Marijuana Quality Testing Going Mainstream‏

There is never going to be a time we have politicians on our side, period. We know this, so what do we do, sit and cower?  I have the position I do because I try to take in EVERYONE"S situation and to move forward to cover as many as possible.  All I hear here is it's not the right time.  Well it's never going to be the right time.  And I won't be a whipping post so either read WHAT I WROTE and if there is any questions, ask for clarification.  But if you think you can come in here and complain about something I didn't say and quote me your f u c k i n g with the wrong person.  You'll just end up wasting your time and mine, unless that's your intention.

Mal we know your position.  Testing ain't worth S H I T unless it's too expensive for the precision to be worth anything, while completely disregarding OTHER cannabinoids and the info you can gleam from testing that. You should really read what I said and I know you read enough to know I wasn't saying CBD is medicine and THC is not.  And ditching the direct questions about interpretation makes you look like your hiding something.  You'd be better served to answer the questions rather than attacking for something you took out of context.

Resto, I know you just like to try and pick me apart to find some flaw.  They are there but when you just jump on everything I say you loose credibility when you find the flaws.  You know the boy who cried wolf.  You should really try and understand what I write before trashing me or you'll loose your cred.  Save it up for when your sure.  Just trying to help you here. :)

Why can't we just talk about testing without it going mandatory and why can't we explain the benefits of testing without people calling it witchcraft?

This is an accurate comment. The problem is that the article is a sham piece designed to deceive for the benefit of the Republican Cartel model. When the article is proposing witchcraft that's what the comments will reflect.

The importance of testing in order to create controls and assist in determining efficacy of treatment in a rationale scientific manner is critical and also another thread because this article doesn't get there at all.

"Why can't we all just get along?" - because 99% of the people here want MM and are in lockstep on most of these topics but disagreement is almost always emotional. Taking MM out of the equation, many people here don't agree on a number of other topics. Mal and I seem to agree on almost every aspect of MM legislation yet we are as different on a majority of non-MM issues as we are similar on this one.

Would you believe, Norby, that after all of this hard work by the lab interests, that the type of cannabinoid analysis done by Iron Labs and any other lab that has ever existed in the state is not what is required by HB 4209, but safety testing for mold, mildew, fungi, or pesticides, which almost nobody is voluntarily paying for right now.

It is just amazing how that happens, isn't it? The lab propaganda will be used by prohibitionists and obstructionists to increase costs to the patient for no good reason.

Did you read the article?  People are in Cali.  It always leads to discussion about mandatory testing because certain people bring it there.  It was mentioned it's NOT mandatory in the article.

Edited by Norby

You read too much and don't get out enough to know what you are saying only works on paper. 

What?  So i suppose you have been to NY and know the market there better than someone who has known the market there for 33 years?  What a load of S H I T.  I go to the dispensaries and get my CBD meds there and I know exactly what I'm talking about.  I've kept track of the menus and visited a number to find the CBD Meds I need.  You are loosing more and more cred daily.

Norby,

when you visit a disp for cbd meds do they post results from a named lab for all the meds, or just the cbd, or?   can you tell  do you sense there is a supplier specializing in

in these high cbd plants?

Name        Test Date     Δ9-THC       Δ8-THC    CBC        CBD          CBG       CBN         Total

OG Kush   2015-01-07 22.37 %      0.05 %     0.37 %     0.28 %      1.53 %    0.10 %     24.70 %

Bubba OG 2015-02-26 16.29 %      0.00 %    0.19 %    0.07 %        0.21 %    0.00 %    16.76 %

This is an example of one test for a Provisioning Center's site today. The test was done at Iron Labs. Iron Lab has a link to all the customers for whom they perform tests and authorize results to be revealed. Not going to link here because there is open hostility towards testing centers and I'm not gonna feed in to it like that.

Edit: Added the Bubba for further reference and most recent results.

Edited by YesMichigan

nice, so you can go to centers webby and see what is in stock, what has been tested, and the results too?  where are the pesticide/mold/terpene profiling results?  those would tickle my interests more than the others actually, but that's just me.

