Can Some Help Me Write A Letter?

Norby

I'm terrible, if you haven't noticed by my posts, at getting my point across eloquently when I'm passionate and angry about something.  I get frustrated and can't keep coherent thought let alone phrase things well.

So I'd like to get my thoughts out in this thread and either use it to form my letter or have someone help with the final draft.

Any input is appreciated and any parts are up to being used elsewhere.

So I have had to rely on dispensaries since I got here for THC meds and more recently for CBD meds and genetics.  Caregivers would not have taken me on to purchase so little since I wouldn;t have been able to give up my grow rights in the beginning. More recently I wouldn't have been able to get a caregiver to purchase so few CBD meds and a couple clones over an extended period.  So I've relied on dispensaries numerous times since I've been here and continue to rely on them.  Most caregivers do not grow hi CBD meds at this point and dispensaries are the best way to spread the genetics and benefits of CBD.

If left to a dispensary only model, you are putting all your eggs in one basket.  The use of chemicals to secure a monoculture as large as that is insured.  The model of letting caregivers do limited amounts not only helps the economy of MI moreso since more people would be involved to specialize, it also better fits into the laws of nature by having secure gardens spread out more and the ability of a pest to wipe thru reduced tremendously.  The care by splitting it up and having individuals responsible for their meds spreads out the work and gives the better attention and relationship the patients and plants deserve. 

Dispensaries would serve more low use patients since there is a hindrance to accomodating people who use much less with the limit of having 5 patients.  The quality of medicine would go up if patients were able to more easily choose their meds rather than being forced into a single relationship with a caregiver.  The ability to find strains that work well for each patietn would be reduced if they could try more than the few strains their caregiver grows.  Some caregivers focus on indicas when CBD strains and staivas may better benefit a patient.  This would give better tools to the patient and caregiver to get the patient the meds they need.  Some caregivers don't make medibles and with the weight limits as they are currently and the weighing of the whole medible, I don't blame them.  Some just aren't good at making oils and medibles or just don't want to.  This would give the patients better access to what they need rather than being kept in the dark or being forced to switch and hope the next one matches well, if they can find them.  Caregivers who make medibles may get taken up so that patietns who want them can't get them.

I'll add more later, I can only take so much at a time.

Dear Rep,

I don't trust the medical cannabis bills to do what they say they are going to do because the legislature changes the wording at the last minute to say whatever law enforcement wants them to say. So please vote no on any bill made to amend the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act because it's a true Michigan Miracle for a patient to be able to grow for themselves in their home. We have heard the statements made by the bill sponsor against home grows in communities so we understand his intent. Please keep the Act intact the way it was voted on by the voters of Michigan.  

Sincerely,

A Medical Cannabis Patient who loves to grow his own at his home in a Michigan community. 

...and allow me to legally;

produce and supply cannabis concentrates as preparations thereof.

sell/trade with  dispensaries when I have excess produce

allow me to transfer rare genetics to a dispensary for distribution.

please

Norby, I hear you. I do not regularly grow cbd plants, and have had to pass on patients that required only small amounts occasionally. If legal I would frequent dispensaries in many cities in search of elite cuts, seeds, and laboratory testing.

I was always writing angry stuff, some one told me to read my posts before I press post, alot of times I just wrote what I wanted to say or thought I wrote what I wanted to say and wound up deleting it, I can under stand your writing very well, might I suggest the same as what some one told me, not only will you some times not post but you will find alot of your spelling farts lol!

I go into my yahoo email acct and write a letter and put it in drafts untill I can make sure it looks good and gets my point across, you seem to be a smart guy norby, I dont see the problem you speak of with your writing, you come across very good in here!

I hope this helps!

Peace

Thanks Phaq, seems I've reached the limit on thanks for the day, so thanks. 

Probably comes from my father.  I once brought him a practice spelling test set 2 grades higher than my level on which I got a 98, highest in the class by far.  I showed it to him and he gave it back saying I got 1 wrong.  Bring it back when you get them ALL right.  My mom yelled at him for setting the bar to perfection and never giving me credit unless I reached it(which I never did).  Then he died while I was 18 and still in that mindset, so he wasn't able to "turn it off" by finally congratulating me on something.  So I guess i have a bad view of myself and accomplishments because of it.  I can never "judge" if i did good enough. It's helped me go beyond and accomplish more than a lot of people but depression has it's downfalls too.

Either way thanks.  That's kinda what I'm trying to do here, get my thoughts together write a bunch of points and get points from others to include for a final draft.

