Most Efficient And Easiest Way To Extract

I have to say I love cannabutter!

I didnt even look at a recipe!

2lbs of butter, (i like real butter for this)

4 to 5 oz , dry cannabiss sugar leaf and the lil budzz!

Slowly melt butter in a large/medium pot,,,,,um pan lol..

Bring to a slow bubble,  add the 4 to 5 oz marihiuana. lol,

Stir it up real good while mixing in water and adjusting temp to slow boil,

Add water as needed, try to keep it just so you dont burn anything,

Continue for 2 to 4 hrs, (add water as needed)

Strain with a medal/mesh strainer. ( put cheese clothe over strainer so you dont get any mm into butter)

Into a large glass bowl, (squeeze out the cheese clothe w/o getting mm mixed in the butter.) 

Put in fridge over nite. 

Wa la!

Butter/water all seperated!

Im sure you can take it from there!

above is verified by me,,,,,,,lol......I just did this recipee last nite,,,,,I am so Happy with the finnished Treat!!

Peace

Phaquetoo:

Bet that is some strong butter. I use 1 oz per lb of butter, and yes using real butter. Next time I will try 2 oz per lb just for an experiment. Also use a slow cooker for 6 hours.

This was not planned, I was with another pt on new years eve, I brought some bottoms of plants and scratch with me so we could trim and medicate new years eve, when we got done trimming I said I would love to make some cannabutter, he had the butter, strainer and cheese cloth, I had the main ingrediants,  I did a quick recipee out of my head lol!  And we are so pleased with the finish product,,,,and oh yea it is super potent, I love it!

I would most def use a slow cooker and do things a little bit different next time, and we already have a planned time to make something, I am struggling with oil or butter next time.

Last time I made bho, I was bringing my exttracted product from my safe place to my finishing up area, I tripped and lost 2 case of butane/oil on the back lawn!  (shhh dont tell any one im so embarresed)

The butter extraction done on new years eve is a quick easy extraction for an answer to the o.p of this thread!

Peace

The butter extraction done on new years eve is a quick easy extraction for an answer to the o.p of this thread!

Peace

...A very easy stinky way to an extraction if eating the result is the goal. From ops post I believe he

is seeking a way to make smoke/vape/dab- able product, not edible, necessarily.

your butter recipe is the tops though !

Edited by grassmatch

sure did with a tamisium. the manu has some info on his website and even has supplied dlimonene.

I buy it by the gallon, it's got many uses. I was unable to completely remove the flavor imparted, and it requires

added heat to recover. I don't use added heat....scrapped after the first attempt. puregold says they add a % of dlimonene to their cannabis extracts for effects. I wonder if maybe they use it to xtract and are left with a % in the result..?

...A very easy stinky way to an extraction if eating the result is the goal. From ops post I believe he

is seeking a way to make smoke/vape/dab- able product, not edible, necessarily.

your butter recipe is the tops though !

luckily I am nose blind lol!  I have to say I was very hungry while making the butter, It almost looked like spinach lol, I was so tempted to put a lil salt and pepper on some and eat it lmao!

although I only cooked it for 2 hrs, the butter taistes realy good, and man I just cant seem to use the right amount so I can function normal lol!

I always make things to strong, I figure I can use less as needed, Im hoping to get my dosage right soon, I love mixing bho in peanut butter and putting it on an english muffin!  I rarely smoke mm, Im so satisfied with medibles, I most def like to roll up a big fatty (3 grm's) thanks to a good friend who gave me a sweet roller,,,,,,,at nite I will make one up and smoke it like a stogy and I enjoy the heck out of the taiste,,,,,most folks roll their joints so small I cant taiste it, when I break one of mine out eyes open wide lmao!

Peace

I need a safe way to extract oil or wax from a bunch of shake and popcorn buds never could get the purge of butane out of my oil was looking at a video at organic drain cleaner its all food product based anyone use that process yet?

as a solvent? Sounds a little scary, but I'd be interested to know the ingredients or product names if you have them. Never tried it or heard of it though, sorry

Nbutane has been used for over a hundred years in food packaging safely, not sure about drain cleaners though. 

Proper distillation equipment is designed to facilitate a 100% nbutane solvent removal. All kinds of things will extract cannabis oil, not many are easy to reclaim/remove....like organic bacteria used to break down sludge in drains maybe...

be careful, hate to read of a new strain of brain swelling related to drain cleaner bacteria inhalation

I need a safe way to extract oil or wax from a bunch of shake and popcorn buds never could get the purge of butane out of my oil was looking at a video at organic drain cleaner its all food product based anyone use that process yet?

why not bho in a safe way,  to me it is the quickest way, and I have never had a complaint about the bho I make!

Peace

I know just hearing the words drain cleaner is scary but its non toxic and its enzymes  and food based product its suppose to be the wave of the future for bomb can extractions.

