Marijuana Quality Testing Going Mainstream‏

The flowers tested were not in the medical cannabis market in Michigan, they were acquired from the street specifically to show the terrible results compared to medical marijuana grown in Michigan. I imagine Northern Labs would be happy to describe the acquisition and testing methodology.

This was a test to show that medical marijuana is better than street marijuana for patients, and here are both of you turning it around on patients and their caregivers. It is puzzling why you would do this.

Again, read what I wrote.  I'm not turning it around, that was a question, there is a difference.  I admitted I was ignorant to the report.

Edited by Norby

The flowers tested were not in the medical cannabis market in Michigan, they were acquired from the street specifically to show the terrible results compared to medical marijuana grown in Michigan. I imagine Northern Labs would be happy to describe the acquisition and testing methodology.

This was a test to show that medical marijuana is better than street marijuana for patients, and here are both of you turning it around on patients and their caregivers. It is puzzling why you would do this.

I don't see any tests for Med MJ in that report.  I only glazed it but where are the tests from Mi med MJ?

I was also at a farmers mkt yesterday and there were a lot of people with , what seemed to be the same Blue Dream.  When I went to farmers mkts back in NY some sellers would take of the product of mexico tags and sell stuff as local.  Do you think this was all cali blue dream?

If there are no comparison tests from Mi would anyone like to find out the truth?  I'll put up some money for tests.  I just hate to see no real info and everyone guessing by what they've experienced.

Some of the guys I've seen in hydro shops were pretty smart and I had great conversations.  Some I wouldn't trust to cut my lawn.  So how does "trusting" someone work as a gauge against contaminents?  Some people look pretty trustworthy, but I know better than that.

Haha, it said in the report the caregivers giving up their meds to be tested knew they didn't use pesticides.  Ummm, that's not how you do a "study".  darn money grubbung labs, NL said they'd test for pesticides for free.  how much money do they need?

Pretty disingenuous(misleading) saying they tested street against med mj.  They tested it against MedMJ that knew it was to be tested.  That's more the gist of it.

Edited by Norby

How can you say testing is inaccurate and then say this study proves anything?  There are no controls.  How do I know there wasn't anything added to teh street samples?  i believe it because I've seen brick weed but you can't tout this study and then say gc and lc don't have any use.

Your using a study on the equipment you said you don't trust on top of that.

Edited by Norby

Obviously that's not what I'm saying as it would be true.  Why do you paint that I'm saying Mj IS dangerous.  I've done nothing but ask questions, to which no one has the answers.  Truth is my quest and I have a good bullsh it detector.  All these things MAY be true.  Why should I trust someones info if I don't buy MJ from people I don't trust.  It may seem like I'm painting a picture if you are just trying to deny something without any proof.

It just makes you wonder how marijuana got its reputation for being non-dangerous. To hear it from Norby and garyfisher everyone using street or homegrown or unregulated dispensary marijuana should be dead by now.

How can you justify buying anything at a dispensary knowing they are explicitly not testing for contaminants, and only testing for cannabinoids?

Most of this 'contamination' talk should be geared towards people who's health is very severely compromised. They are a small percentage of users. That's another reason everyone should not be subjected to testing because most folks don't even need it. But there are some that might need contamination testing.

It just makes you wonder how marijuana got its reputation for being non-dangerous. To hear it from Norby and garyfisher everyone using street or homegrown or unregulated dispensary marijuana should be dead by now.

How can you justify buying anything at a dispensary knowing they are explicitly not testing for contaminants, and only testing for cannabinoids?

First off, you should not accuse people of being "anti" or anything that is asking for proof and the truth.  If you drive all the believable people out of your camp you aren't doing well.  I already don't trust the 3 people I'm conversing with on this.  It seems as if they think it's all about cosmetics and what people see and I'm not that way.  So if that's the case let me know.  Something just doesn't seem right with the logic here and I can't go around with a headache all the time pushing me to use some wierd "logic" to explain my position.  So we don't like testing unless it proves there is no pesticides in Mi Med MJ, even if, as people have stated, it comes from overflow from Cali, which has been tested to show the stuff in the dispensaries is hi in pesticides?  When I know my friend says all the people around him in cali spray?  I mean I have to have a logical arguement, that's all.  Just explain to me how this all fits together.  We couldn't keep mj from cali out and it's illegal, what do we do about that coming in and showing up at dispensaries or farmers mkts? 

And I do buy from dispenses and farmers mkts.  I obviously eat more of these chemicals than I'd smoke as it's on all our food.  I try to keep the levels low as possible and a gram here and there, if 50% of what I buy is contaminated, it's not that much.  Now if I relied on it I may have a different view.  And again, who knows how it affects us as inhaled vapor or smoke, both different.  All I want is the truth.  If there is no risk of anything for not keeping to the food guidelines at least, like there is with food, which is not all tested, then why would anyone worry.  Why can't the DEA start going after CONTAMINATED drugs and leave the good ones alone.  Then they'd still have their place and would have to build cases(as you couldn't just bring in a sample that's contaminated and say it's from x because it's heresay).  And I've said before I'm NOT FOR MANDATORY TESTING.  I just want there to be more than an honor system, BUT NOT MANDATORY.  But the way I see it is if I'm for no penalties for anyone over FDA guidelines on pesticides on something people are using as medicine I'm not a good person.

I would say you are making bald-faced accusations without any proof. It is disgusting to me.

