Vaping Co2 Preparations

Of course I'm referring only to Co2 preparations of the leaf or flower of the marihuana plant.

I mentioned it in other thread but am hoping to get more responses on the specific issues at hand I have.

1. Cold weather makes the oil cold and seems to take forever to get going even with "on demand" cartridge and fresh tank.

Cupping it and blowing in your hand isn't bad if the only option but I had mine fall on its side and it seems to take forever to drip back down. Friend suggested hair dryer and I'll be if indirect heat from it for 15 seconds didn't get it all back down. I continued on and found it to be even better than okay, the warmer oil created a much better vape from the start and now I'm in the market for a cheap hair dryer to keep nearby for the winter months.

2. How often do  you change tanks? A conversation with the Provisioning Center Agent (has a nice ring) indicated that she changed hers every other .5 mL. I was planning on doing every 3rd. On the other hand why replace tanks that are working perfectly? I haven't seen any manufacturer's claims regarding their durability. Any personal experience from the community on this is appreciate.

It doesn't seem many use Co2 preparations regularly. The complaints seem to be the logistics of production and costly to acquire if not processed firsthand.

fool! keep your vape pen in a pocket protected by cold, near your body heat or hand warmer. :) or if your house is chilly, consider putting pen on top of something warm, like computer or fridge.

You got me. I didn't know that humans are typically warmer than their environment. Any other nuggets for me Mr Bill Nye, SciencefrikkinGuy...

Play some drums and you set it in the the coffee cup next to you. Or in a spot that's convenient but unfortunately against an outside wall. Or put it in pocket, egads it fell over! Now it has all run down away from the coil and will take (what seems like) five weeks to get back down and it looks like it is all gone now. Oh noooo...

You didn't come up with a method for getting a cartridge upwards of 150 or so to get a good head start on vaping. I came upon this from loading a fresh preparation in to a cartridge and noticing how wonderful it was. Same battery and cartridge that I used moments before and wasn't empty. The only difference was I added preparation that was 130 degrees (approximate tap water temperature) already and vaped that.

I'm a fool but for different reasons than you indicate. Good guess though.

ah i dont own any pens so i am just guessing. how bout putting the cartridge on a little coffee warmer ?

Makes sense but I think the whole reason for having a pen is that you are just carrying this pen that no one is supposed to know what you are smoking. Small and stealthy, hiding in plain sight is the motive. Any additional 'hardware' would defeat the whole purpose of the pen. There are better ways to vape if you are not stuck on using a pen. 

some one explain the co2 conversion into oil please, or would you rather I go youtubing,

I am going to make some mm juice for my tobaco e-cig, I already tried mixing a lil bho with the liquid nicotene, it dont mix lol!

so I looked up how to make some for my e-cig but it isnt bho,rso or oil from co2!

I have a home made vape for smoking oil only at home. it works real nice but most def is only for home use, I havent purchased one of the oil pens, I have a use for that kind of pen but I also need it to be able to do tobaco juice so I can quit smoking the shtuff that does me no good but coat me money and is now realy screwing up my lungs.

I bought me a click n vape, it is far from a vape but I found it to be great with some bud and oil mixed into the bud, the lighter on it is wind proof and it is easy to use w/o any one noticing,  it realy is just a cool bowl for smoking  mm or/and oil, hash, and even tobaco if you felt the need yuck!

I have been using oil mainly ingesting it, I have found a good dose for me and now I can do enough to feel good all day and even the next but Im not out of it like I was trying to find my right dosage!

I would like to learn more about co2 extractions!

Peace

the liquid c02 is pressurized into the herb and is a good polarity match to what we seek.

c02 extractions are near nill, except commercially maybe. The correct equipment, food grade, safe,

takes up a small room, is walled in by steel and glass. 10000 psi..

its good because the solvent used is non toxic(mostly) like water so users never need worry about any residual solvents.

A super cool way, but for edibles only, is to use simple legal hemp oil to conduct the extraction. oil dissolves oil.

I've used different cannabis terpenes to extract also, like food grade dlimonene with fair results. olive oil, sesame oil, anytype of cooking oil too.

c02 from dry ice is useless and has nothing to do with the extraction, and spraying c02 into a tube of herb will not work.

anyone worry of the food items packed with nbutane at the grocery store, like spray butters/coconut oils and the like, or the massive hit of nbutane wafting in the air when we apply shaving cream to our face? the stuff evaporated at room temperature.

