Craig's List Dealing Help

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/02/michigan_state_police_opens_br.html

The Brighton Post of the Michigan State Police will be available to the public to conduct business transactions, Post Commander F/Lt. Joel Allen announced in a release Thursday. The police made the decision to open the lobby and parking lot as safe locations for business as a response to crimes made against people who thought they were going to be a part of a sales transaction. The region has seen multiple people victimized by assailants posing as sellers or buyers on the website Craigslist and other third-party transaction sites.

A man posing as a Craigslist buyer attempted three armed robberies in Ypsilanti Township in late 2014 and early 2015. One of those robberies was an aborted attempt after a man with terminal cancer stood up to the suspect and refused to cooperate or hand over any money. According to the release from the Michigan state Police, a couple in Georgia was recently killed after attempting to buy a vehicle advertised on Craigslist.

The Brighton post at 4337 Buno Road has been offered as a safe space in the past to those who have called and expressed concern over meeting a stranger to do business, but the service was not public knowledge. The post's office is open Monday through Friday--except holidays--from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. The post's parking lot has 24-hour video surveillance. Questions can be directed to the Brighton post of the Michigan State Police at 810-227-1051.

sounds like a cool thing for the officers to do. I hope they don't make patients feel uncomfortable during their meetings.

I'll admit when delivering to a (great) patient in Flint, I met him directly across the street or right next door to the police station. It seemed like the safest place I could find off of the freeway.

sounds like a cool thing for the officers to do. I hope they don't make patients feel uncomfortable during their meetings.

I'll admit when delivering to a (great) patient in Flint, I met him directly across the street or right next door to the police station. It seemed like the safest place I could find off of the freeway.

So smoking is prohibited but "medical use" (transferring) is not. So the State Police will provide security for Registered Patients and their Registered Caregivers to transfer Marihuana. Really no connection to Craig's List except the article illuminated the Post's Policy on using their parking lot and facility. Good place to meet halfway for some.

333.26427 Scope of act; limitations.

7. Scope of Act.

Sec. 7. (a) The medical use of marihuana is allowed under state law to the extent that it is carried out in accordance with the provisions of this act.

(b) This act shall not permit any person to do any of the following:

(1) Undertake any task under the influence of marihuana, when doing so would constitute negligence or professional malpractice.

(2) Possess marihuana, or otherwise engage in the medical use of marihuana:

(A) in a school bus;

(B) on the grounds of any preschool or primary or secondary school; or

© in any correctional facility.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28mt3bx5ndksmsdr45apakbp2g%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-333-26427

sounds like a safe place for unregistered transfers too maybe?   who's checking cards anyways?   heck, maybe set up a farmers market right there in the parking lot!!! whats the difference if they support craigslist right?   maybe they could sell baked goods at the same time, and charge table fees too!!! on to something I think

sounds like a safe place for unregistered transfers too maybe?   who's checking cards anyways?   heck, maybe set up a farmers market right there in the parking lot!!! whats the difference if they support craigslist right?   maybe they could sell baked goods at the same time, and charge table fees too!!! on to something I think

24 Hour Surveillance sounds pretty good now doesn't it? 7-11 should set up shop...

Any miscreant can destroy the best of intentions. Look at how the courts and LEO have interpreted the MMMA. "mixture or preparation thereof..."

Yeah I'm thinking they don't mean mmj transactions.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/02/michigan_state_police_opens_br.html

The Brighton Post of the Michigan State Police will be available to the public to conduct business transactions, Post Commander F/Lt. Joel Allen announced in a release Thursday. The police made the decision to open the lobby and parking lot as safe locations for business as a response to crimes made against people who thought they were going to be a part of a sales transaction. The region has seen multiple people victimized by assailants posing as sellers or buyers on the website Craigslist and other third-party transaction sites.

A man posing as a Craigslist buyer attempted three armed robberies in Ypsilanti Township in late 2014 and early 2015. One of those robberies was an aborted attempt after a man with terminal cancer stood up to the suspect and refused to cooperate or hand over any money. According to the release from the Michigan state Police, a couple in Georgia was recently killed after attempting to buy a vehicle advertised on Craigslist.

The Brighton post at 4337 Buno Road has been offered as a safe space in the past to those who have called and expressed concern over meeting a stranger to do business, but the service was not public knowledge. The post's office is open Monday through Friday--except holidays--from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. The post's parking lot has 24-hour video surveillance. Questions can be directed to the Brighton post of the Michigan State Police at 810-227-1051.