A way to tell if your butane will disolve,,,,,,take a can spray a lil on a mirror or glass peice, if there is any residue left dont use that butane!  The better the tane the more it cost's,,,,,,,,it is worth the price though! and im not talking ntane, although that is your best bet, but not always necisarry!

Best of Luck!

Peace

I tend to wonder about how much unburned, low-quality, impure butane people breathe-in when using a simple butane lighter for years and years?

Is the possibility of unpurged impurities in BHO (using a cheap butane) even worth worrying about, considering that most of us have had a butane lighter under our noses multiple times a day for many years?

lets not forget the untold number of cooks inhaling the fumes over the stove, right from the can of Pam cooking spray. Or consider the millions of men shaving in a shower stall inhaling the ntane used to propel shaving creams.

ntane can be bought for 9 dollars a can today, no excuse not use the very best gas available. Thing is other butanes are fine, except the ones packed with mercaptan. But, they are not just butane, instead a whole dozen or so different gases. This becomes problematic when trying to quantify a complete removal of solvent(s), as butane vaporizes at a specific temp, around room temp, while the other dozen or so gases do not share the same quality necessarily. The reason for choosing "Nbutane" is its purity, meaning it has the least amount of other gases within, when it leaves the very top of the distiller. it is the cleanest gas known in the petro distillery as the last one to leave behind impurities(crude oil at the bottom, gasoline, naptha in the middleish, and nbutane at the top)

Working with a tamisium I know that when I used the "fill from a can" option I could separate the butane from the other gases with minor temp changes. The manu actually suggests it to remove impurities. (The device will extract oil from a solvent cleaned new ball bearing using ntane).  

Without known weights of the solvent in and out" there is little reliable way of knowing for sure what has been removed.  With that said I've seen most people using heat to remove the butane from a bubbling dish. heating this way will remove all of those gases.(not mercaptan) so.... I'd trust it too with no other options

Butane evaporates at room temp. It can get "trapped" within a hardening bit of cannabis oil though. Gentle heat applied, even a lighter to the top of the pool will expand and release the trapped gases with a whoot, a very real danger when dabbing another' s dabbage, depending on method used. 

"X times filtered" = mechanically filtered to remove solids which may negate proper function of the lighter the gas is intended to be used in. 5x, 10x, etc has nothing to do with how pure the gas(ES) are, only that there may be less rocks, steel bits, sand.... at the bottom of the can. don't buy from china, at least.  grow stores carry pure NButane in a consumer can, its cheap, especially when you reclaim it, use after use.

agreed. for an extra couple bucks the canned ntane would be a no brainer for me.  when 400 grams of it goes in, 400 grams of it come out, theres no guessing, but smoke shop butane is not like that. Not all of it will come out, I suspect because not all of it is butane, evaporating/reclaiming at the same rate/temps/pressures that ntane will

. Skunkpharm actually has pictures of the "mystery oil" left behind after distilling the "purest" smoke shop brands. Its oil, it will remain in the finished concentrate. I wonder if it might be oil from the metal can processing being literally extracted from the can by the butane soaking on it, expending from the can. not sure, but like I said the tami will pull oil from a new ball bearing. manu says to even do a couple dry runs with ntane to extract oils from the stainless steel vessel itself until runs clean.

Nbutane has been used for over a hundred years in food packaging safely, not sure about drain cleaners though. 

Proper distillation equipment is designed to facilitate a 100% nbutane solvent removal. All kinds of things will extract cannabis oil, not many are easy to reclaim/remove....like organic bacteria used to break down sludge in drains maybe...

be careful, hate to read of a new strain of brain swelling related to drain cleaner bacteria inhalation

This is not conventional drain cleaner its an enzyme based  liquid with live cultures like in yogurt.

Found this

"Syzygium aromaticum) holds an important positionamongst widely used essential oils. A typical steam distillation process

for the extraction of clove oil provides a 10.1% yield. Recent studies involved

the use of enzymes such as pectinase, amylase, lignocellulase, and cellulase

on the powder of clove buds, prior to extraction. The traditional methods of

physical and chemical extraction are effective but may affect the structure,

quality and yield of the phytochemicals extracted. In the current study,

hence, enzymes specific for action on the cell wall have been used in the pre

treatment prior to extraction, to enhance the quality and yield of the phytochemicals

extracted. The results indicated that all the enzymes, gave more

than 50% higher yield than control in terms of weight of extracted essential

oil. A mixture of the enzymes gave the highest yield of 17.82%. Gas chromatography

results indicated that the essential oil extracted using amylase had

a maximum eugenol content of 70%, in comparison with the eugenol content

(62–68%) in the essential oils extracted using the rest of the enzymes.

getting warmer.....

sounds cheaper and less risky than conventional solvent extraction. I wonder when the food, perfume, and any herbal extraction commercial producers will catch on? cant wait to see how live cultures are removed from vegetative material and oil. I love

chemistry!

Yes i was critical of it at first as well but according to the video its the wave of the future I never could get my oil properly purged so ive farmed out my oil production to a pro with a recycling oil machine .