Free Lab Testing For Patients?

You mean to be sold from one stranger to another, I assume? You don't want your christmas cookies to be tested at family gatherings, right?

right. only talking large scale sales in a store of course.

you know, where corners are cut, for profits.

are you suggesting we dont need food regulation and testing of foods in this country? sorry its a long thread i might not understand what distinctions everyone is making.

i think we had this argument before and we came to an agreement.

the people who want testing will pay higher price for testing

the people who dont want it , will not care about testing.

"let the free market (aka people) decide"?

Edited by t-pain

There it is the prohibitionist's mantra. And that is my assertion. Patients do not need this "science" to know that marijuana works for them, and to try to mandate it is a disservice to all involved.

He has a good point, though. It was a huge miscalculation to popularize the phrase 'medical marijuana'.

The word 'medical' leads us down this path, IMO it has nothing to do with actual cannabis. If there were a nationwide movement touting medical tomatoes, it would also lead here.

I am against mandatory testing, FTR.

Who does that? Get real. You are totally ridiculous! 

People don't do that?  Google shows

About 1,420,000 results (0.68 seconds)  for rick simpson oil

I'm totally ridiculous?  I'm not advocating people make RSO.  The people who advocate people make RSO which specifically calls for Coleman camp fuel Naptha are ridiculous.  Then they go on to say it is a medical product and try to sell it in a dispensary.  How am I the ridiculous one?

Edited by garyfisher

I feel like this thread is building the "Legalize for everyone so they can decide" platform harder than the medical marijuana one.

Without full legalization people aren't free to choose their path of relief. The Government will regulate anything that helps people. They leave lots of things that harm alone, but anything that helps must be regulated.

If you know a shot of vodka at 3:30 in the afternoon will help your headache then you can self-prescribe that and the product you use will be fully tested to an exacting standard. Or you can distill your own...no you can't....

If a beer at 3:30 in the afternoon will do the same thing then you get one fully tested to an exacting standard. Or you can distill your own and use that without it being tested.

Just wondering how much knowing test results (other than pesticides) would benefit the average consumer. We are given numbers but how are they properly interpreted?

Assuming the result from OG Kush #1 was 16% THC and 0% CBD and OG Kush #2 was 20% THC and 0% CBD, what would this tell me as far as real world results?

Is 4% enough to make a noticeable difference? If so how much? How would you describe the difference the 4% makes?

Wouldn't you still need to actually sample both to accurately know how they will effect you?

As mentioned earlier, what is the margin of error, 5%?

Edited by Wild Bill

People don't do that?  Google shows

About 1,420,000 results (0.68 seconds)  for rick simpson oil

I'm totally ridiculous?  I'm not advocating people make RSO.  The people who advocate people make RSO which specifically calls for Coleman camp fuel Naptha are ridiculous.  Then they go on to say it is a medical product and try to sell it in a dispensary.  How am I the ridiculous one?

I've been an advocate to not even use the term RSO because of the bad baggage the name carries. I make an attempt every time I post about oil to draw the line between cannabis oil and RSO. No one who comes to this web site and reads thinks that naptha is good to use for extractions. None. Give credit where it is due and point your fingers at those that keep using the bad baggage terms. 

True, but that does not negate the fact that it happens and...

some people do not know what cannabis medicine is.

Isn't medicine suppose to smell badly to work?

I have heard these very words more than once in my life.

I am not advocating for anything here, only commenting

based solely on my experience and opinion.

edit: this reply is to Zap.

resto, troll someone else.

Edited by imiubu

True, but that does not negate the fact that it happens and...

some people do not know what cannabis medicine is.

Isn't medicine suppose to smell badly to work?

I have heard these very words more than once in my life.

I am not advocating for anything here, only commenting

based solely on my experience and opinion.

So you have seen people use naptha or are you 'just sayin'?

It is not a mistake, it's medical regardless of what we think, and regardless of testing. Incidentally, legalization would not have passed, and probably still won't to this day.

There are many herbal medicines available that are not tested to the ridiculous degree indicated by the dispensary bill. I heard you can even get some herbals medicines that are completely untested at English Gardens.

I see your point and agree with it, however, the reality is very few, if any, of those herbals are as famous or controversial as cannabis. The curse of success, I guess.

It is also true that a market functions best when the consumer has as much useful information about the products they're buying.

The primary value I see in chromatography, in any form - home kits, labs, etc - is the ability to spot CBD. Not so much quantify it, just qualify it.

Granted, CBD is not the end all be all of cannabinoids, but it is definitely useful to some people. I think it's important for people to have access to that information, and they can with most home kits.

more people need to provide sources to their assertions. yes. or videos of people using said substances.of course lab tests for solvents are different than a normal GC though?maybe norhternlabs can comment about solvents in test results ?

I know that Grey Wolf has had quite a bit of extract tested for residual solvent. They have access to labs out west that can do solvent analysis. I believe it can be done with a GC and FID or HPLC, but you will only get resolution down to PPM. A GCMS set up properly would have higher resolution, down into ppb, and I believe that is what the folks out west are using for residual solvents.