Police Confiscate Marijuana Plants In Pittsfield Township

Michelle Leonhart, DEA Chief is retiring (unexpectedly?).

Been a couple high-profile DEA Federal criminal actions against state compliant raids (albeit with county boys help) including one in SW MI I think.

Methinks the lady prohibited too much for Obama and the Democrats. Sooner or later mmj and MJ consumers will wake up and a seven-percent electorlate bloc will receive the respect they deserve from BOTH parties.

I will say it again if ANYONE believes that some leo would not bust a COMPLETELY COMPLIANT patient and not try to circumvent this law then you are completely living in  a fantasy land..................

certainly that point is not in question one bit. leo has a long history of that very type of behavior as business as usual. What does remain in question though is how many people were indeed operating within the Act, like 5 patients, 72 plants, no sales except to those five,no driving drunk with plants and buddies, etc, yet have been arrested/raided. Of course it has happened, but statistically the number is relatively low(?), and that is the point.

LEO does not know when or if you have a card permitting medical marijuana use, amount of plants currently growing or allowed by you, if there is a lock on the door or not, how many clones are rooting, or how many pounds of packaged mj a noncompliant person is holding. when they do break in, even with shoddy evidence perhaps, it's often a non compliant person inside. When LEO pulls over the cars swerving, with burnt out lights, no insurance, bad plates, etc, LEO is once again awarded with non compliancy in the Act, often the ones we read about here.

No doubt bad investigations, made up evidence, bogus search warrants, etc are used to find this non compliancy too.

A small percentage yes............ But a percentage non the less..................... those bad investigations, made up evidence and deliberate circumvention of the law also paints some compliant ones as non compliant not just find the non compliance.........

I will say it again anyone that thinks everyone charged with being non compliant means they were non compliant is living in a fantasy world....................

A small percentage yes............ But a percentage non the less..................... those bad investigations, made up evidence and deliberate circumvention of the law also paints some compliant ones as non compliant not just find the non compliance.........

I will say it again anyone that thinks everyone charged with being non compliant means they were non compliant is living in a fantasy world....................

Me and you can keep saying the same things but most just don't think it does happen until it's them i do agree it may be a small % and if some are OK with that fine am not OK with it 

the sick should not be raided and Leo needs to stay out of people's homes 

Thank you

certainly that point is not in question one bit. leo has a long history of that very type of behavior as business as usual. What does remain in question though is how many people were indeed operating within the Act, like 5 patients, 72 plants, no sales except to those five,no driving drunk with plants and buddies, etc, yet have been arrested/raided. Of course it has happened, but statistically the number is relatively low(?), and that is the point.

LEO does not know when or if you have a card permitting medical marijuana use, amount of plants currently growing or allowed by you, if there is a lock on the door or not, how many clones are rooting, or how many pounds of packaged mj a noncompliant person is holding. when they do break in, even with shoddy evidence perhaps, it's often a non compliant person inside. When LEO pulls over the cars swerving, with burnt out lights, no insurance, bad plates, etc, LEO is once again awarded with non compliancy in the Act, often the ones we read about here.

No doubt bad investigations, made up evidence, bogus search warrants, etc are used to find this non compliancy too.

Thanks

LEO does not know when or if you have a card permitting medical marijuana use ? getting warrants on a hunch is not OK with me

My advice to those wishing not to get hassled is to take advice from those who receive no hassles, rather than those who are hassled.  Many people find themselves guilty by association. 

no rules might be better, but breaking them doesn't help anyone right now.  after seeing the punishment levied on non compliant registrants some people are frightened to even grow in our state now.

Patients representing properly within the Act are enjoying great healing, enlightenment, and have found joy in sharing with others in their group. Those groups are largely not hassled. I've fortunately never known a patient to even have police contact since 2008. 

Congratulations  to all those who represent well !

This is exactly why I will stick up for anyone brought in for MJ no matter the story.  I've been arrested before and i know the treatment, the insults, the humiliation that they'll put you thru.  To them you're nothing but scum for having parts of a plant on you. 

