Help Us Sue The State Of Michigan

USE THE FORM AT BOTTOM OF PAGE TO JOIN LAWSUIT

Citizens of a state are able to sue their state after certain criteria are met. The Marijuana Patients Organization and over 20,000 Michigan medical marijuana patients are prepared to sue the State of Michigan for not providing clarity to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA). Are you interested in joining our suit; have you been harmed by the State of Michigan? Are you a Michigan resident?

The government has the obligation of maintaining public programs that are under its direct control. The State is culpable for the roads it maintains and schools it administers. Sensitive and admittedly dangerous issues like medical marijuana and its distribution should be a high priority for anyone that warns of the medicine’s possible dangers. The State of Michigan has failed its most vulnerable and weakest citizens by failing to enact consistent policies or legislation regarding the distribution, use, and cultivation of marijuana by participants of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA). The state has endangered both patients and caregivers. By not ensuring a consistent framework for the distribution of medical marijuana, and after 7 years, the state has failed to protect patients and caregivers that have been arrested or prosecuted based solely where they are transacting or consuming medical marijuana geographically.

The Oakland County prosecutor is responsible for the majority of court cases heard by the Supreme court. Judges make rulings as to how to interpret the law but law enforcement and prosecutors decide when and or how to enforce the law. Simply put, the State is subject to differential enforcement. Some areas of the state, Oakland County in particular, are not respecting state law and the State of Michigan has done nothing.

State law provides absolute protections for Michigan medical marijuana patients against arrest or loss of assets for possessing a state issued patient or caregiver card. Some courts, like Oakland county circuit courts have attempted to take or ‘interpret’ away those protections.

The State Appeals courts and Supreme Court have rarely found common ground regarding the MMMA. Due to the discretion of police work; local police jurisdictions, and individual officers are allowed to use their own interpretations of the MMMA. No training efforts or consistent education has ever been delivered to State, County or Local law enforcement agencies.

FACTS:

1. The Michigan Medical Marijuana Act of 2008 (MMMA) is a state administered program available to ALL residents of the State of Michigan with certain qualifying medical conditions.
  2. The MMMA is characterized as confusing and ambiguous for both opponents and proponents of the Act.
  3. The State of Michigan has generated over $50,000,000 in revenue since passage of the Act.
  4. The government had constructive knowledge of the ‘broken or confusing’ medical marijuana laws.
  5. The government failed to take action necessary to rectify the situation.
  6. There are fewer registered MMMA patients today than in 2011. This has been partially attributed to law enforcement intimidation.

http://marijuanapatients.org/sue-michigan/

I think a lot of good people have been put under completely unnecessary stress by the way the state has handled this program.  Our Attorney General has gone way out of his way to make any participants in the program feel like they are still criminals.

How many of us that were trying their best to follow the state's medical marijuana rules, felt some level of fear of law enforcement?  I know I sure looked over my shoulder a number of times and I was clearly following our state laws as I understood them.  How many family problems were caused by the intentional lack of statewide clarity in this program?

There seems to be an inevitable level of resistance from LEO when things change.  Cannabis policing has always sort of been a luxury to the police and there is resistance in giving that up.  That really was not the problem here in Michigan.

An Attorney General that worked to implement the program rather than one that worked incessantly to bury the program, would have made all of the difference.  We all know that man, along with a group of his former COA associates, have been responsible, through their twisted opinions, for nearly all of the grief suffered by patients and caregivers here in Michigan.

I have to agree though that asking our current legislature to fix it, is sure to backfire.

I sure felt nervous growing marijuana, not because of the law, but because of the way zealous police were
treating those who were breaking the law. I know one grower who was hassled by police, after they raided a dispensary and found he sold marijuana to the dispensary. He wanted to change the laws too of course. Unfortunately confused patients cant sue the state with this dispensary owner, as stated on his online form "Have you been arrested, harassed or had rights violated since becoming a state of Michigan patient or caregiver? *  Statistically, his number will be low I've heard.

ALL of the other growers I know seem to have a good understanding of the law, enough to avoid trouble since 2008. I will continue to support them.

