Basement Repair And Waterproofing

I would like to know if any members here can recomend an honest and reliable company,or individual in Genesee County that can do work on a budget.I moved here a few years ago,and the basement needs work in order for me to have a doecent environment to set up a grow.Any sugestions please??

How many plants are you think about doing  ? if its just for yourself you could do that anywhere  the only plants that need to flower would just need a dark area for 12 hours 

I would like to start out with hallf dozen plants,I also have 2 people that want to eventually grow for.My upstairs area is rather small,but in my basement I would have lots of room.I am low income,I would just like to have it fixed,water proofed,and not be ripped off.

Edited by Drew1960

Best bet (on a budget) is to do it on ur own. Depending on size & materials, u likely will get bids in excess of a grand, esp if u do the walls as well.

Some elbow greese & u could do an epoxy mix for under 500... depending on size & all.

Really u just need to clean any loose debris, caulk any cracks, and start painting. U could buy the gear & just have some kids from the neighborhood do it if u supervise... depending on how picky u will be about the work. This is ur second cheapest option.

Without a recommendation, I'd look for a contractor who belongs to the Better Business Bureau although I'm sure some good contractors don't belong. Also get at least a few written estimates from contractors before making a decision.

What have your Google results told for "basement waterproofing"? Are you getting enough results (or do you live in the boonies, perhaps)?

If you know what work needs to be done and even how to do it (but can't, as you stated), after meeting a few contractors for estimates, you could decide on the honest sounding one, or lowest bidder or keep looking for the right contractor.

If you don't have the money at the moment (which doesn't seem to be an issue for you), unless your basement has rivulets of water rushing around, you could grow in a tent ($150?), and for flowering buy a de-humidifier ($150?) and run it ($100? in electricity during flower, only). For your vegging plants, they'd love the humidity, no matter how wet it is in your basement.

be careful in veg and flower in a humid basement. Mites, powdery mildews, and worse have happened in veg and flower in high humidity environments.  They make all kinds of tents, wheel in ones, whole room sizes, with divided rooms inside. This is like total control and highly rec'd by me, even after your basement is finished.

I supported a maze of tents in my office before I built an outdoor building to grow in.

I did enjoy having it close by, but the first malfunction of my hydroponic system

sent me whirling through my checkbook to get the garden out of my house. At the same time I discovered the bliss of organic indoor mj and my choice(current even) of fertilizer was an olfactory insult. The garden scent was strong with perpetually flowered plants always just about ready, weekly harvests, and drying. the move was smooth, expensive, but worth the effort for me. I'm amazed at the amount of space a grower can use if afforded. My work in the new space consumes near 8 times the square footage as before, with the same amount of plants/lights/controls !

Without a recommendation, I'd look for a contractor who belongs to the Better Business Bureau although I'm sure some good contractors don't belong. Also get at least a few written estimates from contractors before making a decision.

What have your Google results told for "basement waterproofing"? Are you getting enough results (or do you live in the boonies, perhaps)?

If you know what work needs to be done and even how to do it (but can't, as you stated), after meeting a few contractors for estimates, you could decide on the honest sounding one, or lowest bidder or keep looking for the right contractor.

If you don't have the money at the moment (which doesn't seem to be an issue for you), unless your basement has rivulets of water rushing around, you could grow in a tent ($150?), and for flowering buy a de-humidifier ($150?) and run it ($100? in electricity during flower, only). For your vegging plants, they'd love the humidity, no matter how wet it is in your basement.

Hey thanks for this>>>Yes I check Google..and have local companies with good reviews.I have had an estimate for 4k..He said I could put half down,and make payments for the rest...which is doable...and he seems to understand how to fix the problem to my satisfaction..Glad to hear though I could start some little ones soon....