Post-Vaped Pot, Get In My Mouth!

Don't throw out pot that's been vaped: instead eat it or cook with it. Post-vaped pot is already decarboxylated by the vaporizer's heat, so it's ready to eat. There will still be plenty of “bang” (bangh?) left even after vaping it.

I put my post-vape in gelatin capsules which I swallow. You can buy gelatin capsules from health food stores or the Net for about a penny each (1000 ct for $10-12).

capsize-2-.jpeg?t=1399040563

#00 gelatin capsules are big, but small enough to swallow easily, for me at least.. The capsule size is a gauge number; the smaller number indicates a smaller larger size: the #00 is bigger than the #0, which is bigger than the #1 size and so on. Size “1” has about half the volume of the “00”. I can get about ¼ gram of powdered pot into a #00 capsule with compaction, or a bit less if I don't compact it as much.

I use a capsule filling tool (about $20) which I load with the two halves of the capsules, 20 caps at a time. You fill and compact them, then push the two halves of the tool together. You can find cap fillers for most common sizes of capsules 00, 0, and 1.

the_capsule_machine__31487.jpg

I just bought a second filling machine for #1 size since I was getting too blasted with the #00. I can always take two #1's if I want to get wasted. I've actually taken three #00 at once, and it got me uncomfortably stoned, and plenty sleepy.

There are different colored capsules; even bi-colored caps (each half being a different color). You can buy two colors of caps then mix and match the two halves of the caps: for example, Sativa in all clear, Indica in colored cap, and a mix in the clear/colored caps. Or just drop a pinch of baking flour (or some other powder of whatever color) into the bottom of the clear capsules to mark them (after they are filled, the clear end will show the powder to help identify the cap's contents).

You can also put your pet's meds or pills in a capsule, making them easier for the animal to swallow, especially if it's a bitter pill. Just like with a pill, put the cap in the back of the animal's throat (back of tongue), close his mouth and stroke the front of his throat until you feel him swallow. Or tuck the meds into some hamburger, in which case you don't really need a cap that much.

edit: corrected what "gauge" means in third paragraph:

"... #00 gelatin capsules are big, but small enough to swallow easily, for me at least.. The capsule size is a gauge number; the smaller number indicates a smaller larger size: the #00 is bigger than the #0, ..."

I've yet to eat maruijuana with any noticeable effects. I've had plenty of cookies and brownies. Made butter myself out of saved up shake from the bottom of pounds back when I sold before I moved here.

How long does it take to feel stoned/high/baked?

If I have marijuana that was harvested at least 90 days ago is it decarboxylated?

I'm interested in eating because just smoking a bowl doesn't cut it usually unless there's hash involved. Since I'm paralyzed and have young teenage boys I don't want a vape rig. I try to not glorify pot around my kids in hopes they will live a more productive life than myself :)

Thanks

between 10 mins and 1 hour to feel it when ingesting.

thats after eating 1-2 grams of bud.

i'm surprised you dont feel it though when eating.

eating raw bud, its important to chew it up good. after doing that i feel it start in my mouth first, then it moves to my head a little, and after 30 mins starts doing the body high.

feel the effects last 12 to 24 hours or more. unlike smoking which is usually gone in a few hours. although the pain relief does not last the whole time, but the mind and body side effects are still there.

try eating both raw bud and maybe cooked bud. like put it in an oven at 200-300F for 15-30 mins or so? be interesting to see the results of one vs the other.

eating vaped bud is a little different than raw bud.

depending on how much you vape off of it, once , twice maybe three times until its 100% brown?

Edited by t-pain

i have a microwave + regular oven combo that has bottom and top heating elements like a regular oven, plus microwave ability. remember to not put the metal oven trays in when microwaving and dont put the microwave plate in when using the oven or broiler setting!

its from japan. i had to lookup every japanese symbol to translate all of the buttons.

If I have marijuana that was harvested at least 90 days ago is it decarboxylated?

I usually burp after 30 minutes, and it makes me notice that I might be a bit high already. But, at 1 hour, there is not doubt I'm high and it lasts evenly strong for 4 hours, maybe 6 hours. I can still feel the pot after waking up 8 hours later, and perhaps even up to 12 hours. I usually take one cap every 4 four hours to keep a steady high. Remember that I'm not eating much (1/4 gram or so of post vape) in a #00 cap. I just switched to the smaller #1 cap every 4 hours and it's a lot more of a "reasonable" high. 

As for decarboxylating without heat (using time instead), I'm not sure at all. Maybe someone who is an edible wizard can chime in.

i have a microwave + regular oven combo that has bottom and top heating elements like a regular oven, plus microwave ability. remember to not put the metal oven trays in when microwaving and dont put the microwave plate in when using the oven or broiler setting!

its from japan. i had to lookup every japanese symbol to translate all of the buttons.

The bottom revolving tray in my microwave is metal, so the myth of NO metal in microwave is wrong. You just can't add a bunch of metal into a microwave unless you have a lot of water/oil/food in the oven along with the metal. Also, never let the metal touch the sides of the microwave, or you'll get arcs, sparks, smoke, smell and scorch marks where the metal touched the walls. This usually happens when a bit of aluminum foil touches the sides of the oven, but any metal will do that.

So, to reiterate: you can put a small amount by weight of metal compared to moist food (containing water or fat) in the microwave, but not if you put pot in there (not a lot of weight due to water), and never let any metal touch the sides of the oven.

One exception where it seems a tiny amount of metal is bad in microwaves is for plates or cups with gold or silver trim (made of metal). The thin flakes of metal that make up the trim might burn and turn ugly colors (not gold anymore). I doubt modern plates use gold, but antique plates might well have used gold.

I didn't do an exhaustive search of the Net, but here's a Good Housekeeping article which, among other things, says not to put crumbled aluminum foil in a microwave, but you can use smooth sheets of aluminum foil:

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/institute/a21522/microwave-metal-safely/

I'm sure there are interesting YouTube vids of folks deliberately destroying microwave ovens by putting whole eggs and metal in them. If you are camping, you could start a good fire with a microwave oven if you have electricity. No need to rub sticks together...

I've yet to eat maruijuana with any noticeable effects. I've had plenty of cookies and brownies. Made butter myself out of saved up shake from the bottom of pounds back when I sold before I moved here.

I'm interested in eating because just smoking a bowl doesn't cut it usually unless there's hash involved. Since I'm paralyzed and have young teenage boys I don't want a vape rig. I try to not glorify pot around my kids in hopes they will live a more productive life than myself :)

Thanks

I decarb cured bud at 280f for 20 minutes. Tried .25 gr in 00 cap - too much (during the day)! I now do .125 gr give or take a bit, and it's just about right.

Regarding when it takes affect. If I take it on an empty stomach I feel it within the hour. If after eating it takes 2-4 hours.. When the pain calls, I'll take one every 3 to 4 hours which does the trick. Once I build up a load - no pun intended - I have to be careful with the following dose as it hits me hard. I "try" to wait until I peak before taking another cap.. Still working on the timing, how much food is in my stomach, etc.

Haven't tried to ingest vaped bud yet, but have use it for oil, tinctures, etc. Still has a punch.