Not all that they have is listed and not all they have is tested with data available. It obviously depends on the Center also. Ever see the hot dogs on the roller grill at the gas station? I'd love to get a terpene/bacteria/mold report on one of those things and I'm not going to decarb it at 400 degrees with my lighter before consuming it. Which is where I agree with others that the "Safety" concern is a load of crap and just designed to grub up money and sell some capital equipment.

It is a data point and I agree terpene profile would be interesting and will happen one day. It will likely change the alcohol industry as consumers ask their manufacturers to list terpene profiles more specifically.

It's not the same for everyone so you can't use a machine to place us in all in the same box. You can quantify all day long for what works for one patient and help that one patient. There's no universal ratio that fits everyone. Cause and effect do not repeat across the masses. It's a painstaking testing of each patient that works. Most of that testing does not involve machines. I say 'most' so there is some value to machine testing. Just not what it's made out to be by testing companies and their advocates. When testing starts to become a real help to real patients the real folks will get on board. Right now testing is a a patient's enemy because of the false/bad information being put out by labs

dont care anymore.

Edited by garyfisher

It works by several different mechanisms and many of them have been quantified and clarified.

I would say many of us "ol' timers" can tell many things from from a look and a whiff and determine the likely compounds found in that particular strain.  Been doing it for years. 

You're full of SH1t.  Come on.  This post is quite rediculous.  How about I hire you to do some analytical chemistry.  That must be one amazing nose.

Edited by garyfisher

Norby,

I was actually not addressing my CBD/THC comments directly at you. If they hit the mark, I am sorry if I offended.  It was directed to this topics news article when they inferred CBD was more like medicine than THC strains, and I can only handle this CBD only nonsense for so long.  I just wanted to put it out there again.  Sort of like people calling hash oil, 'rick simpson oil".  It is nonsense. So I call it out.  Alcohol extractions have been around for millennia.  High CBD means generally it is a hemp strain or a mixed hemp strain using either the European or northern Asian strains of hemp.  It is pretty straight forward IMO.  These strains grow wild from Nebraska to Pennsylvania and from Kentucky to Canada.  Is testing helpful in better determining amounts in hybrids?.. Sure.

Just so people know, I have worked and discussed this issue with the people at Iron Labs and we hammered out a position that was sensible IMO.  Also, I know Iron labs has purchased a better machine for testing cannabinoids. Cool. Fine and dandy. :-)

Garyfisher,

As far as determining what I know,  I will just lead off with an easy one and state to do research into the endocannabinoid system and how marijuana relates to the mechanisms of the cannabinoid/endo systems. It is extensive   I would then refer one to look into the instigation of Apoptosis. There is much research already done on these topics. That should keep one busy for a year or two if researching properly.  We can move on from there.

I would tread on this ground carefully gary, I do know what I am talking about. ;-p

Generally,

Yes. Many of my positions and attitudes on this topic are based on what I deal with 'behind the scenes' and dealing with propaganda campaigns from corporate interests surrounding this topic.  So,.. I would say, take that into consideration as well.  I find this this to be a slippery slope because of how GWPharm lobbyists(Otsuka pharm) use this topic to get rid of "crude" cannabis as a form of medicine.  I believe in the entourage effect and using strains to compliment whole plant uses and whole plant extracts.  Supporting anything that says marijuana is dangerous, is not safe in plant form and the only solution is FDA approval for unique cannabinoid structures is a no win situation for those of us from the other camp. 

Anyhow,... sure I missed something I wanted to reply to/about.

Norby,

when you visit a disp for cbd meds do they post results from a named lab for all the meds, or just the cbd, or?   can you tell  do you sense there is a supplier specializing in

in these high cbd plants?

Seems to be from different folk, some indoors and some outdoors. Some as low as $200/z probably outdoors and some that was meticulous and most likely indoor and $350/z.

