Endless Sky-Dr Greenthumb

SMOKE REPORT—
Endless Sky

Final Weight---
Plant 1- 6+ oz's
Plant 2- 7+ oz"s
Approximate weight- I lost track at the end but this is very close.

INFO-
Tester Name:
Dr Gruber and patient.

Strain:
Endless Sky
(Iranian Indica X Grenadine)

Breeder:
Dr Greenthumb

Grower:
Dr Gruber

Method Smoked:
Joints, glass pipes.
(Dr Gruber’s Personal Favorite-Joints)

Soil/Hydro:
Promix Potting Soil-(Drain to Waste)

Flower Time:
44-64 days
personal preference- 50-55 days

Grow Comments-

This strain uses more Phosphorus during early to mid veg then any strain i've grown. If Fisher420 at the Skunk Forum hadn't told me about their need of "P", I would have probably killed them all before they made it into the flower room.
After that, they were easy to grow and required the normal NPK ratios for Veg.

Note* It may be possible to have faster finish times if you start to slowly limit the nitrogen as flowering progresses.

Smell-
Earthy/Floral

Associated smells of bud:
Fruity

TASTE-
Floral/Fruity

Dominant flavor:
Floral

Associated flavors:
Earthy/ Hashy

Flavor Intensity-(Sour Diesel or Bubba Kush would be a 9 or 10.)

Harsh/smoothness: (1-10, 1 being extremely harsh and 10 being extremely smooth) --
8-Very smooth

Cough factor? : Yes/no ---
no

Flavor Comments-

While ES is not a flavor powerhouse like Chemdawg or Bubba Kush, it is certainly no slouch in that department. It has a sweet floral taste, that lingers on your taste buds for a while. The flavor reminds me very much of smoke from the late 80's/early 90's.
Not the top flavor in my garden but still a welcome addition for the most refined palette.

BUZZ Profile—

I asked one of my patients that had smoked Endless Sky years ago to help with the buzz profile. His ratings and comments will be in red.
We have different rating systems but you will get the idea.

Potency: (1-10, 1 being extremely weak and 10 being extremely potent)

My rating-9

Patient rating-"Solid 8"

Duration: (length of buzz, from first hit)
2 hours

Overall  Plant Rating-
Grower only-(yield+taste+potency+etc)
This plant yields well, has nice flavor and potency, and has really nice bag appeal.

Patient rating- (Potency + Taste+ Ease of Use)
Grinds well-easy to use in a one hitter.
Good Taste and Potency

Munchies: Yes/no----
Yes
No patient input

Comments-
'Relaxing but not couchlock. Not a super motivational buzz but good for pain relief. Exactly like the samples of ES I had years ago'.

I'm in total agreement with my patient on the buzz profile. It relaxes you but does not put you to sleep. Its very good at calming my leg spasms and other fibromyalgia type issues. Good for hanging out with friends, watching movies, or having conversations. Also good for watching sunsets or just looking at that Endless Sky.

-----------------------------------------------------
CHEMICAL ASTRINGENT-
Turpentine ()
Metallic ()
Ammonia ( ) - urine () - vinegar ( )
Bleach ()
Lotions () - plastics ( ) - glues ( )
Fuel ()
Rubber ()
Eucalyptus ()

SWEET-
fruity (x) - berry () - black/blue/raspberry () citrus () - orange () - lemon ( ) - lime () - apple () - mango () - grape () - cherry () - tutti fruity ()
floral (x) - perfume () - blossom () Tangerine()
minty () - menthol () - spearmint () - peppermint () Caramel () Pineapple () Sugar ()

SPICY-
woody ( ) - incense () - hardwood ( ) - sage ( ) - juniper ( ) - cedar () - pine ()
basil ( ) - garlic ( ) - dill ( ) - clove () - parsley () - pepper ()
tobacco () - chocolate () Moldy () Coffee() Lavender Spice ()

MUSKY-
earthy (x) - loam () - dirt () - musty () - dusty () – Alberta spruce ()
animal () — bird () — rodent () — gamey () — sweet skunk () Skunk ( )
botanical () — hay () — autumn leaves ( ) — trees () Sour () Tangy () Manure ()

Final Comment-
I've never seen a plant need so much Phosphorus during veg and this could account for the reports of troubles growing this strain. Once you have that figured out it grows very well, and pretty trouble free.
I stressed these plants at the beginning of flower and they remained stable and didn't even throw a late flower nanner.
This strain has a very thought inducing, relaxing buzz, reminiscent of Doc's "The Dope".

