City Ordinance Of Roseville

StevieJ

Hello im new here and am a caregiver, I just recently relocated to Roseville and just wondering if anybody knows what their regulations are for a caregiver growing in the house, the basement is a locked area, but I did not section off the walls for seperate rooms, any help will be greatly appreciated thank you

the local city ordinances do not apply to MMMA patients and caregivers.

its best if you lock the room or plants up so that no one else can access (touch) the plants except you. and keep the door locked, an easy way is to put an automatic closer on the door to the basement , and then have the doorknob automatically lock when shut. that way if you go to answer the front door of your house... your basement door will automatically shut and lock.

if you have other people in your house that need access to the basement, consider putting the plants in an enclosed dog kennel fence with lock. that way they cannot touch the plants (only the fence) and its all locked and secured.

Perfect tpain I appreciate ur help, no body will have access to the plants only myself with the basement main door locked at all times, another question is, if I get inspected by the city for normal checkup routine while all my equipment is being put to use, what's the gray area and possibilities they can use against me? I believe the city of Roseville inspects every two years for the city's safety

if I get inspected by the city for normal checkup routine while all my equipment is being put to use, what's the gray area and possibilities they can use against me?

just let them in. show em your cards and the guy should be ok with it. many people have passed city inspections ok with no trouble.

make sure of course that if you install any lights that a qualified electrician did it. so you dont have any code violations like using extension cords or water near power outlets etc.

Perfect tpain I appreciate ur help, no body will have access to the plants only myself with the basement main door locked at all times, another question is, if I get inspected by the city for normal checkup routine while all my equipment is being put to use, what's the gray area and possibilities they can use against me? I believe the city of Roseville inspects every two years for the city's safety

"normal checkup routine" from the city ?  really ?

Yeah . . . W T F you talkin' 'bout ?

I appreciate ALL YOURE HELP and the city from what I heard from the landlord any new tenants that move in has to get inspected before moved in or during move in for one last inspection. Beats the hell out of me but this is what they have told me. I appreciate all you folks hope, let's all have a blessed year

Please be sure your landlord is OK with your grow. We have seen a lot of bad outcomes when a landlord discovers a grow. Some members here have posted such stories. One thing that concerns me is that you are the only person who can legally access your grow, yet your landlord can access the house. So be extra careful to keep things locked up. And like others have said, be mindful of making alterations to the house without a permit. Generally, an owner/occupant can get away with more alterations to plumbing, electrical etc. than could a renter or landlord. The last thing you need is to have an inspector come in and make a big fuss over un-permitted work and possibly compromise your grow.

A couple of years ago I was in a township building department office in Genesee County. I overheard the building inspector saying that he was going to have a rental house condemned because the basement walls were leaking severely, there was no sump in the basement, and the occupants were growing MMJ and had extension cords running all over the basement floor. He said something like "it's their right to grow MJ, but that place is a fire waiting to happen."

Just a few things to think about. Best of luck.

Hello and welcome :yahoo-wave:

I live in a City and I have rental inspections every 2 years.  I thought it was the standard.

My landlord knows nothing of my activities and I intend to keep it that way.

I will also have no evidence of growing once I receive notice of an inspection.

That is my choice for my situation.

Best

sure, rental inspections are standard in some areas. But "caregiver/grower specific inspections ?

I smell a weary landlord in this ops concern.