I find 400 grams in, and four hundred grams out, in less a half hour warmed to 109f, (when I ask the others that do it of course)

ah i dont own any pens so i am just guessing. how bout putting the cartridge on a little coffee warmer ?

This I like. The goal is 150 degrees or so - this provides a good "dab-like" pull from the very first puff but with the smoothness and lack of chlorophyll that Co2 Preparations provide.

I thought about a little sleeve for the outside of it. Almost like a hot water heater blanket. Leg warmers for preparation pens. Better yet, a light element wrapped around the inside of the cartridge that would provide a gentle pre-warm to the preparation prior to first puff.

Still no answer on how often people change tanks. If no one is using oil how does it sell out?

maybe they don't use vaping pens ?

after spending 160 dollars on two(one lasted 2 years, one only one) on the "Behr Rion" (anti spam spell check) I find the Hakko to be a superior product of the same wattage.

I use a Hakko ceramic tip soldering iron, a glass straw, and plunge the red tip into the slick while inhaling. I don't require portability though. if I did, I'd use an Eclipse

maybe they don't use vaping pens ?

after spending 160 dollars on two(one lasted 2 years, one only one) on the "Behr Rion" (anti spam spell check) I find the Hakko to be a superior product of the same wattage.

I use a Hakko ceramic tip soldering iron, a glass straw, and plunge the red tip into the slick while inhaling. I don't require portability though. if I did, I'd use an Eclipse

Seems expensive for using on crackers but good point, thank you.

Watched videos on the Hakko and Eclipse methods. Wild man, wild.

Resto does touch on a good point. A great aspect of the pen and preparation is how you look like any other ecig person in the world. I've heard a few stories of their usage in some unlikely places just due to their lack of inspection because they represent a fairly ubiquitous item in society these days. This will change as the vaping bans start to get implemented but it is the future of rock and roll.

Minnesota won't allow anything EXCEPT concentrates with their law. I suppose those won't be "preparations" of leaves or flowers though through some miracle of nature that only happens in Minnesota. Their law is awful though. Just awful. The only thing they understand is that preparations are medicinal and necessary. Stuffing a bud in a bowl is "Preparation". Off topic again.

Here is Minnesota Law on the topic though: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/laws/?id=311&year=2014&type=0

Subd. 6. Medical cannabis.

"Medical cannabis" means any species of the genus cannabis plant, or any mixture or preparation of them, including whole plant extracts and resins, and is delivered in the form of:

(1) liquid, including, but not limited to, oil;

(2) pill;

(3) vaporized delivery method with use of liquid or oil but which does not require the use of dried leaves or plant form; or

(4) any other method, excluding smoking, approved by the commissioner.

Thanks for the input and a little insight in to your world. Running around with soldering irons "vaping". That's how Plato vaped I bet. Pretty sure Aristotle had a pen. I abuse you only because I know you like it.

some one explain the co2 conversion into oil please, or would you rather I go youtubing,

I am going to make some mm juice for my tobaco e-cig, I already tried mixing a lil bho with the liquid nicotene, it dont mix lol!

so I looked up how to make some for my e-cig but it isnt bho,rso or oil from co2!

I have a home made vape for smoking oil only at home. it works real nice but most def is only for home use, I havent purchased one of the oil pens, I have a use for that kind of pen but I also need it to be able to do tobaco juice so I can quit smoking the shtuff that does me no good but coat me money and is now realy screwing up my lungs.

I bought me a click n vape, it is far from a vape but I found it to be great with some bud and oil mixed into the bud, the lighter on it is wind proof and it is easy to use w/o any one noticing,  it realy is just a cool bowl for smoking  mm or/and oil, hash, and even tobaco if you felt the need yuck!

I have been using oil mainly ingesting it, I have found a good dose for me and now I can do enough to feel good all day and even the next but Im not out of it like I was trying to find my right dosage!

I would like to learn more about co2 extractions!

Peace 70% propolyene glycol 30% veg glycerine enough material to make runny oatmeal texture all in ,jar in pot of simmering water simmered for two hr. used really good bud, ground fine cheesecloth to filter(huge pain) its ok, now do the same with keif and it comes out much better, does taste cooked, not burnt but cooked, decarbed

on crackers?