Even if you don't want to see it that way, even if you want to distance yourself from "people acting outside the law", you HAVE to realize, we are ALL in the same boat, it is US against THEM.  If you aren't on the police' and judge's side then you are on OUR side because the same thing can happen to you.  Just think, you are pretty much a prisoner of a couple states if you want to medicate, all teh other ones are against US.  ALL OF US.

In the 80's I my 4 room apartment was raided for 3.5 hours, no plate left unbroken.  It became obvious after 3 seconds that they were there for a person inside my apartment, no me, my son, or wife. Quite possibly thinking I was part of some scheme involving this other person. I was out of smoke that day, and only had my cleaned seeds/sticks in the cigar box in my nightstand. Pipes were already scraped and clean.

those creeps were very interested in other drugs, scales, packaging equipment, cash. They beat the victim until bloody and broken for about 20 minutes,  and called an ambulance to take him screaming to the hospital, stitches, throat damage, blinded for weeks, swollen etc. That's when "my" raid began. Nobody was allowed to put clothes on for the duration. They found only under 20 grams of "marijuana material consisting of seeds and stems" as listed. I was scared, broke, and 7411'd, but now I think we could have pointed at each other as the possessor and botched this fiasco maybe. I got pseudo booked, never arrested, no Miranda, they took a photo, prints and gave them to me to leave with, so I did. still got them even !  

That raid was awful, the behavior of the officers was that of prison thugs. 3 of them also were admitted to the hospital for days and 7 assault charges were levied and dropped in a deal between the abused and the prosecutor.

Nobody should go through that mess for a plant, but I was breaking the law, knowingly, and accepting the risks as others told me. If there was no seeds or stems what would have happened? who knows?  I thought I was treated unfairly, and the laws should be different too, like every other raided person I read about.

I think people should represent properly now that we the option to do so. Its a no brainer if only growing for yourself and the planning, work, discipline to grow for others is not for everyone. Crime is tempting  us all the time. dispensaries are on every corner. They openly advertise to buy up all you can bring. I've been offered a 100% premium compared to what my patients gladly give me. I've been pimped by patients who take advantage of that market. I don't blame them.

The rules are simple, but beware of bad enforcement officers these days, and every day of the past and future, this has not changed one bit.

Its difficult to know what you have until its gone. Amazingly though, the moment your life inventory shows "too much to lose" a light bulb comes on for people.  Some only see it when they're tired of sitting in jail, or spending court dollars, or being raped by the system, or never feel like they have anything to lose , until its gone.  

Once I was raided I decided to conduct myself responsibly with cannabis. The first thing I did was stopped wearing it on my sleeve. That's gone a long way to keeping my family safe.  Once I got my card I realized I was not doing enough to represent properly, so I stepped it up. Its a ton of work, low pay, huge risk too, but it is possible and self rewarding too.  I never in a million years would have thought I would feel the need to throw ounces of buds into the compost pile !  I wonder how many people are able to do this when necessary. would have been impossible for me to do until now.

represent well

stay safe

respect our Act

G.M yes compliant under plant count locked up Doc Rec. And after the 21 days before raid

soooo, why did they come to you, the marijuana grower? what were the charges? you've already spoke of how you were growing without sending in your app yet. Please give mention to the parts you wish you did not do, the ones that brought police to your door in the first place.

I'm not picking on you bob, but I will not let you skew the facts here. Why not tell people something like this;

Get your card/ make sure the state approves you to grow before you plant seeds? don't show off to your buddies.

don't go on television yelling, proud to be a user. I see folks blowing smoke into the cops face at shows etc, and I think the same things. This badge of proudness, for being permitted to use cannabis because of a serious disease is ridiculous to me when its broadcasted to the masses, or the party store checkout, concert, club.

