, outside dwc, not for the beginner), won't go heavier, the plant only 18", the smoke only a 7/10 but taste is fruity (thc 15%).

There may be other autos that are stealth smelling but SR is the only one i've run outdoors and know for sure it passes the smell test.  I'm doing a seed run in a closet now (2 plants), and no one else in the house knows it.  It's also a 'urine' run, since I don't want grow packages or bottles around, just using my own cut with water at 900 ppm.  What the hey, it's only seeds. 

Edited by pic book

Optimally I would like to go get some nice vegged plants from aanother paitent. Put them in nice and healthy after the frost. I've never personally messed with autoflowers. 3 foot holes, and just let those baby's grow. I have a lot of wood for fencing. I just need to plan everything out and decide weather it's a go big or go home situation. A full fenced in encloser is is going to be almost just as expensive for me with a larger grow as a smaller grow. I want to frame in a 20x20 and see what I can fit in there. Has anyone done it? My current caregiver was telling me about one township in Michigan giving out agricultural permits and letting people grow a very large crop. Because they where in compliance with the city and the state laws they wherent messed with at all. I'm going to have to find out more.

How can you keep bud fresh and wet for long periods of time without mold? Is it possible? Wet enough for no doubting that it's not usable.

Who has an outdoor planned for this year?

Optimally I would like to go get some nice vegged plants from another patent. Put them in nice and healthy after the frost. I've never personally messed with autoflowers. 3 foot holes, and just let those baby's grow. I have a lot of wood for fencing. I just need to plan everything out and decide weather it's a go big or go home situation. A full fenced in encloser is is going to be almost just as expensive for me with a larger grow as a smaller grow. I want to frame in a 20x20 and see what I can fit in there. 

Jid:  now you've got me thinking you didn't come here for advice, you didn't come here for info, you came to masturbate in public, fantasorially, hoping for a circle jerk with us about your super large outdoor grow in which you'll overgrow the county.  In your latest post you say what you planned to do all along.  In op you said you're a beginner outdoors, and it shows in your saying, 'Optimally I'd like to get some vegged plants from another patient.'   That's novel.  Blue Dream at 6 inches may 21 will be 14 foot tall oct. 13.  Likewise, Blue Dream at 4 feet may 21 will be 14 foot tall oct. 13.  Why spend to buy vegged plants?  For an outdoor grow it makes no sense.  The plant's genetic limit has 6 months to appear.  The sun determines harvest date.   Bigger plants don't finish quicker.  Sure, you can force them but then you've got to cover and uncover them making your whole enclosure light-tight for the 12 dark.  For that you need 4 foot commercial fans forcing air to move, move, move.  A huge electric billl.  Otherwise, mold.

You've never messed with autos, you say.  Disparaging the advice you asked for, cause you really were not asking.  You came here to tell us, to boast.

Whether a 20 x 20 or a 200 x 200, you can fit one Blue Dream every 90 square feet.  Other strains, and bushes, need 64 square feet.  'I want to see what I can fit in there,' means you will be unavoidably crowding plants (info--they start miniscule but grow giant)  which mean you can't get in the enclosure to maintain them.  Air don't flow.  They do get mold that won't stop, not with eaqle 20, fertilome, sulphur burners, or baking powder.   Hot moist moist air whacks the crop.  You'll end up cutting plants down, throwing them away, burning them with gas, moldy and botritisy.  Now you won't again 'see what I can fit in there.'

newbies often stroke the dream of gardening giant trees. After his first trial the learning begins. It happened with some of us too.

when I first moved my garden to an outside building that had a clear roof, 11 foot ceilings. The sun took over and unmanageable trees resulted.

It seemed to happen overnight. By the time I engaged the dark ceiling curtain to induce flowering it was too late. I had 60 days of ridiculous tending.

I was trimming the flowering garden with shrub shears, with no mind of yield, only taming the beasts.

The sweet smell of Chem permeated everything and was very expensive to control. I no longer support a clear roof or giants, and luckily am stuck with a lifetime supply of giant stink socks.    Have fun, learn much, stay safe and legal

Optimally I would like to go get some nice vegged plants from aanother paitent. ------ it's a go big or go home situation.

How can you keep bud fresh and wet for long periods of time without mold? Is it possible? Wet enough for no doubting that it's not usable.

First and foremost, to keep it legal, otherwise you're going to be another statistic giving all of the legal, well mannered caregivers/patients a (much still unneeded) bad name.

Second, there is no magical method to keeping your wet bud from molding, other than plenty of air movement and proper drying and curing, past that, there is nothing you can do: once your medicine has been cut from the drying line- bam, it is now usable in the eyes of most LEO, some may even claim that the drying material is "usable".