I loved my herbiron but it was junk with a predetermined obsolescence. The parts were cheap enoughto replace when they went bad but the device was sonic welded together. When it was dremmeled apart the mess was a bummer. the duct tape and sharo edges really brought me down while medicating, so I sprung for another, it failed, both went to the garbage can.

essentially it was similar to the guts of a hakko, with the added (loser) on off switch. The packaging and presentation got me, cuz I'm a sucker for new stuff reviewing. I reviewed this product in (essential tools of the trade) thread of mine somewhere here.

Is NY like that too? only oils no buds?

on crackers?

I loved my herbiron but it was junk with a predetermined obsolescence. The parts were cheap enoughto replace when they went bad but the device was sonic welded together. When it was dremmeled apart the mess was a bummer. the duct tape and sharo edges really brought me down while medicating, so I sprung for another, it failed, both went to the garbage can.

essentially it was similar to the guts of a hakko, with the added (loser) on off switch. The packaging and presentation got me, cuz I'm a sucker for new stuff reviewing. I reviewed this product in (essential tools of the trade) thread of mine somewhere here.

Is NY like that too? only oils no buds?

The packaging (which states it is in manufactured and packaged in accordance with MCL 333.26423 ) says you can put like .1mL on a cracker and see what happens. Oral ingestion like that is too costly for me so I can't say I know what relief it could provide.

My Pen is awesome. It has changed my life I can say without being dramatic. $25 and I haven't handled a lighter in awhile. Just need two so you always have a battery charging.

Not sure on NY. Why don't you google and post your results, please. I have to listen to PGT...

Eclipse is very effective for those I know into oils. The device wont care if its c02, butane, and alcohol used to extract. it cant fail no batteries either.

True in most cases but not completely.

My highest quality RSO, made with 99% iso, is very difficult to vape in an Eclips Vaaap, too difficult to enjoy. The reason why is because the oil has been heat decarbed. With QWISO, QWET, and bubble hash are real easy to vape in the Eclipse. The RSO is so heat sensitive it is much better to vape it with an electronic vaporizer whether it is straight or diluted, because you can easily set the temperature to meet the requirements of the RSO. With a lighter it is almost impossible. It can be done, but it is such a pain in the butt.

This I like. The goal is 150 degrees or so - this provides a good "dab-like" pull from the very first puff but with the smoothness and lack of chlorophyll that Co2 Preparations provide.

I thought about a little sleeve for the outside of it. Almost like a hot water heater blanket. Leg warmers for preparation pens. Better yet, a light element wrapped around the inside of the cartridge that would provide a gentle pre-warm to the preparation prior to first puff.

Still no answer on how often people change tanks. If no one is using oil how does it sell out?

People keep underestimating alcohol extractions. These extractions were done with 99% iso. No winterizing, no paper filtering, just a virgin extract utilizing a quick frozen wash method.

Qush QWISO sample ready To winterize 3 29 14 047

4 G QWISO sample ready To winterize 3 29 14 050

With the AeroTank Mini, you don't buy cartridges, you just refill it. If the heating element goes bad, or if you desire, you can simply replace it. They will usually last for a couple fills.

KangerTech mini 6 14 14 042

AeroTankMini QWET with banana Nut flavor 8 12 14 033

It sounds like your oil needs to be a little bit more diluted. If you have an AeroTank Mini, that is not an issue. The AeroTank is made of glass and stainless steel. You can easily use the heat from a lighter or candle to warm the tank. Gently heat the glass and it will get to the desired temperature.

As for how often people change tanks, well, I am not sure exactly what you are asking here. Are you referring to how often someone needs to refill, as in how fast one is consuming the oil? That varies with me. It may be once every three days or once per month depending on how often it is used. Or, are you asking how often the heating element is changed? For me, I don't mind changing mine every refill or every other refill. The coils or automizers only cost a couple bucks, at least the brands I use.

True in most cases but not completely.

My highest quality RSO, made with 99% iso, is very difficult to vape in an Eclips Vaaap, too difficult to enjoy. The reason why is because the oil has been heat decarbed. With QWISO, QWET, and bubble hash are real easy to vape in the Eclipse. The RSO is so heat sensitive it is much better to vape it with an electronic vaporizer whether it is straight or diluted, because you can easily set the temperature to meet the requirements of the RSO. With a lighter it is almost impossible. It can be done, but it is such a pain in the butt.