Patient Reminder: 12 plants, locked up no visitors , clones count,  2.5 ounces, in a case in the trunk, don't share, don't drive under the influence

Caregiver Reminder: 12 plants per patient locked up, clones count, 2.5 ounces per patient, in a case in the trunk, don't drive under the influence, don't share with anyone else not registered to you. 

does anyone know the actual number of registered patients/caregivers who have been "been harmed by the State of Michigan" with the Marijuana Act ?

did you count all of the arrests in the 750.474 thread? note that those are only the ones i can find, there will be many more not reported in papers.

I didn't count any of them yet. Were those arrests of people who were not following the Act rules?

but what of this "MCL 750.474 (so called illegal transport) does not apply to the medical use of marijuana as found in MCL 333.26421 - MCL 333.26430 (the MMMA)."

so if that's not part of the MMMA, then how can one sue over the confusion of the MMMA law right?

so these people are saying that running a dispensary, the mmma has harmed them? heh. they are vague about it for sure.

choo got eet mang :bling:

and the other 999 people will sue because they couldn't count clones, lock doors, see a doctor, get a card, put their gear in the trunk,

keep their bud between their own patients,  know the difference between six sides and five...that kind of stuff. bad ole Act could have 'splained that better they think?

If they won, we'd be buggered by the time they chewed the Act up. Funny how a debilitating disease can put some patients to the

ground, while others are suddenly inclined to enterprise and go back to work, against the Act that allowed them to medicate in the first place legally.

On the other hand being raided because you forgot to tighten the cap on your Rx narcotic bottle in your own home is ridiculous, and how I see many of these infractions.

Edited by grassmatch

USE THE FORM AT BOTTOM OF PAGE TO JOIN LAWSUIT

Citizens of a state are able to sue their state after certain criteria are met. The Marijuana Patients Organization and over 20,000 Michigan medical marijuana patients are prepared to sue the State of Michigan for not providing clarity to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA). Are you interested in joining our suit; have you been harmed by the State of Michigan? Are you a Michigan resident?

The government has the obligation of maintaining public programs that are under its direct control. The State is culpable for the roads it maintains and schools it administers. Sensitive and admittedly dangerous issues like medical marijuana and its distribution should be a high priority for anyone that warns of the medicine’s possible dangers. The State of Michigan has failed its most vulnerable and weakest citizens by failing to enact consistent policies or legislation regarding the distribution, use, and cultivation of marijuana by participants of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA). The state has endangered both patients and caregivers. By not ensuring a consistent framework for the distribution of medical marijuana, and after 7 years, the state has failed to protect patients and caregivers that have been arrested or prosecuted based solely where they are transacting or consuming medical marijuana geographically.

The Oakland County prosecutor is responsible for the majority of court cases heard by the Supreme court. Judges make rulings as to how to interpret the law but law enforcement and prosecutors decide when and or how to enforce the law. Simply put, the State is subject to differential enforcement. Some areas of the state, Oakland County in particular, are not respecting state law and the State of Michigan has done nothing.

State law provides absolute protections for Michigan medical marijuana patients against arrest or loss of assets for possessing a state issued patient or caregiver card. Some courts, like Oakland county circuit courts have attempted to take or ‘interpret’ away those protections.

The State Appeals courts and Supreme Court have rarely found common ground regarding the MMMA. Due to the discretion of police work; local police jurisdictions, and individual officers are allowed to use their own interpretations of the MMMA. No training efforts or consistent education has ever been delivered to State, County or Local law enforcement agencies.

FACTS:

• The Michigan Medical Marijuana Act of 2008 (MMMA) is a state administered program available to ALL residents of the State of Michigan with certain qualifying medical conditions.
  • The MMMA is characterized as confusing and ambiguous for both opponents and proponents of the Act.
  • The State of Michigan has generated over $50,000,000 in revenue since passage of the Act.
  • The government had constructive knowledge of the ‘broken or confusing’ medical marijuana laws.
  • The government failed to take action necessary to rectify the situation.
  • There are fewer registered MMMA patients today than in 2011. This has been partially attributed to law enforcement intimidation.
http://marijuanapatients.org/sue-michigan/

Do you support this disgruntled ex dispensary owner and his cause?