80% of our prescription meds come from India and China where there are known counterfeit markets.  So don't give me that Pharmaceuticals are safe in any way.  Not to mention toxic reactions from pharmaceuticals  There are more studies from other countries about MJ than most drugs on the market.  Mj is the only drug that has thousands of years of clinical trials(real life) with no attributable deaths from overdose.  It is safer than aspirin or coffee as it is non-toxic.  So control should not be up to you it should be up to the user, as it is now, to procure from any source they deem necessary. By allowing dispensaries, home grows and the ability for a person(patient, caregiver or dispensary) to transfer meds to a lab for any testing the patient(final consumer) may deem necessary, you are further helping patients.

I most def see the need for despenses for pt's that have no other place to get their meds, It would also be good for c.g and pt growers to bring their overages so they can recoup their costs and pass the savings on to their pt's!

A pt can have a c.g and still purchase from a despense, even today knowing despenses are ilegal, but a pt can get their meds from people other than their c.g's, so a pt can always go to a despense if their c.g does not have what they need at that time, mean while the c.g can obtain the strain for that pt so the pt can come back to c.g and get their meds cheaper, I know their are c.g's who charge more than what some pt's would be willing to pay, but their are also c.g's who always give their pt's the best price and they make sure they have enough for that pt, while they supply some overages to the despense for other pt's and for them selves to recapture some of the funds that come from the familys budget to grow mm!

No matter what people think it is expensive to grow mm quality meds! it takes personal time, no vacations if you follow the law and dont use some one to watch your garden (which is ilegal) there is no vacations, maybe a 3 day weekend, but if your far away from home and somthing happens, by the time you get home you may have put your self 3 months behind!

I know that if something can go wrong it will, lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,that has been my life since may of 98 when I became disabled in the prime of my life!

bottom line is as long as pt's and c.g's can still have home grows, I have no prob with depsenses, I feel they would do a great service to all involved in a perfect world, unfortunatly we dont live in a perfect world!

Peace

Your view on Med MJ seem to be very Stalinesque with a little 3rd Reich and Red China thrown in.  I have been using MJ medically since age 12.  I have taken personal responsibility for my health most of my life, that should be right in form with the Republican party line, personal responsibility, for their health and their medicine.  I'm very surprised the party takes the stance it does.  The only problems i've encountered were at the hands of law enforcement.  I have been able to avoid pharmaceutical drugs my whole life and have gotten better than I have ever been in my life since I have moved to Mi and been able to make medibles and explore what strains work for me(which is why I wholeheartedly support hb 55??, the medibles bill, it is TRULY needed).  I urge you to let the people have what they want.  They vote with their dollar every day.  Dispensaries are already running and most people think they are legal and also thought they were voting for dispensaries because of Shuette's or Snyders campaign when the law was voted in that a vote for the law is a vote for dispensaries. They are an integral part of making the whole system work best FOR THE PEOPLE.  The police are employed by WE THE PEOPLE.  They are supposed to ENFORCE the laws, not MAKE the laws.  It is in their best interest to still be able to ARREST medical patients.  Their interests are AGAINST the will of the people.  If there are break ins because of MJ it is because IT IS NOT LEGAL.  No one breaks into places to steal alcohol or cigarettes.  You are creating the problem.  All for plant that has been part of civilization for thousands of years.  The seeds of the hemp plant have more amino acids needed by humans for regular cell functions than any other plant on earth.

I've learned a lot in teh year that I've been here, about Mi law and politics.  I will not stop until the law is working the best it can for the most people and this letter sums up how and why I think this way.  I owe my good life to the ability to use MJ as medicine and i won't stop fighting till the persecution ends!

Edited by Norby

Maybe you just don't understand the implications.  There are people dying everyday that can be helped/possibly saved by cannabis.  My father could've been helped by CBD's ability as a vasodilator and it's calming affect.  My mother could be helped by THC and CBD since she had/has colorectal cancer.  A friend from NY died from pancreatic cancer a year before I moved here which I've found MJ has shown great promise on teh aggressive forms of pancreatic cancer, which he had.  A friend is moving here to help himself with the pain from type 2 diabetes and the pain from gout amongst other health problems.  Your actions and the republican parties action have major implications on the health and safety of all MI residents.  Studies have shown, just as with alcohol and prohibition, that legitimizing and mainstreaming things decreases the use by people who are underage. 

Note to self, work on this one. :)

Edited by Norby

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S TU V W X Y Z

Those are all the letters I'm aware of in English. I can't write J's or G's very well (I can print them). Writing is hard, they are phasing out cursive and I'll admit mine is poor.

I know this isn't what you meant but I'm in a goofy mood and figured I'd mess with you some.

Don't doubt yourself at all. You have the message you want and write very well. You sum up patient need eloquently and the daily struggle where real lives are being compromised each day because effective medicinal relief isn't available. You got this in your own voice.

Ya, I'm starting to think it was all teh b vits and candida that exacerbated my fathers "teachings".  It's a letter to a politician, probably won't even read it.  Don't know why I was so intimidated.  I'll write some of what's in here and not worry too much about it.  Every time I get better I realize a little more that things don't matter the way I blew them up in my head.  Thanks for the encouragement though. :)

I start with an outline of my speaking points and try to stick to only 1 or 2 key points per letter.