You must be a big supporter of SB 660, maybe eventually it will be amended to make sure that patients cannot harm themselves by possessing dangerous marijuana that they have grown themselves.

Accusations, why would you think they are accusations.  Where did I state anything to accuse anyone of anything I didn't read in a paper that stated tests. Please copy and paste them here.

ya I must be for 660, look in the mirror I think your confused.

And your a moderator accusing things like that of this sites supporters, nice.  I'm sorry, administrator.

And this is why I never join organizations. There's always some underlying motive where if u don't step in line your against.

Edited by Norby

First off, you should not accuse people of being "anti" or anything that is asking for proof and the truth.  If you drive all the believable people out of your camp you aren't doing well.  I already don't trust the 3 people I'm conversing with on this.  It seems as if they think it's all about cosmetics and what people see and I'm not that way.  So if that's the case let me know.  Something just doesn't seem right with the logic here and I can't go around with a headache all the time pushing me to use some wierd "logic" to explain my position.  So we don't like testing unless it proves there is no pesticides in Mi Med MJ, even if, as people have stated, it comes from overflow from Cali, which has been tested to show the stuff in the dispensaries is hi in pesticides?  When I know my friend says all the people around him in cali spray?  I mean I have to have a logical arguement, that's all.  Just explain to me how this all fits together.  We couldn't keep mj from cali out and it's illegal, what do we do about that coming in and showing up at dispensaries or farmers mkts? 

And I do buy from dispenses and farmers mkts.  I obviously eat more of these chemicals than I'd smoke as it's on all our food.  I try to keep the levels low as possible and a gram here and there, if 50% of what I buy is contaminated, it's not that much.  Now if I relied on it I may have a different view.  And again, who knows how it affects us as inhaled vapor or smoke, both different.  All I want is the truth.  If there is no risk of anything for not keeping to the food guidelines at least, like there is with food, which is not all tested, then why would anyone worry.  Why can't the DEA start going after CONTAMINATED drugs and leave the good ones alone.  Then they'd still have their place and would have to build cases(as you couldn't just bring in a sample that's contaminated and say it's from x because it's heresay).  And I've said before I'm NOT FOR MANDATORY TESTING.  I just want there to be more than an honor system, BUT NOT MANDATORY.  But the way I see it is if I'm for no penalties for anyone over FDA guidelines on pesticides on something people are using as medicine I'm not a good person.

We need to make this fit into the reality of our situation here and now in Michigan. With the legislature we have it's "My Way or The Highway". We don't have thechoices we want. We have one choice possible and that would be testing ONLY for the prupose of restriction, not to help anyone. If we all could just start there a lot of this conversation becomes moot until we have the right people to ask for something other than restrictions.

We need to make this fit into the reality of our situation here and now in Michigan. With the legislature we have it's "My Way or The Highway". We don't have thechoices we want. We have one choice possible and that would be testing ONLY for the prupose of restriction, not to help anyone. If we all could just start there a lot of this conversation becomes moot until we have the right people to ask for something other than restrictions.

So, call me a liar(accuse me of things I don't think) and say I disgust people in the meantime?  and my questions/worrying about people who don't know anyone, like me, are foolish?

It seems to me because I have a different view and background and am asking questions because I know how NY, Cali and a couple other places work, I'm on the "against" side.

I've never been on another site where my words and questions and experiences are twisted to make me look like I'm against the community I'm part of.  Maybe it's the politics, I don't know, but I don't like it.

I must be for 660 and testing put into that bill, not many people get relief from CBD and no THC, I must work for the labs, I must be a liberal, If you think this you must think that, etc.etc.etc.

If you don't want me here kick me the f u c k out I'll find more unbiased people elsewhere for my questions and interaction.  People who use logic and don't assume your an enemy because of your thoughts and questions.

Edited by Norby

Well then explain it like that and don't stifle my questions.  Send me a pm saying that the pols watch the forum.  Anything but calling me out to make me an outcast.

And i clicked on it and it starts at the beginning.  Is what you were pointing out in the first 2-3 minutes?

When we are arguing, we are just regular people. If I was acting as an administrator on this thread, it would be to delete it, because it is mostly foolish.

its why a mod/admin should have two accounts. one that says he is admin and one secret nickname so people dont get scared to converse with admins on a level playing field.

but hey i'm sneaky...

its why a mod/admin should have two accounts. one that says he is admin and one secret nickname so people dont get scared to converse with admins on a level playing field.

but hey i'm sneaky...

Doesn't work. Been there and done that. People figure it out and think you are just being sneaky. Might as well tell it like it is 'at face value' like Zap does. 

That's a shame and they should be outed.  Unfortunately the articles don't give much info.  Did they test for THC or THCA?  How long did the products sit in pizza?  I bet acidity and moisture, etc. would degrade THC to CBN pretty fast.  It's not really easy to see what's going on from the articles though.  The emulsifiers may be a problem with testing.  I have mentioned that tests can be skrewed up by adding things that mimic or mask tests.  That's why I test my flowers and estimate my edibles. I don't think they've experienced all teh other things that are thrown in with edibles to be consistent.  Then there is the idea of making a batch that is homogenous.  If you just put a drop of oil in each cap or gummy, you will not be consistent throughout the batch.  Remember, they only test one product from the batch and it's gone.  It certainly doesn't look good that they are coming out consistently lower, unless they're old and it's converting to CBN.

Did you have any link to show that Iron Labs is pushing for mandatory testing?  If so I'd probably stop using them as I don't believe in mandatory testing.

Edited by Norby