Places like Treecity, you can look at the menu and look at iron labs and get the test results from most of what they have for sale.  Other places are a bit more shady.  Some are caregiver coops where they supposedly only grow their own.  Didn't see anything at iron labs site for a bunch of dispensaries though.  Some do their own testing with GC and Liquid whatever but I wouldn't trust those dispenses with their own equipment unless I knew the scientist and talked it over with them.  If they only have a dispensary employee working the machine I'd pass.

I'm personally working on an IBL with hi CBD that proves consistent close to 100% between Huel Perkins Cannatonic and Super Snow Ballz, which was a cross with a hi CBD super skunk/deep chunk.  AS far as I know there aren't any inbred lines that are hi CBD only possibles like hurkle, pennywise, cbcand, and even the CBD crews stuff that is 50/50 isn't consistent.  Other than ditchweed I don't think there is anything but cuts that are hi CBD.

Spoiler alert: there are no pesticide or mold results because patients and caregivers know they are useless and won't pay for them.

Also, few of the labs can identify terpenes at all, and those that can use unproven technology.

Click on the report and you'll get the mold reports and moisture content.  They are visual inspection and a bit do turn out with mold.  Petri dish mold tests seem to be crap.  You get that(visual inspection) too for the $35.

Why bash what you don't know when you can just learn about it and tell the truth? Your complete bias, all of you, is very obvious.  Exact same thing the antis do.

And I believe they test for terpenes, only a handful, for $85?

Edited by Norby

It didn't "hit the mark" and you darn well know that.  It p-issed me off that you implied that was my view!

Even passive aggressive in your apology?

CBD only nonsense, so taking only CBD is nonsense?  It doesn't work for you so it must be bunk? Is everything a you against them with you?

Don't quote me and make it look like I'm saying something I'm not.  I don't appreciate coming here in the morning and dealing with your s-hit.  Take it out on someone else!

Norby,

I was actually not addressing my CBD/THC comments directly at you. If they hit the mark, I am sorry if I offended.  It was directed to this topics news article when they inferred CBD was more like medicine than THC strains, and I can only handle this CBD only nonsense for so long.  I just wanted to put it out there again.  Sort of like people calling hash oil, 'rick simpson oil".  It is nonsense. So I call it out.  Alcohol extractions have been around for millennia.  High CBD means generally it is a hemp strain or a mixed hemp strain using either the European or northern Asian strains of hemp.  It is pretty straight forward IMO.  These strains grow wild from Nebraska to Pennsylvania and from Kentucky to Canada.  Is testing helpful in better determining amounts in hybrids?.. Sure.

Just so people know, I have worked and discussed this issue with the people at Iron Labs and we hammered out a position that was sensible IMO.  Also, I know Iron labs has purchased a better machine for testing cannabinoids. Cool. Fine and dandy. :-)

Garyfisher,

As far as determining what I know,  I will just lead off with an easy one and state to do research into the endocannabinoid system and how marijuana relates to the mechanisms of the cannabinoid/endo systems. It is extensive   I would then refer one to look into the instigation of Apoptosis. There is much research already done on these topics. That should keep one busy for a year or two if researching properly.  We can move on from there.

I would tread on this ground carefully gary, I do know what I am talking about. ;-p

Generally,

Yes. Many of my positions and attitudes on this topic are based on what I deal with 'behind the scenes' and dealing with propaganda campaigns from corporate interests surrounding this topic.  So,.. I would say, take that into consideration as well.  I find this this to be a slippery slope because of how GWPharm lobbyists(Otsuka pharm) use this topic to get rid of "crude" cannabis as a form of medicine.  I believe in the entourage effect and using strains to compliment whole plant uses and whole plant extracts.  Supporting anything that says marijuana is dangerous, is not safe in plant form and the only solution is FDA approval for unique cannabinoid structures is a no win situation for those of us from the other camp. 

Anyhow,... sure I missed something I wanted to reply to/about.

Since when has it become that high THC marijuana is not as medicinal as high CBD marijuana?

That is a complete fallacy. CBD helps a few things. THC helps many things. CBG helps many things. THCV helps many things. etc.