Edited by grassmatch

soooo, why did they come to you       The police called THCF where we got our Rec. from and ask if we had gotten it their before they raided us   =  they Set   us up imho

what were the charges? same as anyone else growing cannabis

Why not tell people something like this; because it's you saying it Not me 

don't go on television     i agree and did not do that

Please give mention to the parts you wish you did not do,  Thanks OK   i wish i would have never gotten Torey Involved but at that time she weigh about 88 lb. i had to do something chemo was killing her

make sure the state approves you   the State is not  the approval the Doctor is 

don't show off to your buddies.    i agree and did not

Get your card  i agree but it's not going to help you in Court

soooo, why did they come to you, the marijuana grower? what were the charges? you've already spoke of how you were growing without sending in your app yet. Please give mention to the parts you wish you did not do, the ones that brought police to your door in the first place.

I'm not picking on you bob, but I will not let you skew the facts here. Why not tell people something like this;

Get your card/ make sure the state approves you to grow before you plant seeds? don't show off to your buddies.

don't go on television yelling, proud to be a user. I see folks blowing smoke into the cops face at shows etc, and I think the same things. This badge of proudness, for being permitted to use cannabis because of a serious disease is ridiculous to me when its broadcasted to the masses, or the party store checkout, concert, club.

I followed the original version of this website and "watched" Bob's raid happen in real time.

I recall, at the time, he used "Bob Redden" as his screen name and had "Madison Heights" as his location.  Later, the cops said they did a trash pull.  Who knows?  My guess is that they were lurking on the web and saw he was discussing his grow and simply looked him up then busted down his door.

At the time of his raid, he showed the LEOs his and Torrey's submitted paperwork (20+ days old).  The LEOs told Bob that the plants must be over 20 days old, based on size.  He and Torrey also had fewer than 24 plants (22 I think) locked in a bedroom.  They were not in possession of over the limit for dried meds.

The PA attacked the Dr. - Patient relationship, and Dr. Eisenbud of the THCF clinic testified that Bob suffered from pain associated with hip surgery.  The PA tried to argue that "pain isn't a condition" or something like that.

A later argument made by the PA was that the plants were accessible to both patients and therefore were not compliant.  I believe either the COA or SC sent the case back downstairs to be tried as a Section 8.  It was then, after about three years in the wringer, that Bob figured he was better off stopping the madness and that probation would be healthier, faster and cheaper than continuing the fight. 

I don't know where Bob ever said he was growing without sending in his application.  That is inconsistent with everything I ever saw him write on-line.   I think you might be misunderstanding something there.

Edited by Highlander

Bob told me last year he was about to send it in, but had not sent it in before he planted plants. no biggy to me, but details.

My understanding is the doctor says mj will help, and that's all we need to use mj. It is the state that needs to check your background, physicians credentials etc, and permit one to grow marijuana.   could be wrong for sure. 

I don't fault anyone for a plea of course. With the ACLU on board it surprises me this wasn't tossed  unless we're missing some details.

Bob told me last year he was about to send it in, but had not sent it in before he planted plants. no biggy to me, but details.

My understanding is the doctor says mj will help, and that's all we need to use mj. It is the state that needs to check your background, physicians credentials etc, and permit one to grow marijuana.   could be wrong for sure. 

I don't fault anyone for a plea of course. With the ACLU on board it surprises me this wasn't tossed  unless we're missing some details.

I seem to recall that Bob was on the bus to Lansing and was one of the first few to submit an application on day 1-in person. I'm not sure where the misunderstanding comes from, but my recollection was that Bob posted here that he submitted the paperwork 20+ days prior to the raid.

So Grass let me ask you this do you not believe that the paperwork past the 21 days acts as a card? Let's go one step further and say Bob only had a doctors recommendation. Do you not believe that the act calls for him to have protection from prosecution?

I agree everyone needs to just cut Bob some slack.................... He has gone through enough already...............

I believe the paperwork, nothing to do with 21 days actually, will serve as a card. A card to possess and use cannabis, not grow it. A doctor makes no claim that a patient is legally allowed to grow marijuana, especially for another person, only that he/she will receive benefit from its use.

If the doctor was illegitimate, lara would know, if the patient wasn't even a resident, lara would know.

