Medical Marajuana Bills Being Reintroduced This Session!

The dispensaries you go to will be put out of business too! This is not about mom and pop operations, this is big money getting a jump on things.

Prairie Plant took our politicians to Canada to show them their monopolization there and told them how much money they could put in the State coffers. That bill, sponsored by the most vehement critic of cannabis, passed in record time. When it's rescheduled by the Feds these guys will hit the ground running.

The little guys will be squeezed out. Everything will need to be irradiated or exorbitant fees charged for licenses. Some new requirements that can't be met by the average person.

Home grows will be illegal so the court/prison system will be business as usual. You'll have to buy from government sanctioned suppliers. Everyone else will be a black market criminal. "Tax and regulate just like alcohol." Distilling your own whisky is illegal remember? Just like alcohol you'll have to buy it at the corner store.

Prairie Plant is actually a relatively small company to some of the players.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows."

http://mmjbusinessdaily.com/experts-big-tobacco-pharma-alcohol-coming-for-marijuana-industry/

So if these bills go thru before it's rescheduled, they should be out in the open and fine to run alongside that grandmother's supply system who wants their drugs at rite aid group.  As long as dispenses and caregivers and current patients keep together....

I'm not against prarie plant if grandmas want to go there, i'm against us loosing our grow rights.  This is an herbal remedy and can be made into different meds by seperating CBD for kids.  I'm for everything as long as everyone has a chance.  I know what people will choose, most at least, they already are.  I see how people want to take away my most comfortable system, why would I want to force a parent to get CBD meds outside of a lab if that's what they want.

Edited by Norby

http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1163401

“That’s something that is worthwhile looking into as long as the concerns for law enforcement and local government, and health departments are taken into account because there are a lot of serious issues for all of those entities,” said Bill Vailliencourt, Chairman for the Michigan Medical Marijuana Committee.

who? what? mmm committee ? where?

Callton’s measure also states that provisioning centers can supply marijuana products but that they can’t be used on site. It also give cities, villages, and townships the option to only allow a certain number of provisioning centers, or to ban them entirely.

Many lawmakers feel these are good steps to making improvements in the state but say there are still other changes that they’d like to see.

According to Vailliencourt, under current law people who are registered in the system as patients or caregivers are allowed to have certain amounts of medical marijuana to use for medical conditions.

But he says there are some issues within the law that allow those who are not patients or caregivers to still use defenses for criminal charges involving marijuana.

“One of the problems with the system is you’ve got this regulated scheme where you have to be registered,” said Vailliencourt. “But you’re also allowed to assert an affirmative defense to a criminal charge. And so that creates issues for law enforcement when determining whether what is going on is actually medical use or something that is just being used as a cover for illegal trafficking.”

what the flower does this mean?

“We want to help those who are going through a difficult time,” said Attorney General Bill Schuette. “And we’ve all experienced loved ones who have gone through their end years. It’s been really tough. I’ve done that. But at the same time I don’t think we want to put more drugs in the hands and have greater access to drugs for children.”

The two bill package is expected to be introduced in the house on Tuesday.

oh , you're gonna see some bunny muffin on tuesday... Edited by t-pain

so William J. Vailliencourt, Livingston County Prosecuting Attorney is the head of the committee ? how is a prosecutor head of a legislative committee ?

http://articles.southbendtribune.com/2013-05-05/news/39047233_1_medical-marijuana-marijuana-use-substance-abuse

Prosecuting Attorneys' Association of Michigan's medical marijuana committee

ah.

Edited by t-pain

the lyons bill removes protections for caregivers for having any amount of marihuana, like patients are afforded in 4a by adding the word 'usable' before marihuana in 4b.

This subsection applies only if the primary caregiver possesses A TOTAL amount of USABLE marihuana AND USABLE MARIHUANA EQUIVALENTS that does not exceed ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:

but i guess, it then adds it back in section 4e2 (previously 4d2)

(2) IS in possession of an amount of marihuana OR USABLE MARIHUANA AND USABLE MARIHUANA EQUIVALENTS that does not exceed the amount allowed under this act.

also, apparently they are using the MMMP fund fees to make the dispensary database.

i am not seeing any problems with it i guess.

aside from plant resin and extractions not being defined

but its early so i am open to interpretations.

Edited by t-pain

onto calltons revised bill:

(f) "medical marihuana" means marihuana for medical use as that term is defined in section 3 of the michigan medical marihuana act, MCL 333.26423.

what? "medical marihuana" and "marihuana for medical use" is not defined in 333.26423, nor the lyons bill. "marihuana" is defined in the act as the PHC definition and "medical use" was renamed "medical use of marihuana" in the lyons bill.

hah calltons bill still has "and any mixture or preparation thereof" in its definition of usable marihuana. lyons bill removes that from the MMMA act.

"a provisioning center shall not operate unless its agents are residents and have been michigan residents for at least 2 years."

haha, no green rush here. nice. puremichigan!

it would be nice if the safety compliance facility agents had the same requirement.... flower "the werc shop".

all your sales and purchases at the dispensary will be put in the confidential connected database so stores cannot sell you more than your limit. btw this confidential database is open to court orders who will, i'm sure, be looking to see how much you bought near that date that you wrecked your car. or maybe how much you purchased and sold while asking your connected patients questions about supply problems? hmmmm many questions here.

Edited by t-pain

"and any mixture or preparation thereof" in its definition of usable marihuana. lyons bill removes that from the MMMA act.

Why take that out? Because they know the Supreme Court will eventually make our medibles/oils/tinctures legal like the law says. At least the law we had said that before they opened it and took away some of our most valuable protections. I knew they were in it to mess with us and not help us broaden the Act. They just want to shrink it. I've been proven right already and this is just the opening salvo of attempts to limit the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act. I know their intent and this proves it. 

"and any mixture or preparation thereof" in its definition of usable marihuana. lyons bill removes that from the MMMA act.

Why take that out? Because they know the Supreme Court will eventually make our medibles/oils/tinctures legal like the law says. At least the law we had said that before they opened it and took away some of our most valuable protections. I knew they were in it to mess with us and not help us broaden the Act. They just want to shrink it. I've been proven right already and this is just the opening salvo of attempts to limit the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act. I know their intent and this proves it. 

Sounds like you are having a happy day!

good for you!

Peace

Nothing could be more contrary to the law we legislated. To insist we cannot eat the stuff except as whole leaves and flowers is patently ridiculous on its face.

i believe the any preparation is taken out because its replaced by the edibles limits which are

16 oz of solid

72 of liquid

and the gaseous lol.. please lets not fight about what gaseous is again.

wax shatter hash are all solids last tiem i looked.

oil, tincture, balms are liquids as far as i can tell too.

gaseous would be some kind of aeresol product, maybe a breath spray or inhaler.

Edited by t-pain

its still strange that they want to rename "medical marihuana" to "medical use of marihuana" even though its the "michigan medical marihuana act" ;)

who knows man. i'll have to review more of calltons bill later. gotta run

oh and thanks to everyone that fixed up 5104. got rid of that edible packaging stuff , whoohoooo

Edited by t-pain