I think a lot of good people have been put under completely unnecessary stress by the way the state has handled this program.  Our Attorney General has gone way out of his way to make any participants in the program feel like they are still criminals.

How many of us that were trying their best to follow the state's medical marijuana rules, felt some level of fear of law enforcement?  I know I sure looked over my shoulder a number of times and I was clearly following our state laws as I understood them.  How many family problems were caused by the intentional lack of statewide clarity in this program?

There seems to be an inevitable level of resistance from LEO when things change.  Cannabis policing has always sort of been a luxury to the police and there is resistance in giving that up.  That really was not the problem here in Michigan.

An Attorney General that worked to implement the program rather than one that worked incessantly to bury the program, would have made all of the difference.  We all know that man, along with a group of his former COA associates, have been responsible, through their twisted opinions, for nearly all of the grief suffered by patients and caregivers here in Michigan.

I have to agree though that asking our current legislature to fix it, is sure to backfire.

Thank you 

I agree  implementation of Law 1 of 2008 would have made all the difference  for people and all the family problems caused and  grief suffered by patients and caregivers and the COA has been against the Law right out of the gate 

I sure felt nervous growing marijuana, not because of the law, but because of the way zealous police were

treating those who were breaking the law. I know one grower who was hassled by police, after they raided a dispensary and found he sold marijuana to the dispensary. He wanted to change the laws too of course. Unfortunately confused patients cant sue the state with this dispensary owner, as stated on his online form "Have you been arrested, harassed or had rights violated since becoming a state of Michigan patient or caregiver? *  Statistically, his number will be low I've heard.

ALL of the other growers I know seem to have a good understanding of the law, enough to avoid trouble since 2008. I will continue to support them.

Patient Reminder: 12 plants, locked up no visitors , clones count,  2.5 ounces, in a case in the trunk, don't share, don't drive under the influence

Caregiver Reminder: 12 plants per patient locked up, clones count, 2.5 ounces per patient, in a case in the trunk, don't drive under the influence, don't share with anyone else not registered to you. 

Thanks

you did cover most things but it's my own opinion this part may help >>> 2) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marijuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marijuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition; and

That is not the MMMA harming them, it is MCL 750.474. Only the MMMA can protect them from that at this time.

Thanks

I am sorry to say i disagree with the part only the MMMA can protect them at this time because i do understand that you see things others may not but i have been a carded person for a long time and i can say today i do not know the Law as it is at this time i knew it back in 2008 but it has changed a lot 

we've been told he is a disgruntled dispensary owner. Beginning to make sense B&T, all these calls you get all the time with people in trouble with marijuana. I was starting to believe there were a lot of Act troubles, but maybe its just that you know most of them?

Did you see the part where dispensary owners are not even acting within the scope of the Act, making it silly to believe it could protect them?

Edited by grassmatch

No hassles here, nor among my friends with cards, nor among a grower I know who was raided by lots of cops who eventually left after they found that the grow was being done properly according to the current act. And this is in a very unfriendly cannabis county.

Thanks

That is great news and  i'am glad to here it today 

we've been told he is a disgruntled dispensary owner. Beginning to make sense B&T, all these calls you get all the time with people in trouble with marijuana. I was starting to believe there were a lot of Act troubles, but maybe its just that you know most of them?

Did you see the part where dispensary owners are not even acting within the scope of the Act, making it silly to believe it could protect them?

Thanks again 

No i did not see where dispensary owners were doing that      do you know a disgruntled dispensary owner ? And if you so do how does one act like that ?

let me refresh B, A caregiver may only sell to his registered five patients only.

A dispensary does not follow that rule.

I do not know anyone breaking the law in the Act, and guess a disgruntled ex dispensary owner would aspire to change laws to benefit his commercialization efforts, as this one is doing.  Of course he would enlist the help of others, social media, and propaganda to further his goals. I'm sure he personally appreciates your assistance in this social media outlet. :P