Well Worded Request For < Blank > Caregiver

rockinsteady

How do you handle people who are entirely new to cannabis? What do you recommend to start? What should a patient request to start?

At first I was like "awesome, I'll help those who need tutorial assistance with the use of medical cannabis". Then, after a couple years of this, I was like "Please be happy, mature and an experienced medical marijuana user"

I usually begin with a half dozen or so cannabis cup winners and mostly find at least one of them is "wow, the best I ever had" type of review. Our garden here is comprised of "like" effects, meaning its not all over the map with sativas and hazes, mostly because I don't require them for my own medical needs.

You have me thinking of my grandparents, I'm 34, they're in their late 70s or so. In the 90s when I was getting in typical teenager trouble which had a lot to do with cannibis grandma would scold me about how bad pot is because them dealers lace it etc....

Pretty sure they're not stupid and know I use but times have drastically changed. However I'm sort of prepared for if the topic were to come up ever.

First have them watch Sanjay Gupta's weed documentaries, I know there's things in there we don't like, but they feel better having CNN comfort them first. Then maybe the new one on Netflix a culture high.

Then maybe grandma and grandpa should get some vape pens? :)

I recommend starting to educate them sooner than later regarding the medicinal benefits. I kept it hush-hush with my family members. Bad things can pop up fast. I just learned this the hard way. I wish I would have educated my loved ones a long time ago. It is a lot for someone to consider when they are at a point of no time. If I could hit a restart button, I would have started educating my parents and grandparents about the medicinal properties and benefits of cannabis sooner rather than later.

Well GG, thankfully for how old they are their health is stellar! So short of recreating on the davenport (grandma for couch) and staring at the lake they don't have much of a need. Well, I'm sure it would help the joints, but they don't NEED a joint. Lmao!

If they were 60 instead of 80 I might think differently. And if they ever end up on pain meds long term we'll have a chat.

Mom is in the know now so that generation of my family is covered, :)

Patients that have never or rarely used marijuana before is something that I have dealt with in a few of my past patients. I found that working with them and helping them as much as I can along their journey allowed us to find the perfect formula and really get them the help they needed. As others have stated I started with helping them to take their very first toke, vape or medible and slowly introduced them to it and it worked out every time.

Edited to add that true I nor them knew what their regular usage would be like but they got the relief they needed and we eventually found out. Them getting the help and relief they needed was the most important thing.

Edited by ozzrokk

2nd best thread today! My Dad grounded me for a month in 1978 at the age of 13. Fast forward to 2015, his last two visits he has been in my rooms asking all kinds of questions, at the table trimming with me, etc... It takes a

lifetime to educatesome. My Mom is sick and I have 4 oz prime bud waiting to process as soon as we educate some more.

Edited by PFC Stone