I vape cannabis oil made with 100% alcohol every night in an Eclipse Vape. It's very easy once you learn how to do it. What problems did you have so I can help?

The packaging (which states it is in manufactured and packaged in accordance with MCL 333.26423 ) says you can put like .1mL on a cracker and see what happens. Oral ingestion like that is too costly for me so I can't say I know what relief it could provide.

My Pen is awesome. It has changed my life I can say without being dramatic. $25 and I haven't handled a lighter in awhile. Just need two so you always have a battery charging.

Not sure on NY. Why don't you google and post your results, please. I have to listen to PGT...

I wouldn't necessarily recommend to eat e-cannabis type oils, but you can.

You are mistaken about not being able to afford to eat concentrates. It is far more efficient and far more effective eating the oil, buzz wise and medicinally speaking. If it is top notch oil, .1 mL should keep you stoned for 12 to 24 hours. If the oil is naturally decarbed and is top notch, 48 hour buzz from one dose. At least with my oil.

I consider vaping a luxury, one of the most wasteful ways to consume cannabis oil. It is stealthy, convenient, and clean though.

As for stealth, standard e-cigg equipment, like the AeroTank Mini, using PEG400 NF/USP and add a drop or to of organic flavoring, you can blow the vapor right in someone's face and they would have no clue you are using cannabis oil. They will only smell the flavoring you added.

I have heard bad things about trying to mix BHO with the PEG400 though. I have heard that the mixture separates. Everyone I have spoken to agrees that alcohol extracted concentrates stays infused with the PEG400.

I am just guessing that the O-Pen CO2 oil mix is PEG400 maybe also additional grades of PEG like 200 and 600 and may also contain PG USP. No need for all of that with alcohol extracts.

I vape cannabis oil made with 100% alcohol every night in an Eclipse Vape. It's very easy once you learn how to do it. What problems did you have so I can help?

It's all good, don't need any help. What works for one, may not work for another. There are so many variables to consider.

If you are used to vaping alcohol concentrates, the difference is obvious between decarbed and non-decarbed extracts.

With the non-decarbed extracts you can apply pretty much all of the heat you want and has all the leeway you need and is very enjoyable. With heat decarbed alcohol extracts, you have to master the torch. Even then, you can't vape it all up without it eventually choking you. The reason being, at least with my oil, it is because it has already been heat decarbed. The exact science to the reason I don't know, and don't really care.

It is just not as enjoyable for me. i would rather use QWISO or QWET in the eclipse. Easier to work the torch for optimum vaping. Like 100 times easier. :)

Actually, I kind of prefer the QWISO and QWET for the e-cigg equipment too. Easier to identify individual flavors and taste with most clearomizers. Not all, but most clearomizers when using RSO, all of my strains have a similar taste, you can tell it has been decarbed. With the e-ciggs, it is mostly personal preference, there is not that big of a difference.

Seeing those pictures I posted above, those were not winterized. They worked great in the Eclipse.

RSO or heat decarbed oil, winterized or not, at least my oil, the effects were the same. Chemistry and science. It has something to do with it already being decarbed, a little too much heat and it causes somewhat of a burnt effect because it is already decarbed, that is why it is more sensitive. I have tried my most clean RSO, that was winterized, and same issue. The winterized RSO looks just as clean as the pictures in my above post.

I admit, with the RSO, you can get a more premium flavor from it in the Eclipse, but is not nearly as efficient and more difficult.

Why would you want to decarb the oil, then reheat it again to consume it? That no longer makes sense to me. I guess you could say it is double decarbing, which easily leads to burning the product. I have only been using my Eclipse since 2010 and I have not ran out of oil since. I am pretty confident.

If it works great for you, all the power to ya.

No problems here, just personal preference :D

I personally use a small torch lighter to use mine, but wouldn't suggest that to anyone. I've watched more than one person explode a glass vile using a torch. Never happened to me, but the hot oil is painful I bet. 

I use a small torch lighter too. It is a three burner unit, just a little bit larger than a bic. I would prefer a 1 or 2 burner though. The 3 burner is a bit overkill, at least for my oils.

When I first got the Eclipse I tried using a regular bic lighter. It worked fine, but the problem was all of the black soot it would put on the glass.

I haven't had one of the vials break yet (knock on wood).