Professional Trimmers

Lancy

Is a "professional trimmer", that neither grows, buys, or consumes MJ, at jeopardy in the unlikely event of a farm raid.  If so, does it seem more likely that they would just be let go?  I haven't heard of any opinions on this and am aware, as far as I know, that this is just a hypothetical question.

thanks

I'd think if a marijuana farm in our state found it necessary to hire professional trimmers to prepare the flowers for sale,

there's a good chance said professional trimmer could be involved in a conspiracy to manufacturer/distribute amounts of marijuana above the legal limits.

who the heck hires pro trimmer in MI anyways? 72 plants, 5 patients, 2.5 ounces per patient..........

Ok, drop the word professional.(portrays wrong image)  I have rather severe arthritis and have trouble working scissors.  I grow my own and wanted to hire a neighbor to assist with the trimming, without any legal risk to them.  Perhaps the answer would be the same as if they called themselves professional.

Ok, drop the word professional.(portrays wrong image)  I have rather severe arthritis and have trouble working scissors.  I grow my own and wanted to hire a neighbor to assist with the trimming, without any legal risk to them.  Perhaps the answer would be the same as if they called themselves professional.

I feel for you. I wouldn't let anyone in on my trimming cept for really really good friend maybe. neighbors can turn sour sometimes, and they talk at the dinner parties. best to stay private. what city are you near?

I think Kingdiamond has the best advice for you. May even be able to rent a spin trim too, my local grow store rents them out cheap.

Edited by grassmatch

I'd think if a marijuana farm in our state found it necessary to hire professional trimmers to prepare the flowers for sale,

there's a good chance said professional trimmer could be involved in a conspiracy to manufacturer/distribute amounts of marijuana above the legal limits.

who the heck hires pro trimmer in MI anyways? 72 plants, 5 patients, 2.5 ounces per patient..........

Id wager this is par for the course under the wod mentality... most of the us & in several places in mi.

Just the same, I know of cg's that have been in disp w they had been hit by fed, and they lost their wares but were let go & had no further action against them. So it really depends on the target & scale of things.

Depends on where you r (which cops) & whether or not they r interested in screwing w u & those around. Id reckon it would also depend on how u behaved/what u say should they come at that particular moment... if you took full blame & discounted ur buddy, if he was polite & seemingly incidental.

Probably u will b just fine... worst case, they screw w u. Its a calculated risk, like everything in life.

Doesn't our law state that no one can be prosecuted merely for being in the presence of the medical use of marijuana? I believe that you could fill your bathtub with medical marijuana and you and your neighbor could jump in and roll around in it without any repercussions for you or your neighbor. You can have a salad bowl full of marijuana on your kitchen table as long as there are enough card holders in the room to cover the amount.

amish, the medical use of mairjuana includes manufacture.

so someone cannot be prosecuted for mere presence around the manufacture of marijuana.

but in this case, the OP is asking if his neighbor can help him manufacture marijuana.

which would take him out of mere presence.

now the question is does this protect the neighbor?

(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege...

"solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, "

is the neighbor SOLEY in the presence of manufacturing or is he helping to manufacture? 

"or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana."

the supreme court ruled that using or administering means eating or smoking. so he is not protected for manufacturing.

the only way you could hire your neighbor to trim is if you registered him as your caregiver or patient in the registry.

i am not a lawyer this is not legal advice.

Edited by t-pain

"Medical use" includes growing (manufacturing) marijuana.

amish, the medical use of mairjuana includes manufacture.

so someone cannot be prosecuted for mere presence around the manufacture of marijuana.

but in this case, the OP is asking if his neighbor can help him manufacture marijuana.

which would take him out of mere presence.

now the question is does this protect the neighbor?

(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege...

"solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, "

is the neighbor SOLEY in the presence of manufacturing or is he helping to manufacture? 

"or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana."

the supreme court ruled that using or administering means eating or smoking. so he is not protected for manufacturing.

the only way you could hire your neighbor to trim is if you registered him as your caregiver or patient in the registry.

i am not a lawyer this is not legal advice.