After I have my outline done, I then begin the phrasing process.  Once I am satisfied with

my content and phrasing, that is the letter I send to all of them :)

I was really nervous the 1st. time I wrote also Norb, then I realized that they are just people too :)

ALSO, our reps really do need to hear from their constituents, I have heard this repeatedly from

reps I've spoken with, otherwise they are really in the dark.  How can they know what we want if

we don't tell them?  The media ?

I feel it is not only our right, but our responsibility to contact them and have found it easier each time.

I also feel a handwritten letter carries more 'weight' maybe, dunno... maybe I am just old school.

Emails imho, can be too easily ignored or deleted or..

You can do it Norb :)  We all can.

I don't know if letters will help.  I'll write but the more I see, it's not the lack of us telling them our views.  It's lack of a spine to stick up for anyone without money fighting for their rights.  No amount of letters can teach these bastages how to represent their people if they can't see it.

The good ones have no power right now. They write you back and say they understand your position but there's not a whole lot they can do from their position of weakness because of how WE voted. You can't effect a vote on a law when you are out numbered 3 to 1 by conservatives who are controlled by law enforcement. If you feel frustrated then don't vote conservative next cycle. That's the only good advice anyone can give you.

I don't know if letters will help.  I'll write but the more I see, it's not the lack of us telling them our views.  It's lack of a spine to stick up for anyone without money fighting for their rights.  No amount of letters can teach these bastages how to represent their people if they can't see it.

Man, I worked in sales and frequented singles bars as a young guy. The point is that you won't get the result you're looking for every time, or for that matter most of the time, but when you hit the sweet spot it is sooo great. Persistence is a valuable resource that we have, if only we use it. Don't give up Norby.

Edited by GregS

Thank Jahova Resto wasn't at the Alamo.  Texas would be a very different place today.

All that's needed is some organization and a plan.  It's organization that's the tough part.  It's will that succeeds not #'s.

What frustrates me is that this is America.  All the talk of freedom and both parties want nothing more than to subjugate.  It should be that the choice doesn't matter once it gets down to 2 people for the job.  They should both equally fight against oppression and persecution.  Instead tehy each take a side of oppression and persecution.

Please don't let me discourage your mission of doom there Resto.

I'm one of the few that does write letters. Who have you written? 

Thank you for contacting me about House Bill 4271, which would allow municipalities to license medical marijuana dispensaries in their jurisdictions. I apologize for the delay in answering your letter. I received a great deal of correspondence on this topic, and I want to take time to make sure that everyone gets the thoughtful reply they deserve.

HB 4271 was introduced in response to a Michigan appeals court decision that prohibited patient-to-patient sales and authorized municipalities to shut down dispensaries as public nuisances. The medical marijuana amendment to the Michigan constitution does not explicitly provide for dispensaries.

I support the rights of medical marijuana patients and caregivers, as guaranteed under the state constitution.  That is the main reason I co-sponsored this bill. Many witnesses have given moving testimony at recent hearings as to why they need dispensaries. They need a reliable supply of lab-tested marijuana medications, and many of them are too sick or inexperienced to produce their own medications. Even established providers can suffer crop failures that interrupt the supply of needed medication. Dispensaries fill a vital need for these patients, and HB 4271 would provide some protection for dispensaries under state law.

I understand that you and many others in the medical marijuana community are concerned about protecting the autonomy of home growers, worrying that vertical integration (dispensaries controlling marijuana production from seed to sale) will put caregivers at a competitive disadvantage. My colleagues and I will continue to work during the committee process to ensure that the bill is narrowly written and does not impair the constitutionally protected role of caregivers. Nothing in the current bill would prevent caregivers from growing marijuana as they do now, nor would it force patients to buy from dispensaries. If, as you fear, dispensaries raise prices to unaffordable levels, then customers will go elsewhere. If caregivers are producing better marijuana at better prices, they will be able to compete with dispensaries for patients. Patients will have more options, not fewer.

HB 4271 is currently in the House Judiciary Committee, and I will support it unless I receive compelling new information to the contrary. If you know of any specific way in which HB 4271 would harm home growers of medical marijuana, I would like to know about it so that I have the full picture. I always take constituent opinions into account when considering legislation.

Thank you again for taking the time to advocate on this issue.

Sincerely,

Jeff Irwin

Newly single with time on my hands, I plan to get busy with head to head work with key players. I'll be starting trigger point injections very soon that are intended to get me off my fat azz. For years it was impossible to make commitments and/or leave the house. It's been fun calling and writing, and occasionally meeting with people, but this will be more effective. I will expect friends here to accompany me. After all, I'll need someone to buy me lunch.

Edited by GregS