Where does this say anything about caregivers and cannabis?  They are talking about normal (non drug) transactions....HJ

Where does it not say anything about caregivers and cannabis? According to the MMMA this would be a normal transaction fully sanctioned by law to be conducted there.

If it has no connection to caregivers or cannabis then we would have to chastise the OP for posting it in "Patient Issues" of a MM forum.

oooh ooh ooh lets do our mm deals in the po po parking lot, bawahahahahaha!  You know I bet some idiot will do that with mj instead of a couch or car or whatever! lmao

Peace im off the to cop shop for an oz!

THIS IS A JOKE ^^^^^^^^^ PLEASE DONT DO MM SALES IN PO PO'S PARKING LOT!!!!!!!

I'm a patient and it is an issue to consider if you are like me. I'm not sure I would use the lobby but the parking lot would be OK. I buy a lot of stuff off of Craigs and I usually use a 7 11 or McDonalds to meet up.  If you don't use Craigs then it's not an issue for you. Many do. It's a great service for every community in Michigan. Nice to have a place to meet where you have very little chance of being mugged. 

THIS IS A JOKE ^^^^^^^^^ PLEASE DONT DO MM SALES IN PO PO'S PARKING LOT!!!!!!!

So Medical patients aren't entitled to the same protections as other citizens? A person finds a new caregiver on Craig's list. Goes through the process of registering. All paperwork is complete, the first transfer requires a place to meet. Were that my situation this sounds like the safest option as long as the rules of Section 4 and the MMMA are followed.

If not then this defeats GM's "Most Stupidest thread ever" and requires immediate deletion like that one did.

Serve and Protect. This would be a positive step if the State Police specifically stated they would help facilitate State Law for patient benefit. I'm an idealist though who thinks they are required by law to do their job.

So Medical patients aren't entitled to the same protections as other citizens? A person finds a new caregiver on Craig's list. Goes through the process of registering. All paperwork is complete, the first transfer requires a place to meet. Were that my situation this sounds like the safest option as long as the rules of Section 4 and the MMMA are followed.

If not then this defeats GM's "Most Stupidest thread ever" and requires immediate deletion like that one did.

Serve and Protect. This would be a positive step if the State Police specifically stated they would help facilitate State Law for patient benefit. I'm an idealist though who thinks they are required by law to do their job.

You just go ahead and do your thing! wtf when god said this is the line for trains did you think he said brains?

sounds like a safe place.  heck, maybe set up a farmers market right there in the parking lot!!! and charge table fees too!!! on to something I think

so convenient if the post recycles their table fees into donuts for the post.  remember fellas, add coffee to your offerings. 

Edited by pic book

Where does this say anything about caregivers and cannabis?  They are talking about normal (non drug) transactions....HJ

Right. Everything. Apparantly a lot of folks are ignorant about Craigs List. It has everything including services offered with free ads. I have found some very hard working contractors on there. Car parts. Grow lights and equipment. Antiques. Everything but a secure place to meet. You have to get creative about that part. Thought this would help. A State Police parking lot might be perfect for some transactions.

Right. Everything. Apparantly a lot of folks are ignorant about Craigs List. It has everything including services offered with free ads. I have found some very hard working contractors on there. Car parts. Grow lights and equipment. Antiques. Everything but a secure place to meet. You have to get creative about that part. Thought this would help. A State Police parking lot might be perfect for some transactions.

I have protection in the small of my back! and I dont want it to be video taped bawahahahaha!

I have to be honest, I have never been on craigs list, I used to be a power seller on ebay, all I know about craigslist is what ive read in here and seen on the news or the movie they made about it lmao!

I guess I should check it out,,,,im thinking my lady could use a break, I heard I can even get laid on there bawahahahahaha!

confusios say he who gets laid on ground has peice on earth!

Peace

refresh my memory, you know, for the LoL's ? :camp:

I already forgot. Stay on topic. This is why you get posts moderated... :watching:

I guess I should check it out,,,,im thinking my lady could use a break, I heard I can even get laid on there bawahahahahaha!

Definitely don't want to use their parking lot for that. I recommend Wal-Mart.

The very last place I would go for a canna connection is CL.

One place I would NEVER meet with said connection, not found on CL

is the cop shop.  Other transactions may prove to be safer there, I dunno.

I get a rash being that close to that many leo all in one place.

GM and YM youz sillies :lol:

The very last place I would go for a canna connection is CL.

One place I would NEVER meet with said connection, not found on CL

is the cop shop.  Other transactions may prove to be safer there, I dunno.

I get a rash being that close to that many leo all in one place.

GM and YM youz sillies :lol:

And why is that?