Disabled And Want To Grow Again

Drew1960

Keep in mind that raising the height of the base of the plant also raises the height of the top of the plant.  I have similar age and disability issues, and built me a table, and went from five gallon buckets down to three gallons to save weight and height and maybe help grow somewhat smaller plants, with the intention of sticking to medium to short genetics and keeping plant height under strict control. I'm still working on that last part, which is mostly a lack of discipline on my part.  The table otherwise works great for simple drip and drain setup.

Keep in mind that raising the height of the base of the plant also raises the height of the top of the plant.  I have similar age and disability issues, and built me a table, and went from five gallon buckets down to three gallons to save weight and height and maybe help grow somewhat smaller plants, with the intention of sticking to medium to short genetics and keeping plant height under strict control. I'm still working on that last part, which is mostly a lack of discipline on my part.  The table otherwise works great for simple drip and drain setup.

Hey thanks for this!!..Going to look in to this as well!!

I know it was already to have a locked facility outdoors to grow and you said you would love to have a greenhouse. Me personally, I am too paranoid to grow outside, but it has been working out great for my first cancer patient. What I am getting at is concentrates. My former patient does an outdoor grow. One harvest and he is able to produce enough concentrate to last him for the year. He prefers RSO or Rick Simpson Oil. It is not too difficult to make a year's worth at once. You can always pay somebody to get the ground prepped. If you are able to have the outdoor grow out of sight to the public, it should not cost too much for the fencing for an enclosure. Then you would need chicken wire or something similar for a top or roof. You would be able to easily maintain your organic growing. It should not cost too much to have someone prep it for you. The most efficient way I know how to use cannabis is eating decarbed concentrates. More efficient means less work and less need to grow more. Just something to consider. I have heard of people receiving the best results from ingesting the decarbed concentrate vs. smoking or vaping. I wish I had the carpentry skills.

I know it was already to have a locked facility outdoors to grow and you said you would love to have a greenhouse. Me personally, I am too paranoid to grow outside, but it has been working out great for my first cancer patient. What I am getting at is concentrates. My former patient does an outdoor grow. One harvest and he is able to produce enough concentrate to last him for the year. He prefers RSO or Rick Simpson Oil. It is not too difficult to make a year's worth at once. You can always pay somebody to get the ground prepped. If you are able to have the outdoor grow out of sight to the public, it should not cost too much for the fencing for an enclosure. Then you would need chicken wire or something similar for a top or roof. You would be able to easily maintain your organic growing. It should not cost too much to have someone prep it for you. The most efficient way I know how to use cannabis is eating decarbed concentrates. More efficient means less work and less need to grow more. Just something to consider. I have heard of people receiving the best results from ingesting the decarbed concentrate vs. smoking or vaping. I wish I had the carpentry skills.

can you describe how he makes his RSO and storage suggestions

thank you?

can you describe how he makes his RSO and storage suggestions

thank you?

I cannot describe how he makes it, I have never watched him do it. I know he used to give classes on how, but I never attended one. His learning was through the Run From the Cure Video and from me describing my method, the RSO method using 99% iso. I don't make RSO anymore. I would if I needed an emergency large sum of decarbed oil though. A lot of people get that mixed up when RSO is brought up. It depends on where you are posting. Some people relate RSO strictly to using naphtha as the solvent, which I do not recommend. It has been proven to be dangerous and contain toxins. I have only used 99% iso, so when I am talking about RSO, I am referring to using 99% iso. If I were to make it again, I will probably use 200 proof ethanol or KleenXtract.

I just make the ND Sap now because it is at least 200% more efficient than the RSO.

I can speak for storing the RSO. I like to store it in 1 of 2 ways. Storing it in quality syringes (no needle). Then also sealed in a jar. Just in case they syringes leak or ooze they are in a clean jar and the oil can be recovered. I have stored RSO for up to 3 years and did not notice any degradation. It did get a bit darker and more thick though. A dry, dark, and cool environment would be the best place for long term storage. The other way of storage would be in vials. Then I would store the vials inside a sealed jar for the same reason as the syringes.