Since when did people suddenly think that CBD is what is medicinal about marijuana?  Where did that nonsense start?  O yea,... Rick Simpson. heh.

I mean,,, how can one reduce ocular pressure with CBD?  Anyone? Noone? Of course not. CBD is useless in that case and many many many many others.

Let us not repeat nonsense about CBD being "the" important part. It is merely a piece in the puzzle for certain conditions.

rant end.

Garyfisher,

Nice cop out.  The scientific community doesn't even understand the mechanism behind the apoptotic pathway.  This is why research is still being funded, obviously.  We have an idea of a couple of the KEY players but we don't fully understand this pathway.  Nice try though. 

You are spewing totally BS propaganda. Breeders have created the medicine we have now and you want to trash them? You should be thanking them because THEY are the ones who have made medical cannabis what it is today. They are our heros. You stand on their shoulders. 

So you can trash breeders all you want with your 4 or so elite strains and everything else sucks and if a breeder creates a plant that wants to flower in veg it's bad breeding but I point out the obvious that there isn't even a line that claims 100% hi CBD offspring and I'm trashing breeders? 

So you can trash breeders all you want with your 4 or so elite strains and everything else sucks and if a breeder creates a plant that wants to flower in veg it's bad breeding but I point out the obvious that there isn't even a line that claims 100% hi CBD offspring and I'm trashing breeders? 

The high CBD strains are the more natural strains that were not bred. You have to realize that your situation where only high CBD strains help you is not the mainstream among patients. The post of mine you are quoting was a response to your statement that breeders only helped the recreational market people when they breed high THC strains, like they only hurt medical marijuana. I believe they have really helped a lot of 'patients' too. That's all. They deserve credit for the wonderful and miraculous work they have done.

Edited by Restorium2

The high CBD strains are the more natural strains that were not bred. You have to realize that your situation where only high CBD strains help you is not the mainstream among patients. The post of mine you are quoting was a response to your statement that breeders only helped the recreactional market people when they breed high THC strains, like they only hurt medical marijuana. I believe they have really helped a lot of 'patients' too. That's all. They deserve credit for the wonderful and miraculous work they have done.

Who said ONLY hi CBD strains helped me?  More B U LL S H I T! You guys spew misinformation with this skewed vision you have of others. CBD has to be decarbed separate because of the longer decarb times.  I take much more THC than CBD but I don't smoke CBD meds.  CBD helps with the anxiety and aspergers symptoms.  I have taken hi THC strains from age 12 to 44 and it helped keep me away from the doc tremendously.  Again, ask if you are ignorant, don't make up this boogeyman of me in your head, it's not good for me and certainly isn't good for you.

Why do you constantly attack instead of asking for interpretation? I never said they only helped the recreational market, there you go again. I was talking pre med mj laws, there wasn't an "open medical market" before that.  And from what you've stated in the past you are not proud of the breeders as you attack them often. 

What are you a politician?  If not you missed your calling.  You attacked me needlessly and now you are trying to continue and back out of it at the same time.

It's useless, you don't put in any effort to learn anything, it's all preconceived with you!

Edited by Norby

Who said ONLY hi CBD strains helped me?  More B U LL S H I T! You guys spew misinformation with this skewed vision you have of others. CBD has to be decarbed separate because of the longer decarb times.  I take much more THC than CBD but I don't smoke CBD meds.  CBD helps with the anxiety and aspergers symptoms.  I have taken hi THC strains from age 12 to 44 and it helped keep me away from the doc tremendously.  Again, ask if you are ignorant, don't make up this boogeyman of me in your head, it's not good for me and certainly isn't good for you.

Why do you constantly attack instead of asking for interpretation? I never said they only helped the recreational market, there you go again. I was talking pre med mj laws, there wasn't an "open medical market" before that.  And from what you've stated in the past you are not proud of the breeders as you attack them often. 

What are you a politician?  If not you missed your calling.  You attacked me needlessly and now you are trying to continue and back out of it at the same time.

Not even going there ....