Free Lab Testing For Patients?

i think that is a possibility of course bob.

on one hand we have crazy prohibitionists trying to sabotage our law, and on the other hand the house did pass this edibles bill past year 100-9 that would increase our allowed weight limits on edibles.

so i'm torn, like many people in this situation.

should we support the legislature opening our act or should we torpedo it, like resto says?

Riddle me this please. What is the harm that cannabis produces that would require we spend one plug nickel to examine? Testing for quality control purposes, fine, but the damm stuff always works, sometimes in higher or lower doses due to a handful of factors. What adulterants present a risk? Who here has ever been harmed? If not here, where are they? I cannot find them. There is nowhere we would expect to find harm more than here.

That said, it did cure my neighbors' ignorance.

Edited by GregS

that language regarding "gaseous" came up in negotiations back in the Fall of 2013.  It was in the Washington (State of) bill.  Hence it was viewed as credible.

as t-pain can attest, as he took the time to look it up, it was changed before passage.

The error was that the gaseous verbage reflected the extraction method of the oil, rather than reflecting the final product.

So in the Michigan bill, if passed, gaseous is less than ambiguous.  It is utterly the wrong words.

Zap is correct, if it were to pass as written, oil would be allow in a 2.5 oz measurement.  

Liquid is intended to pick up, waters, soda, yeah, liquid items.... of which oil is not included.

I just never understood the whole oil fad. 

It's not a fad for me. I take only the best buds off a plant and make oil out of the rest of it. Oil stores good. It vapes good. It's just a smart use of cannabis. You extract a plant and then you have all that plant had to offer. It's like a time capsule for future uses. When the science catches up to patients we will be able to extract the exact components we want out of the oil we have. Using oil is the best way to make edibles. It's the best way to control a dosage. It's just super smart!

It's the most stealth way to use and store cannabis. The ways to vape oil are improving very quickly as people invent new ways. Cannabis oil is the cannabis of the future. It doesn't even matter if it is legal or not because it's King Cannabis. Might as well get used to that.

First, I obviously don't care that people use oil,... I just do not necessarily understand it.  Making oil(generally) destroys much of what is positive from an extract.  It is not clean because of residues, even though I think people overreact to the small amount of residue that may be left(CO2 extract is the future?).  You create high amounts of CBN, destroy terpenes, flavonoids, phenols(again generally).  It is messy. It takes a long time to make and filter. Etc.

Kief stores as good as anything else. It makes edibles easier than anything else. Consistant measuring is easy. It is clean. It is pure. No residues. Better retrieval of wanted substances. All IMO of course.

Why do harsh extracts? Is there something in the vegetative matter you feel you need? More thorough stripping?  Just a mere preference of ingestion?

And why is it kids are told oil is the only way?  What is wrong with keif? Just juicy beautiful trichomes?  :-)

I am not arguing 'against' anything here. I am just wondering why there is such a fad occurring over oil the last few years.  Because of e-cigarettes?

Liquid is intended to pick up, waters, soda, yeah, liquid items.... of which oil is not included.

i'm curious where you are reading in the bill that oil is not considered a liquid. is it not marijuana infused with alcohol (assuming its made with alcohol for the time being)?

i think that is a possibility of course bob.

on one hand we have crazy prohibitionists trying to sabotage our law, and on the other hand the house did pass this edibles bill past year 100-9 that would increase our allowed weight limits on edibles.

so i'm torn, like many people in this situation.

should we support the legislature opening our act or should we torpedo it, like resto says?

We do the work that needs to be done. For my part, I will continue to work the people in Lansing. 

Riddle me this please. What is the harm that cannabis produces that would require we spend one plug nickel to examine? Testing for quality control purposes, fine.

the bill only mandates that edibles are to be tested, for mold and bacteria and pesticides.

nowhere in the bill does it require testing for cannabinoid content.

nor does the bill require testing of buds.

did anyone here actually even read the bill? or are you all being dense on purpose?

Edited by t-pain

that language regarding "gaseous" came up in negotiations back in the Fall of 2013.  It was in the Washington (State of) bill.  Hence it was viewed as credible.

as t-pain can attest, as he took the time to look it up, it was changed before passage.

The error was that the gaseous verbage reflected the extraction method of the oil, rather than reflecting the final product.

So in the Michigan bill, if passed, gaseous is less than ambiguous.  It is utterly the wrong words.

Zap is correct, if it were to pass as written, oil would be allow in a 2.5 oz measurement.  

There is a distinction between fatty, which are made of short chain lipids and mix readily with others, and aqueous liquids which dissolve together, but yeah, they are still liquids. Do you see that notion having legs for any of our purposes?

I mean, I understand the angle here, but the term is "marihuana-infused product".  Is oil a marijuana infused product? Or is oil what you use to make a marijuana infused product?  Also, with the addition of extract to usable marijuana definition it makes it rather specific I think.

you are saying a mixture of marijuana and butane or marijuana and alcohol would be plant resin, or extract? instead of being a marijuana infused product liquid ?

they didnt define plant resin or extract (or liquid or solid) which pisses me off :P

Edited by t-pain

you are saying a mixture of marijuana and butane or marijuana and alcohol would be plant resin, or extract? instead of being a marijuana infused product liquid ?

Well 'tincture' is a product.

At what point does it go from being an extract!/resin? and become an infused product?

I see a few weird zones, but it is pretty straight forward and intent will be measured as well.

the answer is:

oil INTENDED for eating is considered a marijuana infused product - liquid.

oil INTENDED for smoking is considered an extract or resin.

also, infused products contain "usable marihuana" which means a infused product can contain extracts or resins.

seriously who wrote this bunny muffin?

Edited by t-pain

so a tincture of cannabis oil intended for non-smoking ingestion is considered a marijuana infused liquid. ?

while a butane extract of marijuana intended for smoking is considered "usable marihuana".

guys, i'm not trying to argue, i just want to come to the correct answer or at least try to clarify the bill so we dont have 16 coa cases on the subj ok?

Edited by t-pain