When I made RSO it was very potent. All that was needed is a small vial and a toothpick for dosing. Fully heat decarbed RSO, the effects would last about 12 hours. The same quality oil, but less heat, treated more delicate, requiring 2 to 6 weeks to finish naturally decarbing, that extended the buzz to up to 24 hours. Now that I switched to natural decarbing, no heat, same quality oil, that has extended the buzz from 24 to 48 hours. I only need to take a dose once every 2 days. I just think it is more efficient eating the oil and it is easy to preserve the oil. Then again, oil is not for everyone. Many consider it to be too potent and it does not work out for them depending on the need for the medicine. The only downside I see with the oil is it can be easy to take too much.

I do all my RSO or ND Sap making utilizing the frozen extraction method.

I still have some, going on 4 years now, stored the way I described above. I have not sampled any for about a year though. I will have to sample some one of these days and see if it degraded any. Next time I crack open that jar I will.

The less you crack the storage jar open, the better. It would be wise to use more than one jar. I don't think it would have gotten thicker and darker if the jar was never cracked open. In this case, I am referring to the syringes being stored in the jar. Just guessing, it would have stayed the same if the jar would not have been opened on an off for those three years. The jar was opened many times to access other syringes stored in the same jar. I also had 1 gram syringes stored in the same jar.

Indigo made a good suggestion with perlite. It weighs nearly nothing and is very forgiving if you over water and is easy to flush if needed. Also much easier to carry bags of perlite than soil. Probably fewer pests in the perlite too. I met a guy once with a wrecked back. He grew in hempy buckets with perlite and had an automatic watering system. The problem with soil and auto watering is that some plants will need more water than others, so it becomes easy to over-water.

I know about these concentrates.The good thing about growing outdoors is you can grow the numbers you need to produce the Oil...I have heard good things about the Rick Simpson Oil...I agree with your method of injestion,,it's just that I like my vapourizor as well....Thank you for this info...Yea I know now when to ask for help,but I can still build a little..with help

thanks GG. I use the term "RSO" generically too. Sometimes people may assume I'm talking about naptha, but they are wrong. I think the term rso has been branded sort of, good or bad, like it or not, most people relate to the term. I was pretty sure you use iso and was afraid some may not be aware.

thanks again

thanks GG, i didnt know it lasted 3 years. useful info.

I stated I would sample the almost 4 year old RSO if I ever opened the jar again.

For unfortunate reasons, I did end up opening the jar and I sampled it.

Looks, texture, and potency were all the same from when I initially sealed the jar. This confirms it for me. If it is sealed in a vial or a syringe then sealed in a jar and it is not opened, it should stay fully preserved.

In my house the temperatures fluctuate from 65 to 95 degrees throughout the year. After nearly 4 years and being exposed to other elements, it basically did not degrade at all. I would have to assume if it were sealed up properly right after being made, it may last decades.

Who knows how long it would stay preserved if it were sealed properly and buried or kept frozen. The concentrates have an awesome shelf life. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs. Another thing with concentrated cannabis oil, naturally or heat decarbed, you don't ever really build up a tolerance to it unless it is taken three times per day. I am going on 5 years of taking maintenance doses. My tolerance has not changed. That is amazing to me. I can't think of any other drug that offers that.

Hey GG, do you have a full tutorial on here for how you make your ND Sap? 

Kind of. It is a work in progress.

I have come to the realization that keeping it in somewhat of a liquid state, like honey  or a bit thinner, helps it decarb faster and more of a full decarb. If using a solvent like 99% iso for instance, you can always allow it to finish the purge after it is naturally decarbed.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-1098-rso-qwiso-qwet-and-naturally-decarbed-sap-tincture-concentrates-and-other-essential-plant-oils-by-grow-goddess/

I pretty much document everything in my blogs. I guess you could say they are a public diary of sorts.