Medical qualities:

Pain associated with Fibromyalgia and other causes.

Nausea relief

Appetite

Dry photo....
zgb1tzq5zj20iai2hk9b_thumb.jpg

Hyphae is just the vegatative growth structure of mold.

It means the looked at it under magnification and saw mold growth. Not sure they do more then that to identify mold.

-J

Yes.....and it was just a tiny spot on the bud. The other plant didnt have any at all.....

I know that your a pro grower was just curious as to why that was listed .

According to the lab tech about 40-50% of the samples they take in during summer months have mold. Also, from what i was told, Health Canada tested a huge amount of samples with lab equipment, from all over Canada and 100% of them had mold.

My conclusion is that we are all smoking buds that have mold on them but just don't know it. There is nothing in the taste or smell that would tip you off.

If its only a small amount i dont worry about it anymore.

Was that what you were asking?

Was just curious as to why that was put in the report no knock on you I hope thats not how you are taking my question never did any testing was just not privy to their process.

No i didn't take it as a knock at all. You don't strike me as the passive aggressive type.

Anyhoo,

I could have put the report from the plant that didnt have the mold to "hide" the findings because it was pretty much the same potency. But, I really like to let people know how much mold is really out there and how its almost impossible to avoid it.

Ive had some people really knock me but i bet dollars to doughnuts they never had theirs tested. And, if they did, it would have mold.

Sometimes i wonder why the lab includes that right on the front page but i guess that's their prerogative.

Now you have me thinking about getting some of my stuff tested I being old school figured if it doesnt smell like mold then it doesnt contain mold scary stuff but from what ive read since seeing this report it seems to be pretty commonplace and nothing to be overly worried about.

Now you have me thinking about getting some of my stuff tested I being old school figured if it doesnt smell like mold then it doesnt contain mold scary stuff but from what ive read since seeing this report it seems to be pretty commonplace and nothing to be overly worried about.

Yep...i agree. Unless you have some serious lung issues or immune deficiency problems it shouldn't be a problem. And, if you have serious lung issues then you probably sholdnt be smoking anyway.

Also, i think they just use a microscope to inspect it. If you had the proper equipment and knew what to look for you could do the same as they do.

They do divide down to type and number of types and give a rating usually(mild/ moderate, etc).  I have seen up to 3 types on one sample but they don't tell species. I have also seen them list mildew instead of mold which I think means they separate the 2.   Personally, I haven't had mold found on any of my samples in over 20+ since I've started.  I personally found mold on one plant of 3 from one pack of seeds but it never made it in my garden because it was the only one that molded.  Keeping spores at a minimum thru filtration and keeping humidity at 45% and not over watering or overfertilizing late stage seems to do the trick.

You can go on Iron Labs site and click on any of the bioanalysis and get all the stats.  Mold or insects are right on the front page.  From my estimates it was lower than 50% that they found mold on, I counted this summer as I was testing and checking the site often, although not all tests are public and a few dispenses would get lots more positives than others.

They do divide down to type and number of types and give a rating usually(mild/ moderate, etc).  I have seen up to 3 types on one sample but they don't tell species. I have also seen them list mildew instead of mold which I think means they separate the 2.   Personally, I haven't had mold found on any of my samples in over 20+ since I've started.  I personally found mold on one plant of 3 from one pack of seeds but it never made it in my garden because it was the only one that molded.  Keeping spores at a minimum thru filtration and keeping humidity at 45% and not over watering or overfertilizing late stage seems to do the trick.

You can go on Iron Labs site and click on any of the bioanalysis and get all the stats.  Mold or insects are right on the front page.  From my estimates it was lower than 50% that they found mold on, I counted this summer as I was testing and checking the site often, although not all tests are public and a few dispenses would get lots more positives than others.

Where have you been testing for over 20 years?