Has the doctor rec ever succeeded in saving a person who did not have their card but was growing cannabis? how much does that defense cost?

lara says clearly to "get your card" for protections. 

my opinion of course, and most likely nothing to do with the law. A defendable action is not the same as a legal one.  Compliant paperwork holders are at more risk than compliant card holders I'm sure. risk of police, courts, raids, pull overs gone bad, etc.

again, nobody should be hassled for a plant, especially when compliant within the Act. when a person is non compliant though, this does not represent the whole of the Act participation. Time and time again when details come out, we always see the reason leo was there in the first place, even if we don't like it, or think it was right, it becomes clear who leo hassles mostly.   this type of police hassle is not new. as soon as someone sticks there head out they become game for the courts, we all know that, and always have. I will continue to hide my personal health issues, as well as the medications I use to alleviate the symptoms. At the drug store I see many bragging about their pills and effects, they carry their illness like a badge, and their meds like their shield. Cannabis is still illegal and we are smarter than that mostly. Getting smarter too, as leo reminds us to mind our manners often, even vicariously.

peace to bob, of course, he knows I love him and wish him well every day. He knows I'm not the only poster with the same concerns and questions, only the current one. He likes to talk about it, as we all do with horrifying experiences. Its no fun to be asked "what were you wearing that night", but the question is always on peoples minds.

the more he mentions it, the more details surface. the more he mentions it, the more I believe he wants to discuss it. His case only gets brought up first by him.

If he wishes to discuss it further, I'll be his Huckleberry.

Or maybe understand that Bob was among the first, if not the first, patient to get raided after the MMMA passed. And it wasn't as if he was using his patient status to sell meds. He and Torrey were simply growing their own meds. Contrast his behavior with the likes of Dutch Eagle, peanutbutter, and John Roberts. ... Nothing against those three ( I admire their courage but question their intent to,some degree but that's another matter, yet I admire even their bad decisions. ) but Bob was not operating as a large-scale guy and never advocated selling meds to the sixth patient, etc.

Maybe he mentions his own experience frequently because he got f-ed over. He and Torrey were simply growing their own meds in a way they they thought was legal, and the Oakland county PAs decided to make an example early on. Think about it...two old and sick people growing meds together as a couple and wrung through the wringer because their plants weren't segregated. Silly stupid and not what I voted for. As I see it, if hubby can have 12 plants and the wife can have 12 plants, how on gods green earth does it make sense that the plants need to be separated in groups of 12.?

If Bob needs a huckleberry maybe he can visit us in the flint area and take a ride on the huckleberry railroad for some relaxation. He's been through enough. He might not be very good at online communication, so reading between the lines and understanding the history is in order.

I'll say it again. I love bob, and believe he deserved the best defense available, and that his prosecution was not within the Act I voted for, but his defense was. I've spoken to bob personally about this. I don't like what happened to them either. CLEARLY !

BUT.....to post as if his demise is rampant business as usual in the Act is crap. The details are the answer. Scaring new patients into believing compliancy will get them prosecuted is crap. I believe a patient is compliant within the Act for possessing concentrates. If the police came to my patients house to arrest them for oils they have in their dresser ...I would not believe the cops somehow knew the oil was there, and would be curious to know how they knew in the first place. On one hand it does not matter since they're in trouble for something we mostly think is legal. But in those details we find other issues, the ones that brought leo to the patient in the first place.

That doesn't make them any more guilty/innocent, but it does shine light on the scene, at least when details in this forum about busts are revealed. still, the busts are bs, and an abuse within the system.  I would not let that patient scream about how everyone that has oil is going to be raked through the coals, but rather something like "loose lips sink ships".  still, no reason for prosecuting those with loose lips I agree.

again, bob knows the love here, and knows exactly what we speak of, now.

Then you clearly have a poor understanding of section 8 Grass.............. And a poor understanding of what the paperwork serving as the SAME AS A CARD means.............. Not trying to be an donkey or anything and not trying to argue. You should read it again.

Edited to add......... So you think the paperwork will serve as a card but with only partial protections of said card?

Edited by ozzrokk