Third, you'd have to be bat shart crazy to think folk would be telling you about their scheduled grows in the public forum.  :yahoo-wave:

vge3Wn9.jpg

Edited by AbominableDro-Man

Well judging my your responses it's not going to work. I just wanted to see if anyone out there had used their mmma limits for an outdoor grow.

The fact that I am on a forum doesn't mean a thing, I wanted to do this all legal. If that's not possible then it won't happen. I love that we are a medical state, and loath the people who abuse it for personal gain.

Grassmatch, thank you, your responses have been realistic and informative. I like that idea for your smaller garden and training the plants. They look great.

A 20x20 is the largest area i would want to fence in. I want to see what I can fit realistically. I am not a novice. Over crowding wouldn't be a factor because I know that isn't realistic when dealing with mold and airflow issues.

No need for hostile responses, just here to bounce ideas around.

Edited by Jid49217

Optimally I would like to go get some nice vegged plants from aanother paitent. Put them in nice and healthy after the frost. I've never personally messed with autoflowers. 3 foot holes, and just let those baby's grow. I have a lot of wood for fencing. I just need to plan everything out and decide weather it's a go big or go home situation. A full fenced in encloser is is going to be almost just as expensive for me with a larger grow as a smaller grow. I want to frame in a 20x20 and see what I can fit in there. Has anyone done it? My current caregiver was telling me about one township in Michigan giving out agricultural permits and letting people grow a very large crop. Because they where in compliance with the city and the state laws they wherent messed with at all. I'm going to have to find out more.

I'd be asking your buddy some questions and going to his sources to verify. You will want to know more clearly if your local government acknowledges and accepts that twelve pounds on hand in October is okay. You have a commissioner on your local township or city council, would do well to put them to work getting the information you need, and sometimes they pay for the coffee.

Just because it's wet when they raid you doesn't mean it will be wet when it gets to court.

They used to like it wet because it added to the weight. Now they can let it dry out so it's "usable".

Last month, The guy in millington that was raided had his court day and the court ruled that the wet hanging stuff stuff wasn't usable and couldn't be used against dude.

MILLINGTON – The Michigan appeals court has overturned a drug conviction in Tuscola County, saying not all marijuana is equal, especially in a medical marijuana case.

Sheriff’s deputies found marijuana in Johnnie Randall’s pickup truck and dozens of plants at a building in Millington, 30 miles northeast of Flint. He was accused of possessing too much pot by weight, despite having a medical marijuana card and permission to grow pot for others.

But the appeals court says only a portion of the marijuana was dried and usable. The court says Judge William Caprathe also was wrong to use the weight of leftover stems and stalks.

In a 3-0 decision, the court scratched Randall’s conviction this week.

http://www.battlecre...court/21852363/

I know several people with large outdoor grows in locked, enclosed facilities.  Yes they are over when harvest happens.  They dont run around yapping their mouth about it.  They don't have any problems and one of them was visited by the MSP last summer.  MSP complemented him on how well he was following the act.  He had 40 monsters that were 8-10' tall.

Edited by garyfisher

while its hanging would it count as a plant count or dried usable marijuana ?

Im quoting this because of the court of appeals ruling I just attached above as well as this ole one from 2011.

If you are going to do an outdoor grow and harvest all at once, the best way to do it is chop it all down and hang it.  Do not remove buds from stems.  hang the whole tree upside down.

January 18, 2011 - http://macombdaily.c...iewmode=default

By Carol Hopkins - For The Macomb Daily

A case involving medical marijuana found in a barn has been dismissed in Genesee County.

The case of Chason William-Gregory Pointer of Clarkston began when an Oakland County Narcotics Enforcement Team arrested Pointer in October 2009. Officers found marijuana and growing equipment in Pointer's barn in Genesee County.

Pointer was charged with unlawful manufacture of marijuana contrary to the Medical Marijuana Act.

The Oakland County Sheriff's Office was closed Monday for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.

Genesee Circuit Judge Geoffrey Neithercut dismissed the case against Pointer, who had a state medical marijuana card on Jan. 14, saying the prosecutors failed to show evidence that Pointer had more than 2.5 ounces of usable marijuana.

The court's opinion indicated that instead of presenting the marijuana in its "processed and usable form, the Prosecutor brought in a very large quantity of unprocessed marijuana well in excess of 2.5 ounces, and said a jury could infer a percentage of usable material."

Neithercut said, "There was no need of the jury to infer the weight of usable (marijuana). The prosecutor and law enforcement had the unprocessed marijuana and could have processed it down to a useable form ... and presented that as evidence."

He continued, "(The) Prosecutor made a tactical decision to sway the jury with large bags of unprocessed and legally meaningless marijuana refuse instead."

I'd like to see a bunch of hams processing 72 outdoor trees.  I wonder how long it would take them....  =)

Edited by garyfisher